weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

Signs are great Mark, I like the dog mooring tbh but really like the handmade tea room sign with the detail of the brush strokes. Craftsmanship much better than a laser printed vinyl

Dog Mooring by a country mile ... or maybe after a country mile. It has curiosity value plus I do like the bg and colour. Fabulous.

LOL Dog mooring, like everyone else it made grin Nice find Mark :)

I'm guessing Dog Mooring is by a canal, nice find. The yellow flowers are nice but I'm not sure about the angle, the tea room sign does the job nicely though.

I like the floral signs, is Llangollen the place where there is a big viaduct which carries the barges

Simple - The first shot for me Mark, the deeper DoF helps imo, and the leading lines work better as they are sharper. Good idea to put it at the centre of the cross.
Sign - I like the brightness of the narrow boat's sign, but losing the bottom corner by the side (I'm guessing engine room) doors detracts a bit. Regardless I prefer the simplicity of the first shot and the under-statedness(sic) of the sign.
Metal Reshoot - Oi Oi !!! ;) I prefer the first to the second as the lighting in the second is very flat and I would say the colour balance looks off.
Flora - The flowers are well taken, but actually I prefer the dog mooring sign on the wall of (I presume) a chandlers.

Couple of nice Flora signs there. Nice find and it's always good to see something different for the theme.

Love the dog mooring sign! The tea room one is probably a slightly stronger capture (technically) but I prefer the concept of dog mooring!

The flower shots are just suffering from the background behind them... easily fixed when you reshoot by turn to another angle! Good first attempt (y)

signs - I really like the barge. the toy emporium needs a brighter day. and the 4th one is spot on theme.
metal reshoot - good choice
old reshoot - shame about the light an interesting old building
flora - I like both the signs especially the humor of the dog mooring.

Hmmmm tough choice Mark, love the yellow flowers but the Brick weave background is off-putting, a real nice colour and good detail... so I'm choosing the 'Tea Room' sign, nice and different and a pleasant DoF too :)

Tea room for me too although Dog Mooring sounds intriguing :eek: Perhaps they could also have a Child Mooring sign too :p

They all lovely shots but the Dog Mooring with the handle (I presumed its for 'mooring' the dog while the owner went for a pint!) makes me smile. :)

Signs are great Mark, I like the dog mooring tbh but really like the handmade tea room sign with the detail of the brush strokes. Craftsmanship much better than a laser printed vinyl

Dog Mooring by a country mile ... or maybe after a country mile. It has curiosity value plus I do like the bg and colour. Fabulous.

LOL Dog mooring, like everyone else it made grin Nice find Mark :)

I'm guessing Dog Mooring is by a canal, nice find. The yellow flowers are nice but I'm not sure about the angle, the tea room sign does the job nicely though.

I like the floral signs, is Llangollen the place where there is a big viaduct which carries the barges

Simple - The first shot for me Mark, the deeper DoF helps imo, and the leading lines work better as they are sharper. Good idea to put it at the centre of the cross.
Sign - I like the brightness of the narrow boat's sign, but losing the bottom corner by the side (I'm guessing engine room) doors detracts a bit. Regardless I prefer the simplicity of the first shot and the under-statedness(sic) of the sign.
Metal Reshoot - Oi Oi !!! ;) I prefer the first to the second as the lighting in the second is very flat and I would say the colour balance looks off.
Flora - The flowers are well taken, but actually I prefer the dog mooring sign on the wall of (I presume) a chandlers.

Couple of nice Flora signs there. Nice find and it's always good to see something different for the theme.

Love the dog mooring sign! The tea room one is probably a slightly stronger capture (technically) but I prefer the concept of dog mooring!

The flower shots are just suffering from the background behind them... easily fixed when you reshoot by turn to another angle! Good first attempt (y)

It has to be the Dog Mooring sign Mark ....what a great find and a super sign, I've not seen one like that before. The lily is a beauty but I have to agree on the background, it's sometimes awkward to find the right angle isn't it.

signs - I really like the barge. the toy emporium needs a brighter day. and the 4th one is spot on theme.
metal reshoot - good choice
old reshoot - shame about the light an interesting old building
flora - I like both the signs especially the humor of the dog mooring.

Thank you all for your comments really appreciate them.

The lily's were taken in my front garden well bparder I was hoping the ones n the back garden would have been in flower but they ween't playing ball :(

The Dog Mooring was out side the Tea Room I really wanted a dog tied to it but I think they were all in hiding

Week 27 Activity

Found this on a but of a struggle managed to get this image but not really happy with it so I've included an Archive shoot too (this shoot came third in the print set subject of Life in Motion in our club competition earlier this year

ACTIVITY2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

ACTIVITY by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Definitely the underpass I would have probably cropped it sides and bottom but it got you third place so what would I know

Underpass for me too Mark, a little action going on among the colours.

Definitely the underpass Mark - it has artistic input in the form of movement blur and several points of interest to hold the viewers attention. Congrats on the third place :clap:

Yes, I agree with everyone who posted above, the underpass!

Nice takes, underpass edges it for me, colourful, and i like the bler in the people, nicely framed

Thanks Walter

Underpass for me, the blur on the people gives a good sense of activity

Thanks Chris I had fun taking this set!

Underpass for me too Mark, someone's been busy in there, I like the slightly ghostly blurred figures with their long shadows.

Thanks Susie

Definitely the underpass I would have probably cropped it sides and bottom but it got you third place so what would I know

Thanks Allan never thougtht about cropping it a bit more I will have a look.

Underpass for me too Mark, a little action going on among the colours.

Thanks Chris the Graffiti was an organsised thing a few years ago it looks really cool but other idiots have started painting their names etc over the artwork

Definitely the underpass Mark - it has artistic input in the form of movement blur and several points of interest to hold the viewers attention. Congrats on the third place :clap:

Thanks Carl I was just a little cuffed :)

Ditto. For pretty much the same reasons + I quite enjoy Urban Art.

Thanks TIm

Yes, I agree with everyone who posted above, the underpass!

Thanks Bernd

Underpass for me too Mark, I'd have loved to see a bit more of the top of the frame or equally cropped at the bottom... I know, OCD :D

Thanks Dean just done a quick crop

ACTIVITY by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Like the crop of the underpass, Mark. The blur of movement of the people within and the colour of the graffiti with the lighting reflecting along the opposite side are all plus points.

Well done :)

Underpass ... both the graffiti and the motion blur suggests Activity.

On to Week 28 and Life a couple from me for this one

Mom and Dad are away at the moment so I've been looking after their fish and feeding the birds (they eat more then me!!!)

So first off a couple of Pond Life images

PONDLIFE2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

PONDLIFE by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Not overly happy with these to be honest so as an added bonus how about

Dogs Life

DOGS LIFE by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Clever you Mark ...this will definitely be the most original one for Hidden, I prefer the first one, I like the bright splashes of red, the only distraction for me is the shadow at the bottom.

I like the open mouthed fish in pond life ...I think he's saying feed me :)

Thanks Susie the shadow is off the camera!! I couldn't move it any further back!

He was saying feed me I had just turned the air bubble pump off ready to feed them the second I walk by the pond they all go mad like they haven't been fed in weeks!:LOL:

Excellent hidden, would never have thought of that and it works so well, the fish work quite well for life though I have to say the dog for me love the ears back pose

Nice idea with pond life, like the first one and hidden is spot on for the theme, second one for me because I like that in the unmarked version all the words are hidden

Pond life #1 contains a gob shot, what's not to like? :D
Cute looking dog though all the same.

Hidden, clever idea :) those things drive me nuts TBH.
1st one for me Mark, the red stripes definitely add something to it.

Well done with Hidden - it is a Susie says, very original. The red stripes add that extra bit of interest and colour so that one for me. As for Life, I like the "gob" shot and the movement you've captured in the fg so #1 for that too. (y)

#1 for pond live, and I like the B&W conversion for hidden. Pity that there is a slight shadow of your lens hood.

Back