Gritty 52 Challenge For 2020.

Hi Heather,

You've made an excellent start to your 52 project.
I really like the mood and character in your local shot. the mono treatment really suits the building style.
Pleasure is an excellent image too. Great timing and perfect shutter speed to capture the moment.
Tool is a very nice shot too. I love the angle and the fact that they are in the box but there are a couple left randomly in the background. Very nice (y)

Hi Heather

You've composed your image for Tools nice I really like the diagonals, you've handled the highlights and reflections well to, the B&W conversion suit the image.

pleasure - to be honest, I quite like your photo with your processing!

tool - great photo, well composed, looks quite abstract!

A good use of diagonals and nicely processed. I would have cropped in a bit tighter to lose the distracting one on the top left. That's just me though - I either crop in a bit too tight or not enough!

Week 3 - Discarded
Today I headed down to the beach and found all these pots "Discarded" at the back of the fisheries buildings.

Discarded.jpg

Linky :D

Discarded is a great shot, loving the low angle you took it at. The little bit of cloud helps make it plus in B&W too good job.
I am just trying to add the Linky… and I am currently swearing! have right clicked got the link box up on the main thread pasted into the URL, LINKY has appeared in the text box have clicked insert and nothing happened. have also tried it your way and again cant seem to get it to work.... Grrrrr,*******

Right click on the Number your image is, click copy link address go to main thread WRITE LINKY.. Then click on the chain link that looks like wonky glasses in the URL paste, but Remember to Highlight the word LINKY in main thread and post (y)

I have done that step-by-step and it is not copying picture over it has just posted the word linky in the reply box

I have done that step-by-step and it is not copying picture over it has just posted the word linky in the reply box

You got the LINKY right, now go back to it and click at the end of LINKY after the Y hit your Enter button a couple of times then click Attach files and upload then click Full Size and post.

PS: you have to put your photo in TWICE, once in here and once after the word LINKY.

Last edited:
You got the LINKY right, now go back to it and click at the end of LINKY after the Y hit your Enter button a couple of times then click Attach files and upload then click Full Size and post.

PS: you have to put your photo in TWICE, once in here and once after the word LINKY.

I am not blonde... believe it or not... sorted now. Thank you for your patience really appreciate your help, I thought it automatically uploaded the picture.

No need to wait until next week, Heather, you can edit your own thread.

But for this week your friendly neighborhood snake has done it for you (y)

Cheers Cobra, eventually got it right tonight with help from Dave70D. Hopefully you won’t have to be picking up my pieces again ;-).

Looking good, the composition works well, the highlights are well handled and the black & white conversion has a good range of tones.

Thanks Nostromo, I really appreciate you feedback... I’ve got a whole load of learning to do with regards to editing. ;-)

Hi Heather,

You've made an excellent start to your 52 project.
I really like the mood and character in your local shot. the mono treatment really suits the building style.
Pleasure is an excellent image too. Great timing and perfect shutter speed to capture the moment.
Tool is a very nice shot too. I love the angle and the fact that they are in the box but there are a couple left randomly in the background. Very nice (y)

Hi Leebert, thank you for your feedback.. 1st year at this so all C&C greatfully received. :)

My first visit here and you have post some great shots so far. You've done well in this week's shot to balance the highlights and the shadows within the dynamic range.

Cheers rpn, my first year on here so all Feedback gratefully received. :)

Sterling work. Bang on theme and the b/w treatment suits this shot.

Cheers BobBCN, I was happy with this shot glad you liked it.

Hi Heather

You've composed your image for Tools nice I really like the diagonals, you've handled the highlights and reflections well to, the B&W conversion suit the image.

Thank you for your feedback. I really do appreciate it as this is all new to me so good to get others take on my efforts :)

Good shot. Nice mono image and the dust really adds texture.

Thankyou HelenC, not often I get a buzz about seeing dust on something ;-)

pleasure - to be honest, I quite like your photo with your processing!

tool - great photo, well composed, looks quite abstract!

Thankyou for your honesty brrnd, my first year doing anything like this so good to get folks feedback

A good use of diagonals and nicely processed. I would have cropped in a bit tighter to lose the distracting one on the top left. That's just me though - I either crop in a bit too tight or not enough!

Thankyou Cloudforest, to crop or not to crop that is the question ;-), not sure I am ever going to get the answer right :)

Hi Heather, that's a great choice of subject for this theme and I really like the diagonals. You have controlled the reflections and highlights well, and B&W brings out the textures and details (y)

Thanks Manxmaid, the diagonals did it for me it took me ages trying to get my composition just right. Happy with my efforts.

Nice B&W processing Heather, that works nicely.
I dunno... All these togs with the seaside at their doorstep...

Thanks Tim, I took quite a lot of photos for this theme and it was my better half who said to post this one.
I moved from the M25 area down onto the coast 3 years ago and don’t regret the move apart from when the seagulls are cracking the shellfish on my dorma roof at 5 in the morning. ;-)

Hopefully you won’t have to be picking up my pieces again ;-).
That's what I'm here for :D
I'm glad you are sorted (y)

Nice shot for Discarded and I like the b&w conversion

Nice pov with the shingle. Right on theme and lovely b&w conversion.

Great PoV, composition and processing. Nothing to criticise!

Great image, everything has been said above but I really do like the POV.

Back