weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Tried the other day for the more than 1 theme, but was not really happy with it, so tried again with some of my many Egyptian things I have collected over the years. So the 1st is not too bad but like the egyptians more.

The Ellie Family by Dave, on Flickr

More than One by Dave, on Flickr

Out of the two I like the elephants better.

Both fit the theme though so no problem there.

I think I would prefer the elephants, for the way they pop out due to being brighter.
But... They seem fuzzy at forum resolution. I clicked through to flickr and the default seems smaller than the forum resolution.
So I'm guessing that the interaction between the small image on flickr and the forum is making it worse?

But I don't get why you're uploading so small on flickr? I guess if you were planning to put it up on stock then maybe (but then you'd put a (c) on it).
Perhaps a larger upload would allow the quality to show through? Dunno. YMMV.

I think I would prefer the elephants, for the way they pop out due to being brighter.
But... They seem fuzzy at forum resolution. I clicked through to flickr and the default seems smaller than the forum resolution.
So I'm guessing that the interaction between the small image on flickr and the forum is making it worse?

But I don't get why you're uploading so small on flickr? I guess if you were planning to put it up on stock then maybe (but then you'd put a (c) on it).
Perhaps a larger upload would allow the quality to show through? Dunno. YMMV.

Thank you Tim, I keep forgetting NOT to resize.

Thank you Tim, I keep forgetting NOT to resize.
Ah. LR lets you set up a preset for exporting for specific reasons (So you could set up a Forum export preset if wanted to).
You use C1 and Affinity don't you? I don't know enough about them, but I would expect they do something similar?

I could have a look on the free fuji C1 for you if you need me to.

Ah. LR lets you set up a preset for exporting for specific reasons (So you could set up a Forum export preset if wanted to).
You use C1 and Affinity don't you? I don't know enough about them, but I would expect they do something similar?

Will have a look on this PC as I have the Fuji C1 on it here.

Reactions: LC2
I'm with the elephants as well, although the varied lighting on the death masks has given them a lovely variable colour effect. The lighting on both is spot on!

Another vote for the elephants form me love the way the pop from the screen and the fact that they reduce in size too.

Just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment, and I do like your two subjects for Transport - very clever and must have taken a while to make them. Shame so many have got lost but it's great that you have those two, at least. 'Time' is spot on for the theme and very high key, it jumps off the screen, and of your selection for Snapper's Choice I like the colour image of the pine cone because of the sharp reflection and lovely brown tones.

Both of the flower images for Initial F are lovely ; #1 is my favourite because of the deep colours of the individual bloom but the other image works well too with the different colours and heights of the flowers. Finally, the elephants are perfect for the latest theme as they jump off the screen with the warm tones of the metal and red jewels. Neither look completely 'pin sharp' though, but reading your conversation with Tim hopefully you get to the bottom of the resizing issue (y)

Just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment, and I do like your two subjects for Transport - very clever and must have taken a while to make them. Shame so many have got lost but it's great that you have those two, at least. 'Time' is spot on for the theme and very high key, it jumps off the screen, and of your selection for Snapper's Choice I like the colour image of the pine cone because of the sharp reflection and lovely brown tones.

Both of the flower images for Initial F are lovely ; #1 is my favourite because of the deep colours of the individual bloom but the other image works well too with the different colours and heights of the flowers. Finally, the elephants are perfect for the latest theme as they jump off the screen with the warm tones of the metal and red jewels. Neither look completely 'pin sharp' though, but reading your conversation with Tim hopefully you get to the bottom of the resizing issue (y)

Thank you Andrea for the very nice words, at the moment I`m trying different sizes on Flickr so hope to get on top of it.

@LC2 Hi Tim, I had a look in C1 and have set it too 1500 on the longest side and it all looks good as the last two flowers in the Fuji thread look better.

Reactions: LC2
Elephants for me too Dave.
Although I do find Egyptian artifacts fascinating,
ever since I saw Tutankhamun in Egypt many years ago, as kid.
( no he wasn't alive before some smart arse say's it :p )

Either of those two shots would have done for the theme Dave. I think I would edge towards the b&w.

Both good images but I actually prefer #2.. but then I am a sucker for mono shots :)
Elephants for me too Dave.
Although I do find Egyptian artifacts fascinating,
ever since I saw Tutankhamun in Egypt many years ago, as kid.
( no he wasn't alive before some smart arse say's it :p )
Either of those two shots would have done for the theme Dave. I think I would edge towards the b&w.

Thank you folks.

Hi Dave,

I'm going with the mono shot for More than one. Nice lighting that brings out the centre one.
Good shot for Music too. I like the incorporation of the reflection.

Having just read the Fuji thread it seems somewhat irrelevant to comment on a picture so I won’t bother and just wish you all the best and take care :hug:

I completely agree Dave - best to keep yourself occupied if possible. I'm sure Susie appreciates you giving her lots of attention too.

Your iris is beautiful. Is it against a black background or have you done something clever with the lighting?

Well done with capturing the hoverfly. Tricky things to photograph and he's lovely and sharp against a nice blurry background.

Back