Greengo's 52 in 2015 -Noise Added

Hi Colin. Like the natural spiral best - nicely lit on the shell; I'd maybe crop the shadowed area out though. Nice spot of the traffic sign - a good fun response to the theme.

I like the shell spiral most as I think the angle of the sign detracts a bit from the subject. No faulting the shell though :clap:

Silhouette has potential. Looks like he's facing the camera and having his facing away, pondering might have worked better. I'd like it closer and lower to get more of a silhouette.

Cheers.

A lot more interesting than my poor effort Colin but I think it could do with more of a silhouette - a lot of the figure is lost in the dark bg of the beach.

Hi Colin. That is a very nice shot for Animal - like the soft reflection and the self-admiring look.:clap:

Hi Colin, and welcome :)

Spiral - it's the shell for me, it's a good fit for the theme and the focus is in the right place, though as others have said I think a tighter crop would make it more prominent
Silhouette - I like this, but I'd be tempted to crop a bit closer on the lhs
Animal - aww she is cute, I love it that's she's looking at her own reflection
(y)

animal - aww what a cutie, and gazing at its reflection too :clap:

Hi Colin,

#1 is a really nice composition ... if I was picky I would wish the rim of the bowl (bottom quadrant) to be better defined and not lost in the whiteness
#2 is quite nice with it's graduated loss of definition
#3 too much of it is oof for my taste.

Hi Colin, Medicine #2:
I like this idea, there's something about blister packs that I find compelling. I think that a tad more depth of field showing better detail inside the capsules would have made this even better and while I hate to be negative there's quite a bit of chromatic aberration on the bottom edge of the packaging. The see through white on white with a fade to white out bg really suits the whole pharmacy thing, I can never seem to get this right when I try so hats off to you.

Cheers,

B. :cow:

Hi Colin ... some good ideas for Medicine. (y) but ...

#1 looks OOF to me. #2 I don't know how that can be improved upon. #3 focuses on a capsule somewhere in the middle of the pot, not sure that's the best focal point, plus I think the DOF is too shallow. Creative ideas nevertheless.

I like this, different from Internet photos with a watch wrapped around a wad of money.

I like how you used the copper coin for the dot of the I.

There is some over exposure with the light reflecting on some of the coins and it's a tad dark on the left. But I still like the concept.

Hi Colin. Not sure of #1 but #2 is great - love the old creamy-coloured manuscript and what you've done with the focus.

Hi, Colin #1 has potential, but looks a little rushed, which I guess it was.

#2 is more to my liking and good shallow DOF. WB looks a little off.

Cheers.

Hi Carl, #2 is a much better picture - Bang on topic, nicely focussed and I also like the POV that you have chosen.
I assume that the colour cast deliberate to make the paper look old?

B.

Hey Colin - welcome back mate (y)

Already behind with yours... so trying to multi-quote and comment on photo posts only to catch up, only to find you don't host them off site, so I have to open two tabs and flick between the two Grrrrrrrrrr :bat: :LOL:

Spiral - For me it's the signpost, a lovely acute angle, although the snail shot I like, I'd have cropped it more to take out the dark patch and by that knocking out of dead centre frame, good focus on it and well lit anyway :)

Silhouette - Apart from the sea sloping down hill I like this one, the figure is well silhouetted, there is a nice glimpse of light reflecting off the head, and the sun rays and lens flare add a real nice element to me :)

Animal - Awwweeee bless :D really like the reflection on this one, it appears to me looking down at itself, nice image :)

Medicine - 3 Great images - liking each for their own reasons, the first I like the overhead PoV, the second I like the simplicity of the shot and the way the tablets fade into the distance, but the third is the winnwer for me, similar to the second but with much more interest, nice low angle again, nice high key image but the colour of the pot and lid make this shot for me, nice one (y)

Proverb - Well... theme wise dead on and a good idea, but sorry technically it's all over the shop, my OCD wants it straightened, the coins heads aligned, the lighting more even and the blacks upped to remove some of the background wrinkles, don't get me wrong, love the idea still and the touches like the copper coin are good :)

The second one works much better for me, the focus is just right and I'm liking the sepia type colour of an old looking book :)

Guys thanks so much for all your comments. I know I dont comment all the time but I will make an effort to duck into your efforts and return the favour... DK I must start hosting them in my Flickr account. Some of them are there already. Just need to update the latest ones...
Is there a 2015 Flickr group set up ? I was still adding them to the 2014 before I realised...

New Week... New Theme... this week was PALE... After much deliberation I was thinking about pale faces etc until my Aunt gave me some duck eggs... Now I know some duck eggs are blue but you can get white or PALE ones... fortunately when I received them I knew exactly what I would do before eating them :naughty:

So I decided to compare them against ordinary hen eggs to show the PALEness of them hehe...
One criticism I would make for myself would be the central image taken and one of the hen eggs shows the sell by date on it...
Hope you like them...

View attachment 42210

View attachment 42211

Hi, #2 for me, by a long way.I like the composition and perspective. I'd prefer the front egg wasn't there as it abstracts the pale egg.

Lovely light and nice tones.

Cheers.

I also prefer #2, the warmth adds to the "I'm in the kitchen" feel. The front egg is a negative point, as is the mark on the front of the dish that could be cloned out... I like how the dish and the pale egg go together end the brown eggs go with the worktop. Well lit.

B :cow:

Aw I was off on holiday... And dont want to fall behind...

Heres my take on "TEAR" first of all... I liked everyone elses so wanted to be different... tear along the dotted line came to mind so a mad frantic search around the house produced the only packet with tear on it... focused on the word to make my attempt more appealing...

View attachment 43432

I had a pic in mind for words when I visited a beach last week... Words was strange... how do you photograph words and make it interesting... anyway this was my first shot... words of caution I suppose before entering the beach...
View attachment 43433

And then these words just popped out at me in the funfair nearby... speak for themselves really...
View attachment 43434

Hi Colin. Tear: An original concept and well taken - good Dof to highlight the primary subject.
Word: Well, it just has to be #2 - great find, lovely colours and a tad of a zany image all make it very interesting.

Seem to be playing catch up a lot lately so getting my Religion/Religious attempt in early this week as well as adding "Support" from last week...
My first pic for suuport was inspired by my father in law using his walking stick for SUPPORT whilst walking...

View attachment 44038

Religion/Religious was fairly straight forward... A set of rosary beads and praying hands...
View attachment 44042

Hi Colin :)

Seem tyo be a few behind, so quick catch up...

Pale - Both real good images these, super detail on the first shot, but as others I am much preferring the second shot, real nice composition and well lit :)

Tear - As said by yourself a very original idea from the others... works well, nice shallow DoF sure helps :)

Words 1 - Hmmmm nothing for me to like, all on the wonk, under exposed and clipped i'm afraid...

Words 2 - That's better, a bit more interest, I think you could pull a bit more punch out of the colours in this one, it would work really well :)

Support - Perfect for the theme, liking the crop and good focus on the hand too :)

Religion - Now then what's not to like on this, great DoF again, good crop and really liking the background, nice one (y)

Hi Colin. Another two good shots.
Support: Like the dependency for support displayed in the pressure being applied by the hand on stick.
Religion: Great image, well composed with the rosary entwined around the hand, super focus & DoF. All good and only slightly distracted by the black wedge-shaped bg at the top of the frame.

Back