weekly mdpF2's 52 2019

Hi Mark, a big welcome to the 52 hope you enjoy it. Remember the ONLY Rules are Yours.
I like the second shot for rough, nice Dof and focus on the bit of concrete.
Wet is a nice shot too, good colours and focus again.
Try and remember to link to the photos only thread, as that will bring members back here to comment :)

Ok thanks for the feedback. I was going to link them to the main thread when I've decided which to use...

Great choice for object, liking the Dof and the camera is grounded nicely plus a nice choice for the BG.
Wet, the crop makes this a better image imo, really brings it out for the viewer. Good start to your 52 Mark.

Many thanks, I think the topics have suited the type of photography I like..

That’s a super catch up Mark, welcome to the 52’s I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

The blue of those crocus is stunning, very eye catching, I think it would take a crop to really show them off as you’ve captured some very nice detail there. I like the pine cone for rough, and the one of the camera is simple but effective.

Super focus on those raindrops for wet and I like the close up, perfect for the theme.

Welcome Mark, fantastic start to your 52!:clap:
Great images indeed, and all are spot on theme.

New: The colours are super, your use of DoF has yielded some nice separation which gives the image some great impact!
Clean: I love the perspective. Great dynamic feel and super detail in the water....the textures in the stone is really nice too.
Waiting: Beautiful colours, excellent composition and spot on exposure....nicely done!
Rough: I really like both images. The grainy textures in the brickwork are phenomenal, and the mono treatment is first class!
(Is it just me, or does it look like the 'face' of the Alien?):giggle:
The pine cone image is terrific! Great macro work, the detail is excellent and the DoF is perfect.
Object: Wonderfully clean and simple image that is perfectly lit, with great shadows and super details. Love the background too...smooth!
Wet: My favourite I think....it's a great image indeed! The cropped version is improved further. The colours leap out and the droplet detail is amazing. Beautiful!

Great work Mark!(y)

That’s a super catch up Mark, welcome to the 52’s I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

The blue of those crocus is stunning, very eye catching, I think it would take a crop to really show them off as you’ve captured some very nice detail there. I like the pine cone for rough, and the one of the camera is simple but effective.

Super focus on those raindrops for wet and I like the close up, perfect for the theme.
Great catch up, I like your rough wall, and nice colours in the leaves for wet.
Welcome Mark, fantastic start to your 52!:clap:
Great images indeed, and all are spot on theme.

New: The colours are super, your use of DoF has yielded some nice separation which gives the image some great impact!
Clean: I love the perspective. Great dynamic feel and super detail in the water....the textures in the stone is really nice too.
Waiting: Beautiful colours, excellent composition and spot on exposure....nicely done!
Rough: I really like both images. The grainy textures in the brickwork are phenomenal, and the mono treatment is first class!
(Is it just me, or does it look like the 'face' of the Alien?):giggle:
The pine cone image is terrific! Great macro work, the detail is excellent and the DoF is perfect.
Object: Wonderfully clean and simple image that is perfectly lit, with great shadows and super details. Love the background too...smooth!
Wet: My favourite I think....it's a great image indeed! The cropped version is improved further. The colours leap out and the droplet detail is amazing. Beautiful!

Great work Mark!(y)

Thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated.
Mark

Brilliant catch up. Great shots to start off your 52. We're all gentle here. Just watch out for the snake :eek:

All very good shots. Rough really works with the shallow focus. Wet for the vivid colours and I really like Clean with the low viewpoint on the water :clap:

Nice job catching up, some excellent images

Great catch up, sir. Splendid shots throughout!! Welcome aboard.
Brilliant catch up. Great shots to start off your 52. We're all gentle here. Just watch out for the snake :eek:

All very good shots. Rough really works with the shallow focus. Wet for the vivid colours and I really like Clean with the low viewpoint on the water :clap:
Welcome to the challenge and you have captured some great shots. Very well done for catching up so quickly.
Nice job catching up, some excellent images

Thank you for the comments and feedback, it's been good fun thinking of the different themes. Still a few to get caught up!

You have caught up very well! Your Leica looks like it's in very good condition. I like wet and rough particularly but great start to the 52!

Here's my Week 3 photo, OPEN book, plus the B&W technique. Not sure if the DOF is too shallow or focused in the best area. I did want to try and make the picture 'atmospheric', but not sure if I succeeded.

DSC_0392_00001.jpg

Great catch up Mark! Love the wet photo, great colours and lots of detail in the droplets
You have caught up very well! Your Leica looks like it's in very good condition. I like wet and rough particularly but great start to the 52!

Many thanks for looking and for the feedback. One more week left to catch up...

Two more super images from you Mark!(y)
Open: I love this image, the B&W works really well and I like the central composition.
I think the DoF is fine, though a smidge more wouldn't hurt - I like it how it is though....I suppose if you stopped down, you'd lose that smoothness at the back of the book....that really looks nice as it is!
Cold: Lovely image, which juxtaposedly (is that a word?) fits the theme nicely! Good balance of colours and a cute moggy too!

I'm liking the Open shot. It's a tricky one re the DoF. I feel like it needs a little more in the front but that would change the background which I really like.

Love the Moggy in Cold. Clearly the best thing to do when it's cold outside. A very nice shot. I like the low viewpoint and it feels cosy to look at so works a treat IMHO.

Mark, great images for sure. All are on theme. My favourite has to be the wet leaves, nice, crisp
Two more super images from you Mark!(y)
Open: I love this image, the B&W works really well and I like the central composition.
I think the DoF is fine, though a smidge more wouldn't hurt - I like it how it is though....I suppose if you stopped down, you'd lose that smoothness at the back of the book....that really looks nice as it is!
Cold: Lovely image, which juxtaposedly (is that a word?) fits the theme nicely! Good balance of colours and a cute moggy too!
I'm liking the Open shot. It's a tricky one re the DoF. I feel like it needs a little more in the front but that would change the background which I really like.

Love the Moggy in Cold. Clearly the best thing to do when it's cold outside. A very nice shot. I like the low viewpoint and it feels cosy to look at so works a treat IMHO.
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated.
A free week now, but I have no idea as yet what to do...

OPEN - great shot and looks like an interesting read an' all.
COLD - well cats are rarely cold for long, so 'in out of the cold' suits the theme just fine.

Hi Mark, welcome aboard the 52 and what an excellent catch-up! The images are all spot on for their themes and my favourites so far are the pine cone for Rough, with those great colours and textures, the book for Open, which does have an atmospheric feel with the shallow DOF and mono processing, and the leaves for Wet, which are an amazingly fresh green and show off the water drops so well. You're off to a great start (y)

Good use of DoF to have the centre petals sharp, but the outer ones blurred. Gives it a kind of border to get you looking at the middle. Great colours too!

Fantastic, rich macro image Mark!
The colour is spectacular, and I like where you placed the focus....great use of DoF, challenging indeed at those distances even at f11.
Very nice work Mark!(y)
Hi Mark, welcome aboard the 52 and what an excellent catch-up! The images are all spot on for their themes and my favourites so far are the pine cone for Rough, with those great colours and textures, the book for Open, which does have an atmospheric feel with the shallow DOF and mono processing, and the leaves for Wet, which are an amazingly fresh green and show off the water drops so well. You're off to a great start (y)
Good use of DoF to have the centre petals sharp, but the outer ones blurred. Gives it a kind of border to get you looking at the middle. Great colours too!

Thank you for the comments, appreciated as ever. The 105 lens seems excellent, even for a beginner! I'll try focus stacking next..
Mark

Nicely lit and composed macro. It's nice to see a part of the flower rather than the whole thing so that all of the frame is filled with colour.

Loving your work so far Mark....

New - very colourful flowers and very colourful image

Clean - again, nice image. Good perspective

Rough - I love the 'woody' colour to this and the texture

Wet - nice shot with great detail to it. Nice droplets

Object - who doesn't love an old camera. Well, I do. Nicely staged

Cold - Pretty cat, and looks very comfy there.

Open - my favourite of the lot. Great black & white conversation and just love the DOF on the text

Free week - nice red flower. Lovely bit of macro. A macro lens is next on my list. Makes such a difference to a normal one

Back