weekly Gardenbirder's 52 for 2021

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Starting with an image of the now famous Kelpies, taken on our local walk, a 5.3m loop on New Years's Day, 2021.

Nearby 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Hi @gardenbirder ...

I've seen many pics of the Kelpies before but not with the nearby canal and pathways.

I seem to have included the nearby word, must be on theme ;)

I've seen many pics of the Kelpies before but not with the nearby canal and pathways.

lol, me too! I like the inclusion of the life going on around the subject. Looks like the horse is sniffing the clouds... Is it me or is the horizon tilting slightly up on the right?

I agree with the rest, its a nice and unusual perspective in the Kelpies.
it works well.

Agree with all the above, nice cheery image.

Looks great. Our annual Scotland photography trip was to include this at Easter but as with most things last year - cancelled :(

Agree with the rest.. nice take on the kelpies. They almost look like they've been cloned into the shot...

Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback, great start to thew New Year :) I've tried to get the horizon right on this crop :)

Kelpies 52 no tilt (1 of 1).JPG

Is it too late to reference Christmas? Some frosted berries and ice droplets reflecting the sunlight from our walk this morning. I called it 'jingle berries'.

jingle berries 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:
Yep - nice winter feel.

Lovely frosted Rose hips (?)
It works well.

Not been able to get out, for obvious reasons, so relying on a stock image this week, of the refinery at Grangemouth from a few winters back. How i miss heading out when the snow is on the hills, looking forward to getting our freedom back sometime soon!

Dirty (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:
Loads of muck being put into the sky no doubt.
Lovely wintry colours and feel to the photo, but it looks like it's not level

Pete

Nice mucky shot - would look great in mono as there's not a lot of colour there anyway.

Beautifully balanced shot, excellent composition and the colours in the sky are fab. I agree with Dave, and wonder what it would be like in mono.

Back