weekly Manc Man's 52 for 2015 - Week 9 - Close Up added.

Three really great images, but I have to agree with others that the sunburst in the last shot really does it for me - super shadows in the foreground and a touch of snow on the field in the background - very scenic (y)

Don't know why but number three for me - love the shot

Cheers for looking and taking time to comment, i am stuck between 1 and 3.

Three really great images, but I have to agree with others that the sunburst in the last shot really does it for me - super shadows in the foreground and a touch of snow on the field in the background - very scenic (y)

Thank you Elaine... Thank you for taking time to look.
I am very tempted to have number 3 printed to see how it looks on the wall..

#3 for me also.

I would like to have liked #1 best but it feels a bit gloomy. I like the way the snow looks a bit like reflected highlights.

I'm also sorry for using the work like so much in those sentences! :)

Hi Darren.... 3 really nice shots to choose from for scenic! Love #3 and the shadows the sun makes but you just can't beat some romantic styled water-freezing. so #1 for me, looks all the better for some snow too. Nice one [emoji5]️

#3 for me also.

I would like to have liked #1 best but it feels a bit gloomy. I like the way the snow looks a bit like reflected highlights.

I'm also sorry for using the work like so much in those sentences! :)

Nice waterfall scene with a good use of a long exposure but like some of the others it's the light of #2 that is attracting me. A nice image indeed.

Hi Darren.... 3 really nice shots to choose from for scenic! Love #3 and the shadows the sun makes but you just can't beat some romantic styled water-freezing. so #1 for me, looks all the better for some snow too. Nice one [emoji5]️

Thanks guys...

No 3 for me Darren! Love that sunburst, fantastic shadows thrown by the fence, like the light running along span of the bridge walls, and the rays are excellent. Love the trees silhouetted against the blue sky, snow in the field behind ... All works for me!

No 1 is good too, I tad on the dull side but I don't think it's under, and as said, I think the snow is a bit over so would hit that with a brush an take a little exposure off, like the shutter speed.
Really nice shot like this a lot(y)

No 2 Great light there, coming through hitting the ferns. Like the low position of the sun, nice winter scene!

Nice set there well done

No 3 for me Darren! Love that sunburst, fantastic shadows thrown by the fence, like the light running along span of the bridge walls, and the rays are excellent. Love the trees silhouetted against the blue sky, snow in the field behind ... All works for me!

No 1 is good too, I tad on the dull side but I don't think it's under, and as said, I think the snow is a bit over so would hit that with a brush an take a little exposure off, like the shutter speed.
Really nice shot like this a lot(y)

No 2 Great light there, coming through hitting the ferns. Like the low position of the sun, nice winter scene!

Nice set there well done

Thanks for your feedback Steve... :)

Hi Darren :)

Scenic - Oooo you have made this hard, three very nice images, I do love a waterfall with milky water, and sunburst's coming through trees is also a fav of mine, so the choice is hard...
The river shot has that wonderful fallen tree trunk leading me eye up to the waterfall... the weakest shot for me is the middle one, nice sunburst but the last shot has the real nice fence and path running through the image, nice colours in all 3, so what is it going to be :thinking:

Great set... the last shot for me (y)

Last edited:
Hi Darren :)

Scenic - Oooo you have made this hard, three very nice images, I do love a waterfall with milky water, and sunburst's coming through trees is also a fav of mine, so the choice is hard...
The river shot has that wonderful fallen tree trunk leading me eye up to the waterfall... the weakest shot for me is the middle one, nice sunburst but the last shot has the real nice fence and path running through the image, nice colours in all 3, so what is it going to be :thinking:

Great set... the last shot for me (y)

Cant have it to easy for you Dean.. :)

3 for me, great starburst and shadows

Thank you Hazel

Number 1 for me Darren, nice image

Phil

Cheers Phil.

Thank you all for your comments and taking time out to make them. :)

Ah, bless. Lovely shot.

Companions - old shot or not what a wonderful moment you've captured. You can really feel the emotion from both of them. Brilliant!

Thank you Phil, much appreciated

Totally agree with Phil, you've captured the emotions well. I must admit the huge letter B is a little distracting (y)

Cheers Chris, the B was cloned out in the printed copy..

Ah, bless. Lovely shot.

Thank you Martin

Companions - I like this what a well captured moment between the horse and rider. Spot on for me even if it is a old image, I just happen to have a massive soft spot for horses.

Thank you Mandy... 90% of my photography is horses, I also have a massive soft spot for them.

My Daughter is heavily into horses so I can certainly relate to this ;)
Nice image it fits well.

I know its been noted before, but does the "B" stand for bum, so she knows which end to face when mounting?
Sorry :coat:
:D

Hi companion number one looks a little overprocessed on my iPad. I don't mind that B I find the B next to the bottom quite humorous, but I also like the second version, theprocessing is more to my liking and interaction between the lady and the horse is very nice.

Cheers.

Hi companion number one looks a little overprocessed on my iPad. I don't mind that B I find the B next to the bottom quite humorous, but I also like the second version, theprocessing is more to my liking and interaction between the lady and the horse is very nice.

Cheers.

Thank you Andy.. not sure what I did with the 1st image. 2nd image was the one I had printed.

Well caught, I prefer the second image with the letter B removed.

Cheers Stan.

Meets the theme perfectly. I prefer the first one! I happen to like well saturate damages that exude warmth - and warmth is very appropriate for an image that should display companionship. Good one Darren

Hi, can only agree with whats above fits the theme perfectly, prefer it without the B but the PP somewhere in between the two

Hi Darren .....Companions ...that really is a lovely shot ...fabulous composition.

Some excellent photos on your Flickr stream too :)

Thank you Susie. and thank you for the kind comments about Flickr.

Meets the theme perfectly. I prefer the first one! I happen to like well saturate damages that exude warmth - and warmth is very appropriate for an image that should display companionship. Good one Darren

Cheers David. I do like both, but prefer the PP in #1 but without the B

Hi, can only agree with whats above fits the theme perfectly, prefer it without the B but the PP somewhere in between the two

Thank you Allan. Roll on week 5

Super companions shot again seeing the first pic i thought that would be better with the B removed. open the thread and hey presto gone.

Us humans with or four legged companions always makes me smile (y)

Elegant

Hard one for me this week, had several ideas but got blown out of the water before I even got started.
So opted for what i consider an elegant bronze horse.
Not very happy with it, just can't put my finger on it. Think a re-shoot is on the cards....

Elegant 1
by Darren Paul Photography, on Flickr

This one is an old photo, but feel it fits the theme.

Elegant 2
by Darren Paul Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
#1 over #2 definetly for me.
The adverts/hoardings in the background attract your eyes too much in #2. I found myself wondering what ASC stood for and having to work out that it was British Association for Shooting & Conservation.

Elegant, I agree the background is a little distracting in #2
so #1 for me as well (y)

Hmmm, #1 has wonderful shadows but not too keen on the floating feel.

#2, Elegant indeed. A little better separation would be idea.

Cheers.

Back