George's 52 for 2019 - Week 20 - Snappers Choice

Like this Georgina, nicely thought out and taken. I personally like the fact that you have captured your eye and no reflection in your glass lens

Like the depth of field of your photo. Just enough in my opinion. Good to see that the tripod is getting used.

Like this Georgina, nicely thought out and taken. I personally like the fact that you have captured your eye and no reflection in your glass lens

Thanks Chris, I have to confess there was a little glare line on my glasses :eek: Removed with the wonder of Photoshop ;)

Hi Georgina

New, I like the way you have presented the Image, the 2 sharp photos with in the slightly burred photo works very well and the background colour adds to the effect. Enjoy using your new Tripod.

Clean, looks like you have made good use of your new tripod already. Interesting point of view and very brave selfie.

Pete

Hi Georgina

New, I like the way you have presented the Image, the 2 sharp photos with in the slightly burred photo works very well and the background colour adds to the effect. Enjoy using your new Tripod.

Clean, looks like you have made good use of your new tripod already. Interesting point of view and very brave selfie.

Pete

Thanks for the comments Pete. I will and I did use my tripod :D

Week 3 - Open - Open(ing) Gate. These are the gates at one of the houses I work at, so today was the day, unfortunately it was a bit of a miserable one :( I wanted to get the effect of the gate opening but the trouble was it kept getting over exposed. I guess I needed an nd filter, so this is the best I could do, bringing it out a bit better in Lightroom. Also most annoyingly the right side of the gate opens slightly slower than the left thus making it slightly wonky looking :rolleyes::D

Open.jpg

As you say the weather did not help, but I think you did a great job Georgina as you can make out the clouds. Love the blur on the gates showing motion while they open, a very good image and I like it.

Thanks Dave :D

Very nice image Georgina!
Given the limitations you had, I'd say you have created a terrific, dynamic image!
Some good drama in the sky, and excellent motion blur in the gates!
I like the symmetry, and they're only just out of sync.
You worked very well with what was presented to you, often we don't have the luxury of perfect control over our subjects, but you have proved that you don't need to!
Ace!(y)

Fits the theme very well. You have caught the motion blur well. The sky enhances the gates well.

Hi Georgina,

I'm really liking you start to the TP 2019 52 :)

New - Thats a great shot. I especially like the inclusion of the detail areas. It looks like a professional shot that I would see in a brochure (y)

Clean - Thanks for the story behind this one. I wondered how you did it. Perfect for the theme and very creative.

Open - A great fit to the theme and perfect symmetry of the posts in the photo. I like the fact that the gates aren't equal as it kinda puts the gap on the third (ish). Great view too! Nice :)

Last edited:
Very nice image Georgina!
Given the limitations you had, I'd say you have created a terrific, dynamic image!
Some good drama in the sky, and excellent motion blur in the gates!
I like the symmetry, and they're only just out of sync.
You worked very well with what was presented to you, often we don't have the luxury of perfect control over our subjects, but you have proved that you don't need to!
Ace!(y)
Very good indeed like the motion blur, well caught.
Fits the theme very well. You have caught the motion blur well. The sky enhances the gates well.
Hi Georgina,

I'm really liking you start to the TP 2019 52 :)

New - Thats a great shot. I especially like the inclusion of the detail areas. It looks like a professional shot that I would see in a brochure (y)

Clean - Thanks for the story behind this one. I wondered how you did it. Perfect for the theme and very creative.

Open - A great fit to the theme and perfect symmetry of the posts in the photo. I like the fact that the gates aren't equal as it kinda puts the gap on the third (ish). Great view too! Nice :)
very nice love the sharpness of the main with the blur on the gates works very well.

Thanks very much everyone. I got to use my tripod again too :banana::LOL:

Looks good to me. Was a great idea and you were patient waiting to get the shot you wanted. Nice idea with the gates motion blur

That's clever :)

New - some great detail in the shots, and nice colour.
Clean - really good shot, I love the air of mystery there is in the composition.
Open - good use of slow shutter to get the gates moving.

Nice work :)

I like that, Georgina. That captures the essence of the theme and the exposure time is good too - long enough to blur the gate opening whilst still retaining enough motion and texture.
That's clever :)
New - some great detail in the shots, and nice colour.
Clean - really good shot, I love the air of mystery there is in the composition.
Open - good use of slow shutter to get the gates moving.

Nice work :)
I thought I recognised that distant view! This is a good idea for Open and I think there's just enough movement in those gates. If they were much more blurred you would start to lose the details of the bars at the top.
Hi Georgina, really like the movement of the gates.

Thank you everyone for the comments :D

Week 4 - Distant - This view was my first idea for the distant theme but with the weather being so rubbish I wasn't very hopeful. Thankfully (as I had no other idea) the sun came out today. Although it was windy and freezing you can at least see a hint of the Mountains of Mourne in County Down, Northern Ireland, which are round about 60 miles away, so I think that qualifies as distant. They are quite hazy on the horizon but as I wasn't hopeful of getting anything, it will do :D

distant by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

very nice capture lucky to get a break in the dismal weather of late.
works really well and looks great.

I agree, it's a very well taken image Georgina!
Definitely qualifies for the theme.
The sun breaking through the clouds top left really lifts the image.
I love the waves in the foreground, and there's enough detail in the distant mountains too!
Excellent work!(y)

I really like the detail and colour you have captured in the sky, it just adds to the feel and gives depth for the theme. Had you not mentioned the mountains, I doubt my tired eyes would have seen them, the image works just as well without them :)

The best skies are usually after a change in weather, when it stops raining is often the best time for photography. I really like the colours in the sky and the faint outline of mountains on the horizon

Back