B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Wisner 4x5 TMAX100

Exposure f45 10 seconds
(metered exposure was f45 1.5 sec. I added 2 stops to get into zone 7 plus 2/3rds stop for bellows factor
Developed for 7 sec at 19 deg which was -15%
Scanned using Epson V850 and cleaned up in PScc
My plan is to take the same picture today on 8x10 and make a contact print...........
All in all very happy with the outcome
Neil
View attachment 103366

burnt out highlights there old chap and the vase its taking too much of the shot...
if i do a b>w conversion the only elements which will take the eye of the beholder is structure and texture aided by pin sharp focus and sympathetic exposure
they arent here unfortunately...

colours dont migrate effectively into monotone and need a technique which takes a bit of time to get to grips with

chacun a son gout as they say in bromley

Last edited:
Playing around with my Batman figure ... Back lit by the Sun, but chopped the moon in ;)

Dark Knight by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Nice one Toady - perhaps he should be wearing a leather apron to complete the scene

thanks DAD..i think i will pass that on along with a copy of this to Kent Life
it wouldnt take a moment to pop it on
i did blacksmith training when i was 15...so i know how bl**dy dirty it is...when i did choose an apprenticeship i flunked the electricians exam and ended up in the bilges in ship repairs...dohhh..even dirtier
cheers and thanks
geof

Love it! Good range of expressions on the faces, determination in the lads crossing like they are competing. Grin on the girl's face and the 2 waiting to cross and looking at the traffic look like they are saying they want nothing to do with these shenanigans.

Well caught

liked the other two
i though this one could have slightly lighter...not too much..but the deep shine might have come over better
cheers
geof
Thanks Geof, I took it at night so ISO was quite high and I've no idea how to use lightroom !

Thanks Geof, I took it at night so ISO was quite high and I've no idea how to use lightroom !

i thought the odds might have been against you
i did a little edit using photoshop 2...lightening using the dodging tool...
i must admit i couldnt get it to look how i thought i said
a difficult shot i must admit
what is important is you took it!!
look forward to more of your shots
cheers
geof

like your timed shot
did you take or consider other compositions?
most of that titan crane is on the rhs...
cheers
geof
Hi Geoff

I did, but didn't want to venture too far around given I'd already passed a few 'private property' or 'keep out' type of sign. Plus there were a few of the local yoofs nearby so didn't fancy isolating myself at the crane should anything actually come to pass (slightly judgemental perhaps but you can't be too careful with over a grands worth of camera gear slung over your shoulder in Clydebank [emoji1] ).

I was going to attempt to get the sunset in also which would have been in shot had I waited long enough.

Hi Geoff

I did, but didn't want to venture too far around given I'd already passed a few 'private property' or 'keep out' type of sign. Plus there were a few of the local yoofs nearby so didn't fancy isolating myself at the crane should anything actually come to pass (slightly judgemental perhaps but you can't be too careful with over a grands worth of camera gear slung over your shoulder in Clydebank [emoji1] ).

I was going to attempt to get the sunset in also which would have been in shot had I waited long enough.

the best part of valour...and sensible
i have been in sauchiehall street late on a friday night...when the tongs were around...long time ago
but as you see i fled and survived

no mean city...eh?

Windy_Newgale_Beach-439-800-600-80.jpg

Pembroke_Castle2-427-800-600-80.jpg

Back