weekly Elaine's 52 for 2015 - Christmas added - finished!

That idea had occurred to me too, but we only had spaghetti hoops in the cupboard (kids getting older I guess).
I'm glad someone did it :)
The pp on that is really good (far better than the banker I have).
I guess the best shot make it look easy even though it probably wasn't. Your shot is my fav 'Alphabet' posted so far!
Thanks Tim, glad it was worth it :)

ARGH !! Went out yesterday and bought Alphbetti Spaghetti with a very similar idea in mind. I'll think of a different interpretation and see what I can come up with, but love the idea and the way you've executed it. (Might have to have a rethink ....) Nice work.
Sorry Sara! I had a feeling it would be a popular idea, that's why I set to work as soon as I'd bought my tin of spaghetti :sorry:

you did a good job there :clap: it could be used for advertising :)

Hi, on theme and well composed. I like the messiness of it.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy. I hadn't intended it to be quite that messy, but I ran out of sauce before I managed to fill in all the gaps, so it was a bit more random than I'd originally meant it to be :rolleyes:

Like this a lot. It's simple, colourful and effective and given me a great idea for our clubs Still Life competition next year if I can remember it.

Like this a lot. It's simple, colourful and effective and given me a great idea for our clubs Still Life competition next year if I can remember it.
Thanks Chris. I suggest you try and get the large size if you can. They only had small ones in my local Asda and as I said, there wasn't quite as much sauce as I would have liked. Plus, I fished all the letters out with a fork and arranged them alphabetically so I could see what I had to work with before I started spelling out words and I discovered that there were several letters missing from the small tin.

machine - love it Elaine really great shot!
alphabet - great idea for theme
Thanks Michalene. Studio-type shots were my worst nightmare and I'd never really attempted them before I started doing the 52s last year - I'm far happier outdoors. But after lots of awkward themes and bad weather conditions that didn't really offer any other options I think I'm starting to get the hang of them a little bit better now :eek:

Last edited:
LOL at the "machine" and the sneaky line from "Pink Floyd" ;)

Alphabet, nicely taken and LOL at the message too it fits well on all counts (y)

Loving the machine shot...made me chuckle.
I too, thought about alphabet spaghetti, and indeed had an archive image lined up if all else failed :LOL:
Couldn't be a much better fit for the theme.

Like the quirkiness of your quote. I'm rather thinking of using alphabet spaghetti for my shot. Have an idea in my head, but having read your issues with white BG may rethink.... time will tell.

LOL at the "machine" and the sneaky line from "Pink Floyd" ;)

Alphabet, nicely taken and LOL at the message too it fits well on all counts (y)

Hi Elaine, nicely done alphabet and a nice clean white BG, well done for getting in first

Loving the machine shot...made me chuckle.
I too, thought about alphabet spaghetti, and indeed had an archive image lined up if all else failed :LOL:
Couldn't be a much better fit for the theme.

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad I managed to raise a few smiles :)

Like the quirkiness of your quote. I'm rather thinking of using alphabet spaghetti for my shot. Have an idea in my head, but having read your issues with white BG may rethink.... time will tell.
Thanks Mandy. I think it would have been easier if I'd had something to use as bg that was matte white, but non-absorbent. The shelves in my bedroom would have fitted the bill, but I'm not 100% sure the sauce wouldn't have left a stain :eek:

Week 15 - Sound - and I've gone all Zen! I started off in Google translate and printed the characters off on a sheet of white paper which I then sellotaped to the bathroom wall. Put one hand in front of it and tried lots of different angles before I found one I liked. Then converted it to mono, cleaned up the bg to get rid of most of the shadows and used quite a bit of motion blur on the hand to give the effect of clapping.

The Sound of One Hand Clapping

f2rifs.jpg

Well carried out.
Without the explanation I'd have been stumped though.

LOL one hand clapping, very clever,
nicely presented too Elaine (y)

2 super shots on 2 tough weeks alphabet is a great set up well taken and a clever idea I would never have said in a million years thats how you did the text.

Hey Elaine :)

Alphabet - DAMN that is bright :cool:

I really like the Splat type lay out of this, well set up, nicely lit and perfect for the theme, thumbs up to the background PP, loving it so vivid (y)

Sound - A good idea again, well done with the text, the way you have done it works really well :)

As Talking Photography Projects Themes & Ideas go .... this does not make me feel the least bit zenned up or indeed any the wiser. I see an OOF hand.

But hey I like different.

Quick off the Mark :)

The sharp text contrasts well with the blurred hand.

You grey extra points for not using Photoshop on the text :clap:

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. Photographing the text with the hand felt like the easier option at the time, but seeing your Terminator shot has made me want to make a bit more of an effort learning about layers and composites. I think it may be some time before I even think about attempting something like that though!

Adding text to a photograph in PS is very simple. However, there it's something to be said for doing it old-school :)
Well, I've used text boxes to add "ordinary" text, but I figured that Chinese characters might be a little more complicated :eek:

Sorry duplicate post.

Hey Elaine :)

Alphabet - DAMN that is bright :cool:

Funnily enough I have a cool pair of shades if you want to borrow them ;)

I really like the Splat type lay out of this, well set up, nicely lit and perfect for the theme, thumbs up to the background PP, loving it so vivid (y)

Sound - A good idea again, well done with the text, the way you have done it works really well :)
Thanks DK!

As Talking Photography Projects Themes & Ideas go .... this does not make me feel the least bit zenned up or indeed any the wiser. I see an OOF hand.

But hey I like different.
Grasshopper, you must practice opening up your Chakras in order to gain true enlightenment :p

Back