weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

I do like urban / industrial pictures, I think this works really well for companions. I agree with some of the other comments, that they are obviously two different cranes adds to the effect.

I do like urban / industrial pictures, I think this works really well for companions. I agree with some of the other comments, that they are obviously two different cranes adds to the effect.

Cheers, Tim. My OCD wanted them to be symmetrical :)

Scenic - #1 by a country mile. In fact I have to say (sorry everyone else) this is my favourite of the week's entries for the theme by a country mile (again sorry everyone). The tree in the middle of the image breaks the rule of thirds (well horizontally anyway) but this I feel brings strength to the image. The fact the sun is rising directly behind bringing some superb tones to the sky and reflected on to snow is an absolute bonus and well done to you for getting up early and battling the conditions. The gaps between the limestone slabs allow the eye to move up into the picture towards the tree....... I could go on but I think I'm gushing too much.

Companions - I recognise these cranes from Anchorsholme. They seem to have been working down there for years. I like the idea of using the two images to almost reflect each other. Looking at the flatness of light I think you've done right to convert these.

Ppffftttt, lateral thinking ;)

Scenic - #1 by a country mile. In fact I have to say (sorry everyone else) this is my favourite of the week's entries for the theme by a country mile (again sorry everyone). The tree in the middle of the image breaks the rule of thirds (well horizontally anyway) but this I feel brings strength to the image. The fact the sun is rising directly behind bringing some superb tones to the sky and reflected on to snow is an absolute bonus and well done to you for getting up early and battling the conditions. The gaps between the limestone slabs allow the eye to move up into the picture towards the tree....... I could go on but I think I'm gushing too much.

Companions - I recognise these cranes from Anchorsholme. They seem to have been working down there for years. I like the idea of using the two images to almost reflect each other. Looking at the flatness of light I think you've done right to convert these.

Cheers, Peter, I always like constructive crit, but compliments are good as well. I've got Friday off work and am really hoping it snows again.

Thanks for the feedback (y)

Ahhhh that's how they were, was wondering that, I like the way you put the two cranes together and took the time doing it rather than cropping them in situ, there again, I can't imagine you EVER doing that (y)

I have no problems processing photographs to within an inch of their lives... It's the end product for me :)

I'm beginning to really like these cranes. :)

Now I bet your younger self never thought you'd ever say that :)

Cheers all.

Companions shot is clever and I think everything you have done in pp works spot on

Toilet humour, can't beat it, so funny :D

Lateral thinking at its best Andy, oh for a day inside your head! It'd be fantastic, full of magic:D
I a just curious as to what your official entry will be, that's a hard one to top.

Hi Andy,

Your first scenic image is fanatic! I love the texture of the foreground - what is it that's covered in snow? I love the way it leads me into the lone tree in the middle of the frame. A great selection of colours too.

I've been searching everywhere for a lone tree and still haven't found one!

Creative idea for theme 5! :)

That's another theme down the pan then :coat: Well someone was gonna say it!
Bu66er where's the time gone? now there's another theme out!
Cranes love them well shot, I really love the angles of the jibs working together. Nice contrasty shot, very gritty and industrial also all the little symmetrical shapes of the jibs construction is a nice interesting point. I also like the fact that there's items hanging on the cable make it work better IMHO.

Bog pan fantastic, I'm not gonna ask how low you were to the floor together that perspective. Bet you were flushed getting down that low:coat: I also like the reflection of the paper and stand in the pedestal. Mind I had to check it was a reflection;). Like the vignette pulls you in, nearly clipping on the very front edge of the bowl but guess it quite hard to get such a reflective white under control well done!

Nice work mate, love it!

ha ha like it!

Hahaha very funny

:) love it .

Cheers all.

Toilet humour, can't beat it, so funny :D

Lateral thinking at its best Andy, oh for a day inside your head! It'd be fantastic, full of magic:D
I a just curious as to what your official entry will be, that's a hard one to top.

@blakester

Cheers Iain, yeah, it's wonderful inside my head...some times :)

My original idea will not top this one. Might submit it, nonetheless.

Well that's different!! Nice idea!

What more can anyone say than *chuckle*.
Congrats on being the first to post Week 5.

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

Your first scenic image is fanatic! I love the texture of the foreground - what is it that's covered in snow? I love the way it leads me into the lone tree in the middle of the frame. A great selection of colours too.

I've been searching everywhere for a lone tree and still haven't found one!

Creative idea for theme 5! :)

Cheers, @Steven001 , I got a free app for my phone and every time I see a line tree I add it to the app :geek:

The snow is covering limestone. I'm not sure where you live but it's a wonderful place. Harry Potter was filmed in the same location :) Just Google limestone Malham lone tree. Here's one.

That's another theme down the pan then :coat: Well someone was gonna say it!
Bu66er where's the time gone? now there's another theme out!
Cranes love them well shot, I really love the angles of the jibs working together. Nice contrasty shot, very gritty and industrial also all the little symmetrical shapes of the jibs construction is a nice interesting point. I also like the fact that there's items hanging on the cable make it work better IMHO.

Bog pan fantastic, I'm not gonna ask how low you were to the floor together that perspective. Bet you were flushed getting down that low:coat: I also like the reflection of the paper and stand in the pedestal. Mind I had to check it was a reflection;). Like the vignette pulls you in, nearly clipping on the very front edge of the bowl but guess it quite hard to get such a reflective white under control well done!

Nice work mate, love it!

@69Bonni :chuckle:

Yeah, I just knew the cranes was the one for Companions.

Elegant, my wife and daughter saw me and just gave me the 'what the hell are you doing on the toilet floor??!!' look.

Fairly bog standard Andrew!

Cheers (y)

Cheers all.

Last edited:
Elegant, LOL my kind of image (y)

Well done Andy

Quirky idea, quirky angles, nice mag colours. (y)

Hi Andy, very good :LOL: just goes to show what putting a little thought into the themes can produce (y)

Last edited:
Oh no, no ,no.

The picture?: Interesting, fits the theme and a different aspect to the theme...

...but shiny paper as bog roll?!!! Oh no, no, no.

Oh no, no ,no.

The picture?: Interesting, fits the theme and a different aspect to the theme...

What a cracking idea mate, I'd keep that as an entry, great angle, well lit funny as hell too :D

Elegant

Love it... Talk out of the box thinking, your mind must work overtime..

Cheers all, enjoyed this one, but the magazine didn't go to waste.....:eek:

ShinySideUp said:
Oh no, no ,no.The picture?: Interesting, fits the theme and a different aspect to the theme...
@ShinySideUp
I refer the honourable member to their user name :D

Great idea. The low angle, distortion and vignette work well together.

Your elegant loo shot is genius :LOL:

My first ideas was to try and copy this one by Man Ray, but it wasn't really working so I moved onto my second idea.

Thanks again to Isabelle for being my patient (ish) model.

#1 has no border, and #2 has a slight white border (best viewed via Flickr).

I'm of to Hawarth tomorrow for a TP meet so other opportunities may present themselves.

Cheers all.

Watery by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Watery 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Back