Minx 52 for 2019

Hi Alison, I would also try to shave off that right hand side and it's a shame the sky was so bright, but the subject itself is perfect for the theme. I saw another image on your Flickr called 'open space' with an area of open land, blue sky and tree branches; it's a lovely scene and I'm wondering why you didn't use that for this theme?

Was open taken on a phone or something it seems to lack detail and sharpness.
I'm a fan of those gates and churches in general purely for the buildings.
It was but in the past it has not been an issue I think it lost something in the transfer from the phone to PC as I used a different method this time.

I find myself wanting to shave the tiny bit off the right hand side of the image though.
I have to agree with Lee about shaving (or cloning) the right of the image.
Nice shot for open. I agree with other's comments about cropping out the left-hand side.
Hi Alison, I would also try to shave off that right hand side and it's a shame the sky was so bright, but the subject itself is perfect for the theme.
I thought I had dealt with that, must have reverted with out noticing

open
by Alison White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I saw another image on your Flickr called 'open space' with an area of open land, blue sky and tree branches; it's a lovely scene and I'm wondering why you didn't use that for this theme?

I was torn between the two and decided on the Lych gate in the end

Distant
I was loosing light and these were taken of full zoom so not great quality

Heathrow Control Tower.
I did try including a plane heading off to distant lands but could not get one in focus

Distant

Wembly Stadium
Although this is not a great picture I was quite impressed with the amount of detail in the arch as the stadium is over 14 miles away

Distant

Both are very decent images Alison.
I think I agree with Dave and Bob however, it's the second image for me too.
There's something compelling about it that I just can't put my finger on.
It's a very good composition, and minor flaws notwithstanding, I think it's cool!(y)

Open is very nice great composition just a shame about the right edge of the pic tiny more crop.
Distant the control tower I am afraid does not do it for me the arch though works well on the stadium as you can still see the steel work etc.

Like Wembley for sure fits really well. Open gate is nice. We have a few local churches by me with very similar entrances. Given me an idea to go around and shoot a few. They tell a great tale of history.

I quite like the weird 60s sci-fi looking building, very unusual.

I quite like the second one - it's almost like it's throwing an angelic halo over Wembley

And as for the first one - if there's no drone in it then it's not Heathrow ;)

Agree with others No2 That is some distance away. looks better on flickr.:)

Two good images. Agree with Dave & Lee No 1 for me too. The patterns are quite intricate in places and there is also a hint of melting going on to add interest to the photo.

Hi Alison

Open, nice Image, well on theme, somethings on the righthand edge needs cropping or cloning out. Nice to see the sunlight on the church. Unfortunatly the cropped does not improve it, every thing is now to tight on the righthand edge, cloning may have been better.

Distant, looks like the leaning control tower of heathrow :)
You look like you where struggling with this one. Fits the theme well.
Wembley Stadium, that looks weird to me, how come the arch appears so huge above every thing else. It must be a very tight crop.

Cold, First one is a brilliant image, may be crop a bit of the bottom out where the cystals all merge into one. Plant one is nice, but you have not quite caught the light on all of the ice.

Pete

Really like your submission from this one. there is something magical about frost and ice crystals when they form on windows and surfaces. the second shot is nice too, but i prefer the first. This theme isn't as easy as it sounds, but i think you have a winner there.

That first's my favourite. Great patterns and a well spotted composition. I like that they appear to be growing up from the ground

Hi Alison, really like the first image. They say the best camera is the one you have with you, great capture.

Great cold capture- loving those icyles

Cold
It's the frost on the window for me. It's looks like little rivers or a woodland.

Hi Minx starting to catch up on comments

New - Great image to start your 52 off with the B&W version for me less distractions try to pull your eye from the main subject.

Clean - Great idea and take on the theme nice and simple set up I also prefer the 2nd take on it appears to be a cleaner image

Open - Nice find for the theme love the light hitting the steeple I prefer your cropped version less distractions on the right hand side.

Distant - No 2 for me love the quite minimalist feel to it, B&W conversion works well with the sky too

Cold - 2 cracking images the frost on the window is lovely some nice details it's like a picture of a woodland/landscape.

Three very nice images Alison.
Waiting: perfectly on theme and nicely composed, with great detail all the way through....the shadow from the post is nice.
Rough: both images are very good. I prefer the one you posted in the image thread....the textures are great and the pattern in the bark is interesting and curious.
The second image is a really different perspective and works well, though, I'm just wondering what it might look like with the foreground bark in focus and the background greenery out of focus....still a very nice shot.
Great work Alison!(y)

WAITING - for the bus and for friends' latest uploads etc. Everywhere you look people can't keep their faces out of their damn phones. Mind you, I do the same but only to catch up on the TP52ers!!

ROUGH - I'll go for the second just because of the angle you have chosen. For me it has more interest than a straight on shot.

Cheers

Back