weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Lol - the link to theme is "I let go of the crowbar and it fell DOWN to the ground...."

51DoH9Q3YYL._SX386_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Hi Andy ....sorry but I'm not sure what to make of this one .....It all seems a bit bright, you know I love your minimal shots and I feel this would look great de saturated (if that's the right word). But it is very unique for the theme and everyone likes it so what do I know :oops: :$

Hi Andy - don't listen to them. All the petals are Down and for a bloom so past it's peak, you have made it into an attractive image. Vibrantly colourful and detailed. :clap:

Hi Andy ....sorry but I'm not sure what to make of this one .....It all seems a bit bright, you know I love your minimal shots and I feel this would look great de saturated (if that's the right word). But it is very unique for the theme and everyone likes it so what do I know :oops: :$

You know as much as everyone Susie (y) it'd be a boring place if we all liked every submission :) I actually did desaturate it a little and a lyle more of the flower head and preferred it so you feedback (and @Brian_of_Bozeat) was well received by me.

Hi Andy - don't listen to them. All the petals are Down and for a bloom so past it's peak, you have made it into an attractive image. Vibrantly colourful and detailed. :clap:

Cheers, I can see where folk are coming from with the connection, but I always try to think laterally....sometimes I fails, sometimes I don't :)

Ohkayyyyyyy.
I didn't get that until you explained it.
I thought it was a very effective, vibrant image but didn't understand the relevance.

Cheers and no problems for not getting the connection.

A lovely bright down shot Andy, glad it was what I thought it was when I first saw it, I'd never had guessed as Brian did, that's way past my knowledge, the only cutting out I know is with scissors :D

Cheers, Dean, @Brian_of_Bozeat is a clever chap :)

Cheers all.

Not week 50:runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

A few more epic fails this week but doesn't worry me. I continue to try different interpretations and if I fail, meh :)

Anyways, not such an inspired submission this week but aligning the beads was not easy after a long day at work. 5 shots stacked, but missed focus on one so more practice needed.

Cheers, and is it really week 50 :)

Week 50 organised by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Hey Andy that's truly excellent. Not just great colour on a clean BG but Organisation in motion. :clap:

Very colourful and organised Andy (y)

Cute colours, Andy, and your picture is really a feast for the OCDs :clap:

Hey Andy that's truly excellent. Not just great colour on a clean BG but Organisation in motion. :clap:

Agreed, that's pretty neat and organised. Colours are really great :)
And yeah it really is week 50, so in 2 weeks time we'll have 2 subject (wk52 & wk0) to cope with. Oh Hell !

Very colourful and organised Andy (y)

You must have some patience to do that Andy, I like the tweezers they really add that extra bit of interest.....perfect for the theme.

Cheers, all, to a bit of patience and I kick the bloody table a few times so had to start again :)

Wish I'd had 3 more colours to make a square.

Anyway, onto week 51 shortly :woot:

Very organised Andy ...... and colourful too. Thought my nails were a challenge but this set-up beats it hands Down. Like that all the beads are nicely defined and the BG clean and uncluttered. :clap:

Hi Andy,

Down - Nice bright shot with plenty of detail. I like your thought process too (y)
Organised - clever shot. Liking the shallow DoF to bring the attention to the bit being 'organised'. Bright colours although some of the detail seems to be lost in the yellow ones but that could be my monitor?

My daughter had a spell of being really keen on those beads, takes me back a few years. Well captured, I've yet to try a focus stack but you have inspired me to give it a go.

Well done for getting those beads sorted and organised, colourful too. Trying to figure out the out-of-focus shot, is it the red/pinky one?

Yeah, I missed focus on one of the pink on yellow. Cheers

Oh yes... like that Andy, now did you have to clone any back into place :D

Nope....but I left one in that I had to clone out :banghead:

Very organised Andy ...... and colourful too. Thought my nails were a challenge but this set-up beats it hands Down. Like that all the beads are nicely defined and the BG clean and uncluttered. :clap:

I'd say we were even on the setting up spect :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

Down - Nice bright shot with plenty of detail. I like your thought process too (y)
Organised - clever shot. Liking the shallow DoF to bring the attention to the bit being 'organised'. Bright colours although some of the detail seems to be lost in the yellow ones but that could be my monitor?

Cheers, Lee, well spotted on the yellow ones, they are a little bright and as a consequence seem to have lost some of their detail

My daughter had a spell of being really keen on those beads, takes me back a few years. Well captured, I've yet to try a focus stack but you have inspired me to give it a go.

Cheers, Isabelle had hundreds of them a year or so back...we keep finding them all over the place :)

Cheers all.

Well, week 51 :)

I'd say 80% of my submissions are from me sitting and thinking about the themes and 20% are serendipitous. This was one of the later.

I went on a meet with @Mardybum to photograph a murmuration. After which we went to a tunnel that has been used for graffiti (allowed by the local council :)). As soon as I saw these guys and gal in the tunnel and knew I had my Living. They were all just living in the moment. Very focused and determined. I asked one of the guys if I could take some photographs and he said "yeah, as long as you don't get my face in it", far enough, I thought.

The lighting was a bit harsh but here's the edited and SOOC.

I quite like the SOOC, mainly because of the dark areas outside the tunnel and the UFO on the Left hand side. I used a 2.5 second exposure to get some motion blur. Also, managed to catch one of the guys leaning against the wall.

Anyways, quite a few days until week 52 and I'm off all week so more may follow.

Cheers all.

Week 51 LIVING 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 51 LIVING SOOC by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy. That was quite a "find" - would love to try something like that. Yes, I too prefer #2 for exactly the reasons you give - UFO and dark area - it seems somehow to flow and draw the eye better and it has more movement trails too. Really good gritty image of urban life. (Have a look at the typo in the line about the guy leaning against the wall). :clap:

Hi Andy. That was quite a "find" - would love to try something like that. Yes, I too prefer #2 for exactly the reasons you give - UFO and dark area - it seems somehow to flow and draw the eye better and it has more movement trails too. Really good gritty image of urban life. (Have a look at the typo in the line about the guy leaning against the wall). :clap:

Cheers, this is only the second time I've asked someone if I could take their photograph, first one told me no :)

Well spotted on the typo :)

Cheers.

Cheers, this is only the second time I've asked someone if I could take their photograph, first one told me no :) Well spotted on the typo :)Cheers.
I'm always hesitant to ask because of the possibility of rejection - makes you even more reluctant next time round so hats off to you for overcoming that.

I really like them both Andy and wouldn't like to pick one over the other, very good photos and a really good interpretation of the topic

TBH its a tough call on which is the better of the 2, they both have their merits Andy (y)

Hi Andy, I think number 2 for me if you crop a little off the top, you have done well with the harsh lighting it fits with the bleak urban subject

I do really like the motion blur, spot on :clap:

I really like them both Andy and wouldn't like to pick one over the other, very good photos and a really good interpretation of the topic

I'm with Carl (and you) on this Andy, the SooC shot is my favourite, due to the framing and pure grittiness of the shot.

TBH its a tough call on which is the better of the 2, they both have their merits Andy (y)

I agree with Chris, though I do prefer number 1 though, I prefer it without the dark area.

Hi Andy, I think number 2 for me if you crop a little off the top, you have done well with the harsh lighting it fits with the bleak urban subject

I do really like the motion blur, spot on :clap:

Hi Andy ...I love the thinking 'living in the moment' a great take on the theme, and a smasher of of a shot that suits it perfectly, I think I prefer #1 but I do really like #2 o_O I guess I really like them both :)

Cheers, guys and gals.

Great place for some gritty portraits:)

Cheers.

Oooo I really like that Andy, not sure which I prefer, going to have to say the edit as the artists are more visible, nice colours, and I really like the motion blur... and well done mate in asking for permission, I did the same with the buskers yesterday, works well (y)

Nice one Andy :clap:, like your quick thinking you must have the theme embedded in your brain all the time. :) Can't decide which one I prefer the first with all the extra work put into it or the SOOC version just shows the raw as-shot image.

Oooo I really like that Andy, not sure which I prefer, going to have to say the edit as the artists are more visible, nice colours, and I really like the motion blur... and well done mate in asking for permission, I did the same with the buskers yesterday, works well (y)

Thanks, all. I prefer the SOOC as well.

Well, my camera is set up doing an all day time-lapse of our living room :geek: so here's an iPhone submission.

This is Christmas for me, yes, Isabelle is in there somewhere and yes, one of her presents was a bag of flour :)

It's been a great TP this year and I'm looking forward to TP52 for 2016 :)

Cheers all.

Week 52. Christmas. by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back