Posiview's TP52 2016. Week 52 Celebrate added. FINISHED :)

woooo looks nice.

Banana cream sundae with extra chocolate please

Interesting texture on texture and colour ... nice sliced shadow too.

Last edited:
Really liking this Andy.

One of my other plans was to paint nine carrots gold....(Geddit?) :D
Problem was not enough carrots and no gold paint :LOL:

Well done for putting in the effort and very well captured, intriguing image

Great second shot of the gold plated banana. Nice DoF and texture. If I had to nitpick I'd criticise the unequal spacing between the banana slices.

Blimey you were not kidding when you said it :D
I thought he was joking too :D

Nice idea Andy I bet that took as long to "prepare" as mine did as well :D

Brillianty creative concept and vey nicely discharged if I may say. Looks great. Top marks Andy. :clap:

Hi Andy... I do like that second shot. Really well captured shiny gold and shallow DOF works really well. Agree with Dean's suggestion of spacing out the slices so we can see the seeds in a couple but it's a cracking image and very smartly done. Nice one!

Andy, I like the second banana image the best, good angle and must have been a pain to do that with gold leaf.

Nice work Andy love the lighting and angle of view. I can image it was a pain of a job to cover the Banana

Great idea and nice photo. Like the dof, and well done with the gold leaf. :p

Blimey you were not kidding when you said it :D

Nice detail Andy, and like that you have sliced it, although I'd loved to have seen the slices spaced out a tad more so I could see a bit more bare flesh :)

Hope you have a great time at the lakes again !!!

woooo looks nice.

Banana cream sundae with extra chocolate please

Interesting texture on texture and colour ... nice sliced shadow too.

Really liking this Andy.

One of my other plans was to paint nine carrots gold....(Geddit?) :D
Problem was not enough carrots and no gold paint :LOL:

Well done for putting in the effort and very well captured, intriguing image

Great second shot of the gold plated banana. Nice DoF and texture. If I had to nitpick I'd criticise the unequal spacing between the banana slices.

I thought he was joking too :D

Nice idea Andy I bet that took as long to "prepare" as mine did as well :D

Good evening everybody, all comments read and ruminated upon, there're several faults, the gaps between the slices been the main one, but it was fun and I think I had better throw it away now, it's looking very mouldy ;)

Nicely taken works really well, fair play to the effort you put in:)

Brillianty creative concept and vey nicely discharged if I may say. Looks great. Top marks Andy. :clap:

Hi Andy... I do like that second shot. Really well captured shiny gold and shallow DOF works really well. Agree with Dean's suggestion of spacing out the slices so we can see the seeds in a couple but it's a cracking image and very smartly done. Nice one!

Is gold leaf edible? That's a wow for the preparation there Andy.
Dunno, but I may have liked a little more DoF so that the fruit itself, in the slices, was in focus.

Sounds as if lots of work went into creating that one Andy, it is a super shiny banana, but I agree about other angles it just seems to be missing something ....sorry :(

I took at your website tonight some really stunning shots on there.

Thanks everybody as above all comments taken on board and greatly appreciated, cheers

Ooh... I hadn't spotted that - and you're right Susie, some wonderful images there Andy :clap:

Andy, I like the second banana image the best, good angle and must have been a pain to do that with gold leaf.

Nice work Andy love the lighting and angle of view. I can image it was a pain of a job to cover the Banana

Great idea and nice photo. Like the dof, and well done with the gold leaf. :p

Once again again, thanks for the comments, much appreciated and thanks for the comments on my website, it does need more work,but I've got it started.

cheers

Have to admire the work gone into it, DoF works I actually like the OOF part of the banana, strange idea but you can't argue the fact that it works

Have to admire the work gone into it, DoF works I actually like the OOF part of the banana, strange idea but you can't argue the fact that it works

Gold plating a banana...what does the 52 to to you ;) Love the idea and bg chosen sets off the bling perfectly.

Thanks, the 52 does inspire creativeness and a side order of insanity :)

Cheers.

Very original take on the theme and it really does look like a gold banana :clap:

Well I don't think I can level my current comment "du jour" at you of upping the exposure ;)

The back lighting effect - is that simply reflected from the background? It's maybe touch hot on the very top of the cones, but it works really aside from that and has done a great job of whiting out that background. The lighting works really well to fill inside the cone leaves so you can really see the definition in there. I'll be honest and say it's quite hard to tell (for me) whether you've lit from the back/top and then added fill from the front (I don't think so) or done some sort of funky cross lighting setup with the lights coming in from frame left and frame right, which gives that strong rim lighting on both sides... I'm going to go for the latter - if so well done on getting all those lights set up!

Of course, as an image it's great but putting my geeky hat back on, I find it a really interesting study in lighting too :) Well done (y)

Hi, Paul, simple set up, white card as BG on table, curtains closed. Only lighting was ambient in living room (lights off).

The cones themselves are tiny and to get the detail I photographed it with my 105mm and it's 11 photographs staked which may have effected the tips on the cones.

Cheers.

Nice find and definitely lots of detail. I guess the stacking was for depth of field? I haven't tried that yet - which program do you use for it? There seems to be a slight blur/halo on a couple of the seeds top right - would that be down to slight camera movement? Very effective though - good to know such a good effect can be achieved through simple lighting.

Nice find and definitely lots of detail. I guess the stacking was for depth of field? I haven't tried that yet - which program do you use for it? There seems to be a slight blur/halo on a couple of the seeds top right - would that be down to slight camera movement? Very effective though - good to know such a good effect can be achieved through simple lighting.

Hi, I use Photoshop. Yeah a few slight issues with stacking. DOF with the 105 even at f22 is very shallow, hence the stacking.

Cheers.

A little bit of a shoe horn (but yet, no trains!), however the shot itself is very good.
I must have a go at the stacking myself at some point, because the shots I;ve seen on here that use it are usually excellent. (y)

Bit of a shoehorn? I haven't posted mine yet :D

Nice idea Andy, and as you said, quite a rarity (y)

Nice find and nicely captured. I considered a focus stack for my offering this week but having never done one it felt like a learning curve too far at the moment, your looks really good IMHO

I've never seen a conjoined cone and heard of but never tried "stacking". Excellent Andy - you must be pleased with the result of all your efforts. :clap:

A little bit of a shoe horn (but yet, no trains!), however the shot itself is very good.
I must have a go at the stacking myself at some point, because the shots I;ve seen on here that use it are usually excellent. (y)

Bit of a shoehorn? I haven't posted mine yet :D

Nice idea Andy, and as you said, quite a rarity (y)

Nice find and nicely captured. I considered a focus stack for my offering this week but having never done one it felt like a learning curve too far at the moment, your looks really good IMHO

Artificial; cleverly done you must have some patient to do that. Love the composition and lighting too.

Personal; nice find and nice shoehorn. Can't say I've come across similar.

I wondered what it was at first mate, very odd !!! - bright lighting but still with a grounding shadow, and love the golden colour, nice find (y)

Hi Andy that was a good find for the theme. The stacking works really well, I did try it once ages ago, it certainly gives really clear detail on the pine cones.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have lit with my OCF, but didn't :)

Issued noted for future reference (y)

Is it Friday yet :banana:

Cheers.

Ah that's interesting & different (shoehorn too!). Would now like to see the best you can do without the stacking. ;)

Back