weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Nice frozen water spray Stan, really like how it's lit by the sun too... good level horizon and liking the rocky foreground too (y)

Thanks Dean, luckily the foreground is shadowed by a fairly high cliff behind me with the rock/wave just out of it. For the first time ever, I managed to get the horizon spot on level in camera.

Hi, fits the theme for me. A bit of lateral thinking here. One could almost think of the sea as one big, living organism.

Horizon looks a little on the squiff, but it isn't :)

Looks a little under exposed and has a slight blue hue (which I don't mind).

LHS of the wave looks slightly blown but overall you've captured some great movement and detail in the splashing wave.

Cheers.

Great bit of movement blur Stan - shows off the power of the sea very well. Nicely themed.:clap:

Not too sure this shot fit the theme or work at all.
It works for me Stan, that's a lovely sea scape,
the spray over the rocks, you caught spot on IMO (y)

Hi, fits the theme for me. A bit of lateral thinking here. One could almost think of the sea as one big, living organism.

Horizon looks a little on the squiff, but it isn't :)

Looks a little under exposed and has a slight blue hue (which I don't mind).

LHS of the wave looks slightly blown but overall you've captured some great movement and detail in the splashing wave.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. Yes, it does look like the horizon is kind of wonky but I think it's the slight different light/dark tone of the LH/RH sky.

Never would have thought it's Week 52 already and that's another year nearly over. I still remember going out to take Week 0 Pattern shot at the beginning of the year and feels like its only a few days ago.

Well what better way to end the year on a happy note with a cheerful image. A very traditional Christmas sing song with music by my 30 months old granddaughter.

Week 52 - Christmas

Week 52 Christmas 1 by Stan, on Flickr

Nice cheerful image Stan, well done for completing the 52, a nice note to end on

Hi, lovely shot of your granddaughter, I prefer the colour one just has that little bit more of a christmassy feel to it (y)

Very nice Stan, she certainly seems to be enjoying herself (y)

The colour one for me too :)

Hi, lovely shot of your granddaughter, I prefer the colour one just has that little bit more of a christmassy feel to it (y)

Cheers Allan and thanks for the support throughout the year.

Well Stan... that is a super shot to finish with, a splendid capture, a perfect expression, and perfect DoF, Christmas tree Bokeh can't be beaten, a shot to print out and put on top of the piano there mate :clap:

Thanks Dean glad you like the shot. I may just do that.

Hi Stan, last catch up from me (for this year at least ;))

Organised, liking the context of this and I only wish my sewing box was as well organised (y)

Living is an original intepretation and I like it. Coming from a seaside village I can definitely agree that the sea has life. It both give life and takes life. And even though it was Christmas week your horizon is straight :whistle:

Christmas, it's the black and white for me. Much less distraction so I can see the enjoyment on her face (y)

Great end to the year, and, has been said above, cut and print!!

I've enjoyed following your thread this year and hope you are joining in again in 2016 (y)

Hi Stan, last catch up from me (for this year at least ;))

Organised, liking the context of this and I only wish my sewing box was as well organised (y)

Living is an original intepretation and I like it. Coming from a seaside village I can definitely agree that the sea has life. It both give life and takes life. And even though it was Christmas week your horizon is straight :whistle:

Christmas, it's the black and white for me. Much less distraction so I can see the enjoyment on her face (y)

Great end to the year, and, has been said above, cut and print!!

I've enjoyed following your thread this year and hope you are joining in again in 2016 (y)

Thank you Jill and thanks for the support throughout the year. Really appreciate your comments and encouragement.

Yes I am, like a fool, doing the same again in 2016 and actually just posted my first, Week 0 shot.

Thank you Jill and thanks for the support throughout the year. Really appreciate your comments and encouragement.

Yes I am, like a fool, doing the same again in 2016 and actually just posted my first, Week 0 shot.

Me too!! Snap :p

Aaah! What a lovely happy little face. Christmas and colour go well so the first one for me. Lovely bokeh provided by the tree in the bg. :clap:

Reactions: rpn
Aaah! What a lovely happy little face. Christmas and colour go well so the first one for me. Lovely bokeh provided by the tree in the bg. :clap:

Thanks Carl and a big thank you too for all your comments throughout the year. :clap: You've always been one of the first to comment on my thread, very much appreciated. :clap: (y)

Hi Stan,
Living is a good strong shot. Great timing capturing the spray.
Christmas: What a stunning shot to end on :clap: Colour for me and it really lifts the tree lights and gives a better connection to Christmas.

Looking forward to your 52 in 2016 (y)

Stan, that is a fabulous shot and one I'm sure you will cherish. Superb (y)

Congrats on completing the '52 and all the best for 2016.

Back