weekly Marsha's 2014 52 Week 11 added 03 Apr.

#3 for me too - beautiful photo - it must be a lot warmer in Cyprus than it is here in Spain, couldn't do bare legs here :eek:

it's both the ones of your little girl for me Marsha... although the first, shows her beautifully lost in her own little world doen't shout play as much as the wave jumping one.

as a picture, I prefer the first, of her painting away, framed nicely by the curvy branch above!

Great images for 'Play'particularly v3.

I can only echo everybody elses complements, photo 3 is a great shot. I love the colour, and the mood hits the theme perfectly :)

Hiya Missus :wave:
Back again for another year too :D
Great start to the year Marsha (y)
Line, I like the warm colour tones in your edit and whats not to like about coastlines, great minds and all that ;)

#3 & #4 for play are stand out images for me, your lovely little ones are so photogenic, the vibrant colours of their clothing and the sense of movement you've captured really make the images for me. Perfect, just perfect!

Edited just to add, pebbles, I see pebbles in there too, I'm jealous :D
If that beach is near to you, I expect to see a pebble feet photograph at some stage in your 52 haha

Last edited:
Whoa, no email updates, I've missed loads of comments! I'll be back tomorrow to catch up! Thanks everyone.

Oh and Iain that beach is pebble heaven for you. Pebbles as far as the eye can see, I've taken a photo of it just for you. I'll post it tomorrow.
As for pebble feet, how can I steal from the master!

Whoa, no email updates, I've missed loads of comments! I'll be back tomorrow to catch up! Thanks everyone.

Oh and Iain that beach is pebble heaven for you. Pebbles as far as the eye can see, I've taken a photo of it just for you. I'll post it tomorrow.
As for pebble feet, how can I steal from the master!

Go on!!
Get the wee ones involved too, I'd love to see a Cyprus version :D

it's both the ones of your little girl for me Marsha... although the first, shows her beautifully lost in her own little world doen't shout play as much as the wave jumping one.

as a picture, I prefer the first, of her painting away, framed nicely by the curvy branch above!
Thanks Graham, that branch was a huge spiky thing until I hacked it back last week, now it has other uses!!!

Great job Marsha, love number 3...the way the carefree nature of the little girl has been captured, brilliant. Shot of the week for me so far.
Many thanks indeed Chris :)

#3 for me. Well composed and action frozen. Lovely clothes in the cardigan.

Slightly tighter crop maybe.
Cheers Andy, I let her dress herself that day but I did choose the cardigan specifically!

Oooo some crackers there Marsha, a great set... has to be 3 for me too, lovely and bright, excellent frozen action, all the rest as totally different types of play, and ooooo so angelic in some of them, take after mum do they :D
Thanks DK. As for angelic you've clearly never met them or me :LOL: Jack can pull an angelic face, but they're more demonic than angelic!!!!

Ahhh heaven ;)
You must do some pebble feet Marsha, it would be rude not to haha.

I will get you started, there's an ideal foot shaped pebble just above the 'e' in your watermark :D

Play - it goes without saying almost number 3 is wonderful. The bright colours of the dress against the muted colours of the scenery. Perfect capture/feeezing of the jump before the splash.

Last edited:
HI ya

made it back to your thread again !

Your tweaked landscape for Lines is much punchier , looks like it could be a rise/set image....keep trying & twiddling sliders.....:D

Play.......those last 2 shots are total Class....should be taking pride of place on a wall or mantelpiece ,not going to crit because for me they work exactly as they are...PERFECT :clap:

Hi Marsha, I'm another who started on 2014 before finishing 2013! Just catching up on your thread:

Odd - yes, it certainly is. H&S would have a field day!
Line - a good, strong coastline there, and I like the warm tones in your edited version.
Play - what a good series. I loved the first one, then kept on scrolled and #3 jumped out at me for the beautiful light and space, and the sheer sense of fun. Knockout image!

I look forward to following your thread and hopefully seeing some more of Cyprus, which is on my 'to visit' list (y)

Hi Marsha, seem to have missed you up to now,
ODD very indeed where else would you keep your barbed wire
LINE nice light on the coastline
PLAY brilliant image of your daughter jumping and a close second for the one of your son

Hi Marsha

Play - I concur that #3 is best - good focus and comp and well caught jump without being too blurred. The others are v good, partic #1 with the comp, the dof, pov and the concentration being shown. I think that it is difficult to get your boy as well composed because of his lovely very light hair - difficult to get detail so nee the right b/g.

HI ya

made it back to your thread again !

Your tweaked landscape for Lines is much punchier , looks like it could be a rise/set image....keep trying & twiddling sliders.....:D

Play.......those last 2 shots are total Class....should be taking pride of place on a wall or mantelpiece ,not going to crit because for me they work exactly as they are...PERFECT :clap:
Many thanks Lynne, I really need to start printing my photos and getting them up on the wall!

Hi Marsha, I'm another who started on 2014 before finishing 2013! Just catching up on your thread:

Odd - yes, it certainly is. H&S would have a field day!
Line - a good, strong coastline there, and I like the warm tones in your edited version.
Play - what a good series. I loved the first one, then kept on scrolled and #3 jumped out at me for the beautiful light and space, and the sheer sense of fun. Knockout image!

I look forward to following your thread and hopefully seeing some more of Cyprus, which is on my 'to visit' list (y)
Cheers Andrea. Many apologies I don't think I made it to your thread last year, I didn't manage to do much to be honest!

Hi Marsha, seem to have missed you up to now,
ODD very indeed where else would you keep your barbed wire
LINE nice light on the coastline
PLAY brilliant image of your daughter jumping and a close second for the one of your son
Thanks Allan.

Hi Marsha

Play - I concur that #3 is best - good focus and comp and well caught jump without being too blurred. The others are v good, partic #1 with the comp, the dof, pov and the concentration being shown. I think that it is difficult to get your boy as well composed because of his lovely very light hair - difficult to get detail so nee the right b/g.

Thanks Alan, he is my little blondie!

Ok, so I was planning on following the bear and doing a macro shot. Then yesterday I took my kids for a stroll up the cliffs for a little late afternoon picnic. My hubby is a SAR crewman on the Griffin helicopter, usually he'll say if he's going to be passing the cliffs so we can go and wave. Well today was a coincidence, we were sat there minding our own business when along came Daddy for some cliff top SAR training!

This was taken with my 100mm macro lens and has only had a tiny crop, they were VERY close, we had to move back as they edged towards the cliff!

Had to get the kids in to try and show how close they were:

I tried for a wider shot with the cliffs in, but the slow shutter speed has blurred the rotors far too much so they're barely visible and the shot is slightly OOF!

There are two other on Flickr, I thought I best stop here! C&C welcome.

Last edited:
Hi Marsha, I really liked your "Play" shots. The colours in the children's clothes are simply fantastic. My favourite is the little girl on the wave - the little figure simply jumps out of the frame.
Many thanks. I did actually think about their clothing that day!

How can we compete when you've got a helicopter at your beck and call. My preference is for #1 due to the blurring of the blades (a little too much on the others). Expsoure has been nicely held as well.

I bet the kids loved the fact that daddy just dropped in to say hello.

#2, for me. Looks scarily close.

Pity there wasn't a gap between your daughter and the 'chopter.

Good use of macro to compress.

Cheers.

#1 is a great shot of the heli - impressive given it was an impromptu showing..

#2 with the kids is cool too, shows how "matter of fact" your boy is about it all, he's not even looking and still holding his pear!

#3 is pretty sharp for 1/25th, shame about the tail rotor.

Sounds like an exciting day out.

Back