Posiview's TP52 2016. Week 52 Celebrate added. FINISHED :)

Well, I wasn't overly happy with my initial Camouflage submission so I had a go at another.

Not overly happy with these, either, TBH. Couldn't seem to get the contours right.

Maybe it's just me :)

Also, should have had a shave....

Cheers.

Week 6 Camouflage 3 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 6 Camouflage 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Both clever idea's Andy, but I much prefer the second to the first, it just seems to work better IMO anyway :)

I actually love the bg - it has so much character perhaps that it overtakes the main subject but I do like it. Ditto the dish.

Both clever idea's Andy, but I much prefer the second to the first, it just seems to work better IMO anyway :)

As above, the second image is stronger than the first, like the idea though:)

Hi Andy, well, if you want to look really camouflaged it has to be #2, the black outline around your head really defines it in #1, so I don't think it works as well for the theme. Both nicely done though.

Prefer this image for your camouflaged theme, clever idea

Cheers, yeah #1 is very poorly processed. I'm rather liking #2, though.

@susiejb , further to your comment in the 52 thread, I used a displacement map. All that happens is the contours of one image are displaced over another image. I use Gavin Hoey's video, link here give it a go :)

I actually love the bg - it has so much character perhaps that it overtakes the main subject but I do like it. Ditto the dish.

Cheers, carl.

I like the second of a 2 face images - it seems to have a lot more impact.

And I don't get the egg thing at all - please put me out of my misery...

Hi Andy, you smarty pants (aka egg head). Some great ideas and well done on all submissions.

The first lacks something in the surrounding background shot of the eggs themselves. Maybe lighting or the PoV? Nice bit of PS though :)

The full head with background is good but the obvious nature of the PS use to add the camo effect weakens it IMHO.

The final one of the closeup is perfect for me. Composition, lighting is bang on and use of PS is not obvious at all. Brilliant job which I LOVE! Only thought is to use a longer zoom for the selfie so the camera is much smaller in your eye?

Top job for a difficult theme!

I like your camouflage #2, looks quite realistic, like you really painted all that on your face. :D

Yep as all above have said 2 is the better. Cool job.

Gaz

Abandoned - I prefer the colour version, I like the gentle colours on the stones and the flower stands out better.
Camouflage - I thought the first one (with the eggs) was very clever. You did well getting the light right on your head, the shot of the eggs doesn't look quite in focus to me though. Of the other two I would agree that the close up of your eye works best.

Now I see it - teach me to look on my iPad in poor light - your reflection wasn't that easy to see!

Cheers.

Camouflage 2 for me mate, much prefer the close in shot and the lack of background, still screams camouflaged... just hoping you stay like that for the lakes :D

Cheers, I can get used to camouflage :)

Camouflage 2 for me too! Great idea and executed perfectly - good job! (y)

Nice one, thanks.

I like your camouflage #2, looks quite realistic, like you really painted all that on your face. :D

Nearly did paint my face :)

Yep as all above have said 2 is the better. Cool job.

Gaz

Cheers Gaz.

Abandoned - I prefer the colour version, I like the gentle colours on the stones and the flower stands out better.
Camouflage - I thought the first one (with the eggs) was very clever. You did well getting the light right on your head, the shot of the eggs doesn't look quite in focus to me though. Of the other two I would agree that the close up of your eye works best.

May be slightly OOF, not easy taking a photograph of the top of ones head :)

Cheers.

Love your egg camouflage shot and prefer the second face shot - all great ideas for the theme.

Hi Andy, certainly dangerous , focus as you say slightly off but forgiven, did you cut in the BG? looks a little odd in places, please don't hurt me :exit:

Ooh, love the red gi and the sword, looking very dangerous indeed. Your sword looks like its seen better days, though? :p

Hi Andy, certainly dangerous , focus as you say slightly off but forgiven, did you cut in the BG? looks a little odd in places, please don't hurt me :exit:

Cheers, Allan, once again you have a great eye for detail. Looks fine on my Mac, where are the issues? It was taken in our garage I struggled with light spilling around the garage.

Cheers.

Ooh, love the red gi and the sword, looking very dangerous indeed. Your sword looks like its seen better days, though? :p

Cheers, Sheylara (wonderful name BTW), katana has, indeed, seen better days :)

Cheers, Sheylara (wonderful name BTW), katana has, indeed, seen better days :)

Why, thank you. :) I made the name up a long time ago for a story and have been using it as my Internet/gaming name since.

Ah yes, katana. I should know better. I have a katana letter opener, lol.

Cheers, Allan, once again you have a great eye for detail. Looks fine on my Mac, where are the issues? It was taken in our garage I struggled with light spilling around the garage.

Its around your head that its slightly noticeable I think it might have something to do with the red light the edge just looks a little too sharp,
don't get me wrong its very well done shows a lot of patience, more than i have.
I was being very picky but I know you would rather it was pointed out :whistle:

Can someone remind me to only post nice thoughts in Andy's threads please ;)
The softness didn't jump out at me on the laptop / size I expect a lot of people would view the shot and if anything not being clinically sharp gives it a sense of life rather than a frozen moment in time. I like the composition and I wish I could add backgrounds half as well as you have there.

Dangerous looks good, don't mind the softness. Your gi looks cool and sword is impressive even your expression looks dangerous :) Shame about the red ear :)

Sod the Katana, the expression on your face would be say dangerous, even if you were holding a banana !

Great idea Andy (y)

Danger(ous) - I like the idea behind this theme, don't think I'd want to pick a fight with you. That big sword thing looks very sharp and scary, just a shame it's a tad oof.

Cheers, Mandy.

Can someone remind me to only post nice thoughts in Andy's threads please ;)
The softness didn't jump out at me on the laptop / size I expect a lot of people would view the shot and if anything not being clinically sharp gives it a sense of life rather than a frozen moment in time. I like the composition and I wish I could add backgrounds half as well as you have there.

Cheers, Tim, BG isn't perfect; just a mater of practicing (y)

Dangerous looks good, don't mind the softness. Your gi looks cool and sword is impressive even your expression looks dangerous :) Shame about the red ear :)

Yeah, red ear, that'll be the frost bite...blooding freezing in the garage :)

Sod the Katana, the expression on your face would be say dangerous, even if you were holding a banana !

Great idea Andy (y)

It was too cold to hold my banana :naughty:

Cheers, all.

A very striking image with that vibrant red against the black. Fabulous self-portrait - not easy with so much multi-tasking involved hah! Great for the theme.

like the danger in dangerous.... i mean.. u could strike a match from 20 paces on that stubble.... {sharp intake} ... question i have to ask is ...did you try different poses before you settled for this one?

A very striking image with that vibrant red against the black. Fabulous self-portrait - not easy with so much multi-tasking involved hah! Great for the theme.

Cheers, Carl, the red does work well against the BG :)

like the danger in dangerous.... i mean.. u could strike a match from 20 paces on that stubble.... {sharp intake} ... question i have to ask is ...did you try different poses before you settled for this one?

Cheers, just had a check and there were 104 different poses :) What I posted wasn't the one I was after. I was after a much moodier, B&W with the katana pointing downwards...but I could not get the lighting right.

Cheers.

Cheers, just had a check and there were 104 different poses :) What I posted wasn't the one I was after. I was after a much moodier, B&W with the katana pointing downwards...but I could not get the lighting right.

Cheers.

I knew it....I remember so many SPs I did where I took one...nope...took several...still nope... move lights... different poses...

Back