weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Nice shot for ancient and interesting bit of history behind it! Great composition and PoV.

B&W I prefer the SOOC with that Stan, it still fits the theme, nice image, great idea too!

Ancient, interesting read Stan, fitting for the theme.

Lots of Ancient history there Stan, perfect for the theme, I like the distant viewpoint, it showcases it perfectly.

Thanks Susie, that's as near as I can get with the same level viewpoint. The path slope down quite sharp then up again to the castle.

Like that. Not an easy one to compose with the FG grass. It looks a little soft but that could be Flickr, indeed it is. Much sharper in Flickr.

Nice sunset/rise light would take it to another level.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, yes a sunrise or sunset shot of the location is in my 'trips-to-visit' list.

Hi, really like the tyre shot for black and white simple but works so well,

the fortress is also spot on, looks an amazing place to visit, especially during a storm maybe

Thanks Allan, my thoughts were a simple shot would just works as well.

Actually I've never visit the castle yet even though it's only 30 minutes drive away.

Nice shot for ancient and interesting bit of history behind it! Great composition and PoV.

Cheers Bern, pleased you like the shot.

B&W I prefer the SOOC with that Stan, it still fits the theme, nice image, great idea too!

Ancient, interesting read Stan, fitting for the theme.

Thanks Andy.

Real nice exposure, good colour ... an all round very pleasing image. :clap:

B & W - love the mix of the straight lines with the round of the tyre. I particularly like how the black at the bottom of the door (Is the garage door slightly open to get it?) runs into the tyre on the wheel. Also liked the IR, it's something I keep meaning to have a go at.

Ancient - Nice view point, like the way the path/wall leads into the shot.

Real nice exposure, good colour ... an all round very pleasing image. :clap:

Thanks David.

B & W - love the mix of the straight lines with the round of the tyre. I particularly like how the black at the bottom of the door (Is the garage door slightly open to get it?) runs into the tyre on the wheel. Also liked the IR, it's something I keep meaning to have a go at.

Ancient - Nice view point, like the way the path/wall leads into the shot.

Cheers Steve, the bottom of the garage door is a strip of thick black rubber.

The castle is surrounded by steep cliffs and the only way to get to it is by walking down then up a very steep path.

Fabulous take Stan - impressive submission for the theme. Imagine living like that eh! Excellent abstract. :clap:

Love it, Stan.
Perfect fit for the theme.
My only nitpick... I might be tempted to crop a little off the tip to eliminate the differing top of the rhs building.
But that's just personal preference... Others may well love the difference.

Love it, Stan.
Perfect fit for the theme.
My only nitpick... I might be tempted to crop a little off the tip to eliminate the differing top of the rhs building.
But that's just personal preference... Others may well love the difference.

Thanks Ruth, very valid comment about the top of RH building.

Great shot Stan love the symmetry in it and perfect for the theme. (y)

Cheers Nigel

great take for urban couldn't be more urban, agree with Ruth about the crop

Impressive Stan, nice take on the theme. :)

Great take on the theme and very well captured, the light on the building is just right, well seen.

I love this, tried to get something similar myself, but one really has to be on the same level (in another block across the road).

All this talk of cropping and the abstract has given me an idea ... go for portrait orientation, making the viewer scroll up and down to see top and bottom ... a thing I normally dislike but might be effective here. Just a thought.

Thanks David, the shot was taken about 500m away with my seldom used Sigma 150-400mm lens at 240mm. I was also lucky there was a raised embankment where the shot as taken and from that distance the camera is more or less pointing level.

Excellent comments there and very good points about portrait format.

Hi Stan - great shot for the theme, lovely abstract. Echo the comments re crop - but as it stands right now, it's a thumbs up from me! (y)

Hi Stan - great shot for the theme, lovely abstract. Echo the comments re crop - but as it stands right now, it's a thumbs up from me! (y)

Thanks Matt for dropping by and taking the time to comment.

Love this one Stan, perfect for the theme, excellent just as it is :clap:

Thanks Susie, I'm happy with the result too.

I notice these freshly and brightly painted columns of the weather shelter at the seafront the other week and thought of colourful if and when a reshoot theme gets pulled. Luckily this is the week.

Week 38 - Reshoot (Colourful)

Week 38 Reshoot Colourful 15268 by Stan, on Flickr

Excellent couple of shots Stan. Great find for Colourful and nicely taken - love the green handprint especially.

The first of the pair of towers for me because it shows more of the far tower.

Colourful is a great find, nicely done.

The first of the pair of towers for me because it shows more of the far tower.

Colourful is a great find, nicely done.

First towers for me Stan ...love the aspect as they tower up into the sky.
Colourful ...now that is eye catching, absolutely perfect for the theme,

Thanks Chris and Susie.

Back