weekly mdpF2's 52 2019

Hi Mark

Wide, Such a simple ye effective image, looks very natural.

Closed, Nice Image, plenty of detail in the closed bud and oof background works to highlight the bud.

Pete

Hi Mark,
Great depth for Closed. Nice and sharp too. I quite like the pink flowers in the corners as I feel it helps frame the closed bud. The one in the bottom right might benefit from being toned down a bit.

Closed: what a lovely image, really nice colour and DoF, and a great take on the theme.
Nice vibrnt colour there, the closed bud is isolated nicely. I may have cropped a bit off the rhs.
Beautiful image Mark!:clap:
Superb colours and sharp right where it needs to be, I like this a lot!
I very nearly did the same thing - but a hoverfly got in my way!!;):D
Good shot for closed Mark, nice Dof and the closed bulb is sharp too.
Hi Mark

Wide, Such a simple ye effective image, looks very natural.

Closed, Nice Image, plenty of detail in the closed bud and oof background works to highlight the bud.

Pete
Good focus and sharp. The pinks on the right-hand corners are a bit distractive. Maybe a closer crop would cut them out.
Closed
Good colours and dof.
Hi Mark,
Great depth for Closed. Nice and sharp too. I quite like the pink flowers in the corners as I feel it helps frame the closed bud. The one in the bottom right might benefit from being toned down a bit.
Many thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated.
Mark

Mark, quick catch up. Your closed shot Is really nice. I like the fact that you have included the flower as well. Great colour.

Canal-side in Brum proper Peaky Blunders backdrop !

CLOSED - nice work, great colours and bang on theme
FREE - nice B/W shot. Maybe I would have stepped forward to avoid the silly coffee shop sign!!

I recognised that canal straigt away and I've only been there once! Nice area!

I've been a few times to the canal (it's only half an hour by train from where I live) and it's either been brilliant sunshine creating very harsh shadows or full of people.
You seem to have eliminated both of those problems.

Terrific image Mark!(y)
Very well processed for mono, with good contrasts - nice light there and you managed to avoid the harsh shadows nicely too.
Love the composition, and the 'journey' the eye takes through the image right under the bridge in the background is very pleasing indeed!

Mark, quick catch up. Your closed shot Is really nice. I like the fact that you have included the flower as well. Great colour.

Canal-side in Brum proper Peaky Blunders backdrop !
I thought that was Birmingham, only been down that way once, wall to wall people and terrible light! I like the black and white conversion and point of view.
CLOSED - nice work, great colours and bang on theme
FREE - nice B/W shot. Maybe I would have stepped forward to avoid the silly coffee shop sign!!
I recognised that canal straigt away and I've only been there once! Nice area!
I've been a few times to the canal (it's only half an hour by train from where I live) and it's either been brilliant sunshine creating very harsh shadows or full of people.
You seem to have eliminated both of those problems.
Terrific image Mark!(y)
Very well processed for mono, with good contrasts - nice light there and you managed to avoid the harsh shadows nicely too.
Love the composition, and the 'journey' the eye takes through the image right under the bridge in the background is very pleasing indeed!
Thanks all for the feedback, point taken on the sign on the left!

Life
I like the portrait orientation, the buildings in the background really draw the eye up (I'm finding it hard to convey in words what I mean), it sort of stretches the photo.

Excellent capture of those compelling office buildings Mark!
I especially like the two gents shaking hands....well caught moment indeed. Puts me in mind of the cover of Pink Floyd's album 'Wish You Were Here'....only one of them isn't on fire!...thank goodness!!:giggle:
Great shot!

Hi Mark

Snappers Choice, great Image, lots of details and the view under the arch catches the eye nicely. I can see what bob means about the Ice cream sign, but if you move you would then get the real ale sign to deal with and the view under the arch might not work as well.

Life, another good image, I may have cropped out the sign on the right, a tad to remove the letter. Good timing with the gents.

Pete

Hi Mark,

That's a very nice urban shot for your Snappers Choice. Nice composition and it works very well in Mono.

Working Life is another cracker. As Gareth mentioned, my first thought was that of Pink Floyd. I may have just cropped out what looks like the start of a sign on the right hand side though.

Life
I like the portrait orientation, the buildings in the background really draw the eye up (I'm finding it hard to convey in words what I mean), it sort of stretches the photo.
Excellent capture of those compelling office buildings Mark!
I especially like the two gents shaking hands....well caught moment indeed. Puts me in mind of the cover of Pink Floyd's album 'Wish You Were Here'....only one of them isn't on fire!...thank goodness!!:giggle:
Great shot!
Well captured, as Gareth pointed out, and those buildings .....
Hi Mark

Snappers Choice, great Image, lots of details and the view under the arch catches the eye nicely. I can see what bob means about the Ice cream sign, but if you move you would then get the real ale sign to deal with and the view under the arch might not work as well.

Life, another good image, I may have cropped out the sign on the right, a tad to remove the letter. Good timing with the gents.

Pete
Brilliant shot for the theme. The vertical format with the office buildings background fit the subject perfectly too. The image reminds me of Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here album cover but without one guy on fire! :giggle:
Hi Mark,

That's a very nice urban shot for your Snappers Choice. Nice composition and it works very well in Mono.

Working Life is another cracker. As Gareth mentioned, my first thought was that of Pink Floyd. I may have just cropped out what looks like the start of a sign on the right hand side though.
Many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

Week 32 - Interior.
This is part of the interior of the unfinished Lyvedon New Bield, 1605. It was one of Sir Thomas Tresham's building projects and largely dedicated to his devout Catholic faith, which led to his involvement in the gun powder plot...

Untitled (26) a.jpg

Interior
Strange looking building. It all sort of looks out of square.

Yep - simple and effective.

Plastic
Good reflection. I would probably gone for a slightly lower pov.

Nice shot for interior. Amazing building too once I had looked it up. Great shot.
Very nice low key shot for plastic. I like the high PoV composition with the reflection.

That is not a bad shot at all, love the reflection and good focus.
Very minimalist, the reflection makes the photo for me.
Yep - simple and effective.
:agree: not much to add to that really
Very nice!(y)
I like the low key look, and the reflection is jolly decent!
Those little bright hinge details are a nice too!
Can't go wrong with the black shiny sheet!!(y)
Plastic
Good reflection. I would probably gone for a slightly lower pov.
Simple and effective. Lower viewpoint, maybe?
Nice shot for interior. Amazing building too once I had looked it up. Great shot.
Very nice low key shot for plastic. I like the high PoV composition with the reflection.

Many thanks for the feedback all

Yep - works :)

Nice shot for empty, great use of bokeh and it suits the mono processing.

Back