weekly Nikon f1.8's 52 for this year....... and we are off - Week 7 Broken added

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
So, after failing miserably a couple of year ago, I have decided to get my butt into gear and try to finish this years.

Bit late out of the blocks but here is my first week "Local"

these are 3 of the bronze statues that reside at Littlehaven, they are part of a sculptured piece aptly named "Conversation Piece" and were created by the Spanish sculptor Juan Muñoz in 1999, each of the 22 bronze figures is approximately 1.5 metres high and weighs around a quarter of a ton.

3 stooges by Paul, on Flickr

I wouldn't want to play chess with them, not at 1/4 ton a piece !!!
Certainly an interesting subject for your first post of 2020's 52.
I'm not certain on the reason why you've focused on the back of the closest weeble, rather than on the face of the furthest (facing us), presumably an artistic choice?

I wouldn't want to play chess with them, not at 1/4 ton a piece !!!
Certainly an interesting subject for your first post of 2020's 52.
I'm not certain on the reason why you've focused on the back of the closest weeble, rather than on the face of the furthest (facing us), presumably an artistic choice?
Thanks Tim, I was actually focussing on the back of his head, the nearest one that is, to throw the background slightly out. Wish I had the Siggy f1.4 with me when I went out, that might have been a better choice for my composition, the 24-120 is f4 max.

Hi Paul, don't worry - you're not late until after this Thursday! This is an unusual and interesting subject and they stand out well against the pale and OOF background. Good luck with the rest of your 52 (y)
Thank you Andrea, was getting worried I might miss the deadline as the weather has not been nice, dragged myself out today in 40mph winds :(

Hi Paul, they are unusual. A nice start to your 52. I think I would have preferred focus on a face though.
Cheers Clive, they are a bit unusual aren't they, in the summer the kids love playing with them, or should I say around them, they won't be able to push those beasties around.

A nice start. I’m that shape after Xmas :)

The Weebles!!! so many areas of local interest down there as well Need to get back at various times throughout the year

Terrific start to the challenge Paul!(y)
Very unusual, striking subjects and very compelling.
Great composition too - I like that you chose the nearest one facing away, with the far one facing camera...really draws you in!
Nicely done.

Terrific start to the challenge Paul!(y)
Very unusual, striking subjects and very compelling.
Great composition too - I like that you chose the nearest one facing away, with the far one facing camera...really draws you in!
Nicely done.
Thanks Gareth, might have another look at some of the others tomorrow if I take the dog for a walk, problem is he tends to bark at them a lot as he is not too sure what they are exactly.

Interesting subjects, nicely shot, well done :)

Good start to your 52 Paul they certainly look interesting subjects.

Thanks Dave
never thought of them being associated with Doctor Who, but having looked, yeah you are right, they could be :)

They look like Weebles (for those of us that are old enough to remember them).
It's a good little composition.

Thanks Dave
TBH I have just found the taste for it after all these years, I think the widget in the cans nowadays make it much more pleasurable ;)

Definitely bang on theme.
Nicely lit without being OTT in that department also.

Nicely lit, well put together allowing the condensation to add the droplets (and no finger marks) and certainly works for the theme.
Only think I would point out is that it needs about 1- 1.5' rotation counterclockwise (judging from th eright hand side of the can / the work surface).

Nicely lit, well put together allowing the condensation to add the droplets (and no finger marks) and certainly works for the theme.
Only think I would point out is that it needs about 1- 1.5' rotation counterclockwise (judging from th eright hand side of the can / the work surface).
Thanks for pointing the skew out Tim, now corrected :)

Reactions: LC2
Great shot Paul!(y)
There must have been a temptation to show the glass full, with that 'characteristic', (perhaps clichéd?) white head at the top!
Glad you went with having drank some...certainly shows you've enjoyed it, and thus fits the pleasure theme perfectly!
The condensation on both the glass and the can is spot on...the excellent lighting brings out some very nice details!

Don't drink it myself, but i like that it appears someone has been enjoying it, and I like the condensation on the glass and can.

Nice shot, like the condensation, well lit and certainly a pleasure!

Nicely set up the glass and can stand out from the BG nicely lit and on theme.

local interest - great sculptures! I like the composition, but maybe you could have it cropped a tad wider on the right hand side?

pleasure - good light, I like the condensation droplets on the can and the glass. But I hate Guinness :)

Back