Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

I disagree with Dave, I LIKE the purple flowers as it helps add tot he summery vibe.
Nice shot that.

Very nice photo, makes me want to get a G&T... I like the OOF bit of garden (including the purple flowers).

I like the touch of purple too, theres a bit of blow out on the lemon skin but given the very bright sun the last couple of days and the subject matter its a minor point, it does look very tempting which I am sure was the point

I disagree with Dave, I LIKE the purple flowers as it helps add tot he summery vibe.
Nice shot that.

Very nice photo, makes me want to get a G&T... I like the OOF bit of garden (including the purple flowers).

I like the touch of purple too, theres a bit of blow out on the lemon skin but given the very bright sun the last couple of days and the subject matter its a minor point, it does look very tempting which I am sure was the point

Thanks all, glad you liked the purple. For once (for me a least) it was SOOC apart from a bit of cropping so I could probably tame the highlight on the lemon.

Progress - Interesting to read different peoples interpretation of the picture. For me I picked up the mobility part straight away but not the rest that others have commented on, although that may be part of trying to comment on lots of images and so not having time to really sit and think about individual shots more.
Pleasure - That looks great on a hot day! Maybe the highlights on the bottom of the glass/ice are a little bright but not a major distraction. I also like the purple flowers in the back ground.

Progress - Interesting to read different peoples interpretation of the picture. For me I picked up the mobility part straight away but not the rest that others have commented on, although that may be part of trying to comment on lots of images and so not having time to really sit and think about individual shots more.
Pleasure - That looks great on a hot day! Maybe the highlights on the bottom of the glass/ice are a little bright but not a major distraction. I also like the purple flowers in the back ground.
Thanks Steve, as you say we just don't have the time with many of these photos and it's not like i ever really thought it was some great work of art. Pleaseure was SOOC exposure-wise and I thought it close enough to not want to mess with it

Pleasure, sent a chill down my spine....looks soooooo refreshing.

I care not about the pink bit. Lovely light and nice detail...and ssooooo coolllddd :)

Cheers.

Pleasure, sent a chill down my spine....looks soooooo refreshing.

I care not about the pink bit. Lovely light and nice detail...and ssooooo coolllddd :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy, waiting for the glass to cool down and form some condensation was rather trying, it nearly got drunk before the shot was taken :beer:

Hi Chris.
Similar concept to my shot, but yours is perhaps brighter with a less distracting background.
Nice one.
as G&T shots go .... this is good.
Thanks both, every time I think about this shot I am tempted to have another :beer:

Hi Chris, having a catch up day:) I like all the minimalistic shots but would pick the 1st as the favourite, I like this type of picture with the blur and this is a good one:) Not sure about the garage shot, its an interesting picture with lots of details but think it's a bit deep for me too :D and not my drink but love the big slice of lemon and the BG including the purple flowers, it's a great summer shot:D

Hi Chris, having a catch up day:) I like all the minimalistic shots but would pick the 1st as the favourite, I like this type of picture with the blur and this is a good one:) Not sure about the garage shot, its an interesting picture with lots of details but think it's a bit deep for me too :D and not my drink but love the big slice of lemon and the BG including the purple flowers, it's a great summer shot:D
Thanks for the catch-up.

Well I think thats the first time I have ever spotted Wally straight away, works for me

Not a shoe horn at all! Great photo, made me laugh!

Excellent! Face is a bit too easy really, so this is a really nice take ... Face v.

Good 'n sharp, well lit. :clap:

Tiny - nicely spotted for the theme, works well with the nice colourfull kite. Did he have another one above it?
Face - very nice. I particularly like the expression on her face! I'm trying to get more into lighting so would love to know how this was lit and if it was shot against a black background.

Excellent! Face is a bit too easy really, so this is a really nice take ... Face v.

Good 'n sharp, well lit. :clap:
Thanks David

Tiny - nicely spotted for the theme, works well with the nice colourfull kite. Did he have another one above it?
Face - very nice. I particularly like the expression on her face! I'm trying to get more into lighting so would love to know how this was lit and if it was shot against a black background.
He had a quite a large "proper" kite above it to hold it up, I thought about cloning out the string above but...

There is nothing clever about the lighting in face. We have a conservatory on the back of the kitchen, we were stood just in the kitchen being lit by the early evening light from the conservatory - which is a bit like a really big softbox. There is a black cloth (which wasn’t really big enough) a few feet behind us, a bit of cropping and cloning sorted out the edges. She is trying not to laugh. My original plan was for a stare-off kind of look but every time I got close for the shot she started laughing.

Thanks David

He had a quite a large "proper" kite above it to hold it up, I thought about cloning out the string above but...

There is nothing clever about the lighting in face. We have a conservatory on the back of the kitchen, we were stood just in the kitchen being lit by the early evening light from the conservatory - which is a bit like a really big softbox. There is a black cloth (which wasn’t really big enough) a few feet behind us, a bit of cropping and cloning sorted out the edges. She is trying not to laugh. My original plan was for a stare-off kind of look but every time I got close for the shot she started laughing.

Thanks for the info, I thought it might be natural light but wasn't sure if it was a black background or if you had used flash to underexpose it. It would have worked with you both doing a stare-off but I do like her expression as it gives it a sense of fun.

Hi Chris, thats a very well composed picture, works very well. Great bg. There is a bit of brown showing on the rhs though.
Thanks Michael, now you mention it I can just see the poor cloning on the RHS but hardly noticeable on my monitor.

Yup, good job. I have/had a similar idea and If I can't think of something else I'll have to go for it.

Nice idea with the two of your squared up like that Chris, I can only repeat the others by saying it's well lit and a real good background, a nice idea too (y)

Yup, good job. I have/had a similar idea and If I can't think of something else I'll have to go for it.

Thanks guys.

Well spotted for tiny, that is one big kite. Just curious but was there something else above Wally? I can just see some more wires going out of the top of the picture. Like the face off too nice and sharp and stands out well on the black bg. :D

Hi Chris
I like the idea on Face, but the cropping is a bit heavy handed and makes it uneven, Id have liked to see it both of you at the same height and similar amounts of upper body. Love the background tho.
But thats just my OCD...

Back