weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

Shadow - Great idea, very well executed! Great lighting and you didn't overblow the highlights!
Beautiful - right on theme, great details
Low - Again a great idea, nice scenery, great textures in the rocks in the foreground... (y)

Low - I quite like this. seems to be in sort of bands of colour. brown with the foreground and the bottom of the boat, then grey blue with the top of the boat and the water.

Low tide is a good idea for the theme ;), perhaps a slight shame the boat wasn't more colourful but we can't always find that perfect shot.

I like this, scenic, muddy, intriguing flat bottomed boat with cute writing on the back, serious military type ID on the side.

Thanks all for the lovely comments.

Beautiful - Pretty Blossoms and the white petals stand out well against the background even the white bits nicely done
Low - Good take on the theme it's a shame the boat is nearly the same colour as the water.
Match - great choice of prop for the theme simple but effective

As you say Mandy , needs no explanation and bang on for the theme. Nicely lit:)

Bang on theme and an angle to provide interest.
:)

Beautiful - Pretty Blossoms and the white petals stand out well against the background even the white bits nicely done
Low - Good take on the theme it's a shame the boat is nearly the same colour as the water.
Match - great choice of prop for the theme simple but effective

Great prop, right on theme!

Yep .. that's good. :)

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

White match heads, not sure I've seen that before, spot on for the theme.

Match

It's on theme and I like the pink against the beige background.

Mandy

Low, nice image, but I would have tried a different veiwpoint to try and increase the seperation between the 2 boats if possible. As it is it could do with a bit more space to the left of the boat, as it is nearly central.
Match, too really nickpick, there are some marks on the surface right next to the match box, apart from that a nice image with a message.

Pete

White match heads, not sure I've seen that before, spot on for the theme.

As has been said, no explanation needed. right on theme, and not the usual match box or matches which makes it a slightly more interesting shot in my eyes.

Match

It's on theme and I like the pink against the beige background.

Mandy

Low, nice image, but I would have tried a different veiwpoint to try and increase the seperation between the 2 boats if possible. As it is it could do with a bit more space to the left of the boat, as it is nearly central.
Match, too really nickpick, there are some marks on the surface right next to the match box, apart from that a nice image with a message.

Pete

Thanks for the comments and for looking.

Not much of an introduction to this image, I feel it speaks for its self. I didnt really do anything fancy pp wise, converted to B&W and added a little vignetting and straighten.

Music/Musical

Music by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

My Image for the theme Hard was a bit of an adventure, On Saturday me and my friends went for a drive to Leeds ( I hadn't been to Leeds before ) to look at a van for my friend to use for fishing. Long story short the van didnt check out well so on the way back home, we stopped off at Chatsworth House for my first visit. Was a bit rushed sadly but I plan to go back soon to get much better photos and to take my time looking around, info on Chatsworth House can be found HERE. I spoilt myself with little treats at the gift shop and the lunch we had was lovely, I look forward to going back.

" Hard " walls and " Hard " marble statues

Hard by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Music is a good shot and like you say, not much PP needed, thought you were doing your guitar. Hard is a good shot but for me I think you could of done a better job, cropping down the roof a bit and a straighten up, nice shot though.

I was going to do something with one of the guitars, just couldn’t get out and about to execute the shot I wanted. I did try to straighten the image for hard, I would of preferred to have done a better shot. Sadly I was rushing around as one of the people with me on the day didn’t really want to be there.

Music works well Mandy. I like the way the vignetting picks up the colour in the BG.
Chatsworth looks good. Shame about the rush; hope you get to go back with more time. great place:)

Music: Nice adjustments for music have turned a mundane item into a bit of a work of art.

Hard: The statues and the filigree around the central statue really stand out and certainly draw the eye to them. Good one.

Music works well Mandy. I like the way the vignetting picks up the colour in the BG.
Chatsworth looks good. Shame about the rush; hope you get to go back with more time. great place:)

Music: Nice adjustments for music have turned a mundane item into a bit of a work of art.

Hard: The statues and the filigree around the central statue really stand out and certainly draw the eye to them. Good one.

Music; I like the music shot, very simple but very apt for the theme.

Hard; an interesting take on the theme. Looks like an interesting place to visit.

Thanks for the kind comments and for looking.

music - really like this. simple but loads of detail in the background and edges of the ipod.

hard - nice shot. good details in the stuff around the statue bits. seems a little wonky, but thats probably due to being rushed. i know straightness is the first thing to go when im in a hurry.

AC/DC could have done for hard too, it makes for a good take on music though.

Hard, it's also hard photographing things in dark stately homes and the white marble stands out well against the sandstone.

Music ... nice 'n simple, great BG.

Hard ... hmmm the perspective is a bit wonky ... and I think I'd rather see better detail by maybe zooming in on, say, the bearded bust only.o_O

Hard is anice shot but yeah - a perspective tweak would lift it.

music - great composition and processing (y)
hard - the marble stands out from the wall, but the perspective is all wrong. I don't know how much you can tweak it in post... maybe it's a better idea to focus on just a small detail?

Hi Mandy,

Music - Love the processing on that. It gives an olde worlde feel to a modern object.
I think Ride On is my favourite track from that album.

Hard - And there was me thinking that your Music image was the one for Hard ;)
As others have said, it could do with some work on the angles, but that said, it doesn't look like there was all that much light, you've done a good job capturing the detail and have the statues not just be part of the background.

Hi Mandy

Music, nice simple shot made better with thought, the processing works well.

Hard, I like the colours captured. I have never been to Chatworth but have driven past it many times. Its hard to take photos of tall rooms due to the perspective but you have done a decent job.

Pete

Hard

Looks good to me. As others have said, the white marble stands out well.

Chatsworth shot is my kind of thing, I love all that stuff.....

If you like that, then Rome abd Venice will be right up your street.....

music - really like this. simple but loads of detail in the background and edges of the ipod.

hard - nice shot. good details in the stuff around the statue bits. seems a little wonky, but thats probably due to being rushed. i know straightness is the first thing to go when im in a hurry.

AC/DC could have done for hard too, it makes for a good take on music though.

Hard, it's also hard photographing things in dark stately homes and the white marble stands out well against the sandstone.

Music ... nice 'n simple, great BG.

Hard ... hmmm the perspective is a bit wonky ... and I think I'd rather see better detail by maybe zooming in on, say, the bearded bust only.o_O

Hard is anice shot but yeah - a perspective tweak would lift it.

music - great composition and processing (y)
hard - the marble stands out from the wall, but the perspective is all wrong. I don't know how much you can tweak it in post... maybe it's a better idea to focus on just a small detail?

Hi Mandy,

Music - Love the processing on that. It gives an olde worlde feel to a modern object.
I think Ride On is my favourite track from that album.

Hard - And there was me thinking that your Music image was the one for Hard ;)
As others have said, it could do with some work on the angles, but that said, it doesn't look like there was all that much light, you've done a good job capturing the detail and have the statues not just be part of the background.

Hi Mandy

Music, nice simple shot made better with thought, the processing works well.

Hard, I like the colours captured. I have never been to Chatworth but have driven past it many times. Its hard to take photos of tall rooms due to the perspective but you have done a decent job.

Pete

Hard

Looks good to me. As others have said, the white marble stands out well.

Chatsworth shot is my kind of thing, I love all that stuff.....

If you like that, then Rome and Venice will be right up your street.....

Thanks very much for taking the time to look and comment.

I am a little bit behind again but at long last I have found time to edit and post my creatures image, which was taken at Waddesdon Manor info about the place can be found HERE . I am hoping that it fits the theme, the only thing I would like better for the image is not to have people in the BG.

"Creatures" in Waddesdon Manor Fountain

Creatures by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

It could do with a slight clockwise rotation but that said is bang on for the theme and the creatures are centre stage.

Hi Mandy, I'm catching up with your recent images and although you've called it a PABD I do like your Match image. It's colourful and simple with an undistracting background, and gets the theme over very well.
Music is much the same - clear and straightforward, and the vignette fades nicely into the background. The big high wall and statues are a good fit for Hard, and Creatures is colourful and a different take on the theme. Possibly a bit wonky but that's simple to correct :)

Hi Mandy

Creatures, On theme, but I find the colours look a tad too bright to be real.

Pete

I was going to say the colours are very 'fujifilm', but realised you shot Nikon Mandy...
Plenty of vibrancy, I like that :)
It's only the single person on the left I would have been tempted to clone out (or wait for them to move), the others are far less in your face.

A very colouful scene Mandy, it's a shame the water isn't clear. I feel it needs a straighten. For me I would liked to have a more zoomed in shot concentrating on one of the horses.

Thanks for the comments, I had thought about doing that. But when looking at the images back on the pc, this looked like the best one to me.

It could do with a slight clockwise rotation but that said is bang on for the theme and the creatures are centre stage.

Thanks for taking the time, I agree it does need a little straighten.

Yep ... a bit wonky but nice find for creatures, fab greenery and sky too. (y)

Thank you.

Hi Mandy, I'm catching up with your recent images and although you've called it a PABD I do like your Match image. It's colourful and simple with an undistracting background, and gets the theme over very well.
Music is much the same - clear and straightforward, and the vignette fades nicely into the background. The big high wall and statues are a good fit for Hard, and Creatures is colourful and a different take on the theme. Possibly a bit wonky but that's simple to correct :)

Thanks for taking the time to look at my previous images, I’m glad you like my image for match and thanks for the comments on the other images really appreciate them.

An interesting take on the theme, different and colourful. Agree with what others said about straighten and closer crop.

Hi Mandy

Creatures, On theme, but I find the colours look a tad too bright to be real.

Pete

Thanks for your comments.

I was going to say the colours are very 'fujifilm', but realised you shot Nikon Mandy...
Plenty of vibrancy, I like that :)
It's only the single person on the left I would have been tempted to clone out (or wait for them to move), the others are far less in your face.

Thanks for the comments, glad you like the vibrancy, I think I got carried away in LR.

I am now about to catch up with my 3 themes, that I was behind on. First up is Synthetic which I have to admit other than going for the obvious oil shot I wasn't sure what to do. After some research on google I came up with something I could do. Not an exciting image but simple enough its a shot of a ring I have, that has a synthetically grown gem stone in it.

" Synthetic " Gemstone

Synthetic by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

I managed to go out on my motorbike today for the first time in ages, so I was able to get my image taken for Rural, I am fairly happy with the image, nice and simple and lovely colours.

Rural

Rural by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Last but not least this is also a fairly straight forward shot, just a quick trip down to Tesco today to go and get my props, and they are edible so whats not to like.

" Bright " Sweets.

Bright by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Back