weekly Manc Man's 52 for 2015 - Week 9 - Close Up added.

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Well i must be mad. Attempted this in 2012 and ended up jumping ship.
For the last 2 years i have been photographing horses at various events, I feel this challenge will bring me out of my comfort zone..

Practice : Patterns
Week 1 : Bliss
Week 2 : Fragile
Week 3 : Scenic
Week 4 : Companions
Week 5 : Elegant
Week 6 : Watery
Week 7 : Bold
Week 8 : Relax
Week 9 : Vertical
Week 10 : Mouth
Week 11 : Crowd
Week 12 : Close Up
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week 18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Well i must be mad. Attempted this in 2012 and ended up jumping ship.
For the last 2 years i have been photographing horses at various events, I feel this challenge will bring me out of my comfort zone..
Judging by the topic for week 1, it will take many of us well away from our comfort zones!! Welcome back Darren

Well here we go.

Week 1 BLISS

For me Bliss is getting home safe from work and having a nice long shower.
I know after my shower it chill time with my daughter.

What would i have changed.
If i could have got down a little lower with the camera i feel it would have been a far better picture.

WEEK1 BLISS

Last edited:
A good "cheeky" picture, dare I say looking forward to seeing more from you in the coming weeks.

Haha great pic.... Real sharp focus on the bottle - lucky for us you got the dof right though![emoji23][emoji23]

:eek: :)

Should have a NSFW warning sign!

Haha great pic.... Real sharp focus on the bottle - lucky for us you got the dof right though![emoji23][emoji23]

Bliss - I like your take on the theme, if not a little bit risqué. The composition works well for me, I use that shower gel and it didn't occur to me to use it.

Thank you for taking time out to comment. I didn't see it as risque, but if it does offend people i am more than happy to remove and do a re shoot

Well done Darren. I agree with what's been said ... and I'm another one who didn't spot the Blissful word on the bottle.

Brilliant idea made me do a double take and smile :clap:

Hi
Bliss
Looking at the pic on my laptop and only bottom (no pun intended) of it was on my screen and I thought great shot of apt shower gel, nice and hazy, imagine my surprise when I scrolled up to see rest of pic :eek: never been more glad of a bit of blur!
well done for being so brave lol

Brilliant idea made me do a double take and smile :clap:

Cheers Simon, if i made you smile job done...

Hahaha, took me a second look to see what others were commenting on! Not only the word, but the background, ummm... interest ;)

Dont think your the only one that had to look twice Graham.

Hi
Bliss
Looking at the pic on my laptop and only bottom (no pun intended) of it was on my screen and I thought great shot of apt shower gel, nice and hazy, imagine my surprise when I scrolled up to see rest of pic :eek: never been more glad of a bit of blur!
well done for being so brave lol

Not as glad as me Anita.. Next time i have a crazy idea i think i will sit on it for a day or so first.

Thank you all for stopping by and commenting...

Week 2 - Fragile.

Well i wanted to use my newly purchased macro this week. So ended up making the theme fit my purpose.

I had several ideas for the theme.. Hungover, smashing and egg or glass. But i opted for a floral theme of nature. Just a small reminder how fragile nature is and something we should look after and cherish.

Cropped as per comments

Last edited:
Hi Darren,

I like it. You have chosen the focal point well and the vignette draws the eye in nicely. I would have perhaps liked to have seen a tiny bit more definition in the petals if i'm being really picky but a great first attempt with the new lens :)

Thanks,
Rob

That's a nicely composed photograph with good lighting. The surface contrasts well against the flowers.

What lens did you buy?

Cheers.

Nice start, I think to show the real fragile nature of the flowers a closer crop may have worked better, I do like the shallow DoF used.

really nice fragile shot - feel I could reach in and touch them!

Hi Darren,

I like it. You have chosen the focal point well and the vignette draws the eye in nicely. I would have perhaps liked to have seen a tiny bit more definition in the petals if i'm being really picky but a great first attempt with the new lens :)

Thanks,
Rob

Thank you Rob, found this lens very hard to use as never done macro before..

That's a nicely composed photograph with good lighting. The surface contrasts well against the flowers.

What lens did you buy?

Cheers.

Cheers Andy.. Lighting was an off camera speedlight.

Nice start, I think to show the real fragile nature of the flowers a closer crop may have worked better, I do like the shallow DoF used.

Thank you John, comments taken on board and added an edit.

really nice fragile shot - feel I could reach in and touch them!

Thank you Michalene.

Hi, bit late in joining up so playing catch up, nice image amusing and brave image for bliss, can only applaud your bravery :clap:

Fragile, i prefer the un cropped version, its difficult to light white flowers and keep some definition you have done well with these

Macro is relatively new to me too. I bought a Cosina lens for £40 last year. The optics are great and give incredibly sharp details but the AF is pretty much non existent.

Macro stacking software is quite fun too.

Back