weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

One of my aims for this year's 52 challenge I forgot to mention in my OP is to take as many outdoor shots as the themes allow. I pass this statue every day on my way to work and thought it may just fit this week’s theme?

Just to be clear, I'm not into religions and very open and acceptance to others' point of view. Hope this doesn't upset fellow 52'ers.

The thinking behind the shot is, "If you believe in him you're on

The Path to Eternal Bliss"

Interesting interpretation of the theme! Not quite my cup of tea tbh, but a thought provoking shot taken from an interesting angle, so top marks for giving it a go. I'll look forward to more outdoor interpretations of future themes.

Interesting interpretation of the theme! Not quite my cup of tea tbh, but a thought provoking shot taken from an interesting angle, so top marks for giving it a go. I'll look forward to more outdoor interpretations of future themes.

Thanks Sara, will try my best to 'stay' outside as much as possible.

BLISS
Very interesting interpretation of the theme.

I like the angle and the crop

Bliss - a very interesting take on the them, nice sharp detail. I also like the angle on the theme nice work.

Thanks Darren and Mandy for the nice comments. I tried various angles and different formats too and I'm happy with this one.

Hi Stan

hmmmm.....interesting interpretation of the theme .......as a subject it's not moving me but like the upward POV & the jaunty angle :)

Well Done for thinking outside the box for the shot.

Interesting take on the theme and (y) for challenging yourself to get outdoor photographs.

I quite like this one. I had to think about it and almost got there before I read your narrative.

Although the red would be lost, I think this would make an interesting B&G.

Cheers.

Hi there.... I'm not particularly religious either but it's certainly a strong image. Like the sharp focus with the softer background, and the angle works well to enhance the whole religious/follower concept [emoji4]

Well Done for thinking outside the box for the shot.

Thanks Mandy for dropping by.

Interesting take on the theme and (y) for challenging yourself to get outdoor photographs.

I quite like this one. I had to think about it and almost got there before I read your narrative.

Although the red would be lost, I think this would make an interesting B&G.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, B&G??? :thinking: errr... wedding photo? :D

Black & White? That could be interesting, may give that a go later.

Hi there.... I'm not particularly religious either but it's certainly a strong image. Like the sharp focus with the softer background, and the angle works well to enhance the whole religious/follower concept [emoji4]

Thanks ferg for the feedback and glad you like the shot. That was the idea behind the low viewpoint and focus on the face and eyes.

Different ... thought provoking too.

Great POV. You were following his line of sight?

I'm in the i didn't get it camp until reading your thinking nice angle but a bit too tight on the crop for me.

Pattern - What's not to like about electricity pylons and this is a great example. The symmetry of the image and the use of a square crop is a good one. I like it.

Great Pic… I'm just not sure it fits the theme for me… but that's maybe because i'm not religious so in my head I don't make a Jesus crucified on a cross as Bliss… more like suffering or pain!

Like the angle and the eye connection… Good Work!

Mark

Hi Stan :)

Fragile - What a great image form the theme, thats a real nice colour, and the light bokeh is an excellent touch, super shot (y)

Fragile - great find for the theme, lovely and sharp and clearly emphasises how fragile the leaf is.

Hi Dean and Mandy, thanks for the kind words.

Hi, really nice colour love the BG and well focused on the leaf, very pleasant indeed (y)

Hi Stan - I can't really add anything to others' comments - a great fit for the theme and the colours are good too

Hi again! Really like what you've done with the leaf, the bokeh lights really add an extra dimension to the image.[emoji4]

Last edited:
Hi again! Really like what you've done with the leaf, the bokeh language lights really add an extra dimension to the image.[emoji4]

Thanks ferg. Glad you like the shot. The ideal behind the lights are to add a third element and different colour rather than just a leaf with background and mono colour.

really lovely shot Stan - love the bokeh and the fragility of the leaf :)

Hey Stan,

Not really anything to crit with this as far as I can see. Love your composition, and that bluey tone through the image is lovely. The transparency of the leaf is the key thing here for me that describes the theme well. The lights in the background only enhance that. Well done!

Reactions: rpn
I like the tones of Fragile, nice detail and well placed bokeh.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. (y)

Hey Stan,

Not really anything to crit with this as far as I can see. Love your composition, and that bluey tone through the image is lovely. The transparency of the leaf is the key thing here for me that describes the theme well. The lights in the background only enhance that. Well done!

Thanks Ian and glad you like the shot.

FRAGILE ... Excellent stuff Stan (y) ... the sort of thing that inspires me to get more creative.

Reactions: rpn
Hi
Bliss
interesting take on the theme. like the angle but find that my eye is drawn to the 'red' would like to see it in B/W?

Hi Stan - that's super. I love the fact your can see the bokeh through the leaf as it really emphasises how fragile and inconsequential (in terms of structure) the leaf is. Composition is spot on for me, focus is nailed and basically a darned good image! (y)

Back