weekly mdpF2's 52 2019

Hi Mark,

Empty - Nice, Simple. Possibly one you could have used for Colour Pop too?
Plastic - A little on the dark side for me, but effective.
Interior - Fascinating. I too had to look that up, and with my new NT membership, I think I will be visiting.
Life - The chaps shaking hands has an almost Pink Floyd feel to it. not feeling the muted mono though. More punch for me (but ymmv).
Free Week - The BCN is a lot more salubrious than the last time I navigated a narrow boat through it. loses a bit of it's charm when you're not navigating past dead dogs / dumped shopping trolleys / stolen cars though.
Closed - Complimentary colours - check. Shallow DoF - check. Not feeling the love for it though, sorry.
Wide - I don't get the relevance to wide. I looked to see if the film was designed for those panoramic film camers, but I didn't get that impression. The colour pop works nicely though :)
Dirty - Definitely pushing the dynamic range there. Bang on for imagery for the theme.
Drink - I think the angle works, with the kettle and plate oof in the background.

Simple but effective (y)
Yep - works :)
Nice shot for empty, great use of bokeh and it suits the mono processing.
:agree: with all of the above!

Great shot Mark!
Very nice mono treatment, and the simple subject and composition work extremely well.
(y)
Works very well, and a great image.
Empty
Good black and white, also good positioning of the glass.
Hi Mark,

Empty - Nice, Simple. Possibly one you could have used for Colour Pop too?
Plastic - A little on the dark side for me, but effective.
Interior - Fascinating. I too had to look that up, and with my new NT membership, I think I will be visiting.
Life - The chaps shaking hands has an almost Pink Floyd feel to it. not feeling the muted mono though. More punch for me (but ymmv).
Free Week - The BCN is a lot more salubrious than the last time I navigated a narrow boat through it. loses a bit of it's charm when you're not navigating past dead dogs / dumped shopping trolleys / stolen cars though.
Closed - Complimentary colours - check. Shallow DoF - check. Not feeling the love for it though, sorry.
Wide - I don't get the relevance to wide. I looked to see if the film was designed for those panoramic film camers, but I didn't get that impression. The colour pop works nicely though :)
Dirty - Definitely pushing the dynamic range there. Bang on for imagery for the theme.
Drink - I think the angle works, with the kettle and plate oof in the background.
Many thanks for all the feedback, there's some good constructive points to get my teeth into!

Building
Good looking church, black and white suits the building too.

That's fab Mark!:clap:

Great subject and framing, and the processing is excellent too.
The light was working well for you on that day, and the crop is very appropriate.
Just needs a bright red door (sorry @Dave70D ;) )
My eye is drawn to whatever that is on top of the tower.
That's a fabulous building, classical church architecture. The mono conversion and the portrait format suit the scene well.
That is a great image for building, love it in mono as it really makes the shot.
Mark, the composition suits this really well. The B&W conversion works. Right on theme.
Building
Good looking church, black and white suits the building too.
Many thanks for the feedback

I really like your Soft shot (although could be a bit brighter, for my taste). Great use of bokeh and soft PP, really nicely composed too.

Not sure on the soft focus or out of focus part of this although I understand why I really don’t think it needs it, it would work in focus too

Perfect subject for the 'soft' theme, and the composition works very well.
The soft focus treatment works for me, though I do see what the others mean....it could work just as well without it, since it's a 'soft' subject.
Very nicely taken image Mark.(y)

Soft
I'd have liked too have seen a little bit of focus on one or two of the seeds. But I can see what you're going for.

I really like your Soft shot (although could be a bit brighter, for my taste). Great use of bokeh and soft PP, really nicely composed too.
Not sure on the soft focus or out of focus part of this although I understand why I really don’t think it needs it, it would work in focus too
A nice s***, but tend to agree with Allan.
What Allan said. The subject itself is the theme and with a little less contrast and clarity would be enough.
I would be tempted to try a crop without the leaf and the dark area at the bottom.
Perfect subject for the 'soft' theme, and the composition works very well.
The soft focus treatment works for me, though I do see what the others mean....it could work just as well without it, since it's a 'soft' subject.
Very nicely taken image Mark.(y)
Soft
I'd have liked too have seen a little bit of focus on one or two of the seeds. But I can see what you're going for.
Superb shot for BUILDING, and SOFT ticks all the boxes, too.
Sorry Mark, not for me this one. I would have preferred some of it in sharp focus.
Thanks again for the feedback - good constructive stuff

Old: I like both images and I think you've chosen the right one for the main page. Nicely done.

Hi Mark

The first shot has more detail and appears to be sharp while the second image is from a more interesting position and the dof kinds of helps it.

Pete

Week 38 Flower & Rule Of Thirds
Perfect timing, I just developed a roll of Ektachrome with some rose pictures from a couple of days ago. I only took them to compare different films.

Untitled (16)b.jpg

Smashing work Mark!(y)

Old: I do enjoy a nice old tractor...being as I live in Norfolk!:giggle:
Both are great, and as others have said, I think the second is the stronger image, with a very nice perspective and interesting shapes - looks terrific in mono too!
Flower: Super image! I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know much about film, but I'd say that this is a first class image, with lashings of Ekta-goodness!

Building: really like this, very well composed
Soft: clever, and appropriate subject
Old: I like both, reminds me of my granddads old Fordson up at the family farm!
Flower: good colour; nicely caught too in terms of dof

Really nice I like the muted kind of colour the film has given it

Hi Mark,
Old - I think I slightly prefer teh front 3/4 shot. I dunno though, maybe the 2nd. A very hard choice, I think both are great.
Flower - Nice shot. I'm glad you didn't force a lhs rule of thirds, as I think the greenery adds to the shot.

Smashing work Mark!(y)

Old: I do enjoy a nice old tractor...being as I live in Norfolk!:giggle:
Both are great, and as others have said, I think the second is the stronger image, with a very nice perspective and interesting shapes - looks terrific in mono too!
Flower: Super image! I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know much about film, but I'd say that this is a first class image, with lashings of Ekta-goodness!
Building: really like this, very well composed
Soft: clever, and appropriate subject
Old: I like both, reminds me of my granddads old Fordson up at the family farm!
Flower: good colour; nicely caught too in terms of dof
Really nice I like the muted kind of colour the film has given it
Hi Mark,
Old - I think I slightly prefer teh front 3/4 shot. I dunno though, maybe the 2nd. A very hard choice, I think both are great.
Flower - Nice shot. I'm glad you didn't force a lhs rule of thirds, as I think the greenery adds to the shot.
Hi Mark

Good old film colours, nice image, good details, very nice.

Pete
Many thanks for all the feedback

Week 39 - Dull sky, bight berries...
I've struggled with this theme, possibly because I take the themes too literally, so I hope this isn't too bright!

XT030137xa.jpg

What Dave said. I also like that you've managed the dof well

Back