weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

2nd "Pair" for me Stan, nice blue sky and overhanging foliage, sets it all off, and personally I think the railings get in the way, in the first.

Colourful re-shoot, it certainly is colourful,and set off nicely between the drab stone work.

First 'pair' for me I prefer the more muted colours in this one.
Re-shoot - wonderfully stunning colours.

I've missed some great shots on your thread Stan. Urban is superb - love the abstract nature. The first pairs shot for me I think - I like the context the railings and gravestones give and the texture of the clouds. Your re-shoot is really eye-catching as well with the graffiti in the background and green hadprint adding even more interest (y)

Hey Stan,

Ancient - I just love old castles, and that certainly is a craggy outcrop it sits on too.
Are you a local? Please tell me you're going to do a b&w re-shoot on a foggy morning.

Urban - Plenty of detail in that shot, especially on flickr. What are the exterior frameworks, Fire escapes?

Pair - Hmm, torn by those 2 shots. I like the cloud formation in the sky on the first one, and the viewpoint, however, the framing in the second shot is good and the sky is a deep blue.
Don't let @Shirleyr see those clock shots though ;)

Colourful Re-Shoot - Really puts me in mind of brightly coloured crayons, nice bit of perspective and a bit of added interest with the squiggles on the white wall. Love the cheeky green hand print too.

First 'pair' for me I prefer the more muted colours in this one.
Re-shoot - wonderfully stunning colours.

Thanks Liz.

I've missed some great shots on your thread Stan. Urban is superb - love the abstract nature. The first pairs shot for me I think - I like the context the railings and gravestones give and the texture of the clouds. Your re-shoot is really eye-catching as well with the graffiti in the background and green hadprint adding even more interest (y)

Thanks Emma, I wasn't too sure which of the Pair shot is better hence I posted both up for comments.

Hey Stan,

Ancient - I just love old castles, and that certainly is a craggy outcrop it sits on too.
Are you a local? Please tell me you're going to do a b&w re-shoot on a foggy morning.

Urban - Plenty of detail in that shot, especially on flickr. What are the exterior frameworks, Fire escapes?

Pair - Hmm, torn by those 2 shots. I like the cloud formation in the sky on the first one, and the viewpoint, however, the framing in the second shot is good and the sky is a deep blue.
Don't let @Shirleyr see those clock shots though ;)

Colourful Re-Shoot - Really puts me in mind of brightly coloured crayons, nice bit of perspective and a bit of added interest with the squiggles on the white wall. Love the cheeky green hand print too.

A foggy B&W shot :thinking: I’ll bear that in mind and may put that into practice and see how I get on.

Urban; I think the buildings are being refurbished with new claddings.

My exact thoughts with the Pair shots too. One with more context and the other with the blue sky and framed by the trees.

Great shot for urban, not much to criticise!

#1 for the pair of towers as it shows more of the first tower.

Excellent find for colourful, and great PoV and perspective.

Poor little storm troopers :( you slave driver :p
No shoehorn required there Stan, except maybe to get to boot on? :D
Clever idea & it fits well :)

Brilliant concept Stan, very original and the composition is excellent. Bravo :clap:

Poor little storm troopers :( you slave driver :p
No shoehorn required there Stan, except maybe to get to boot on? :D
Clever idea & it fits well :)

Cheers Chris, slave driver? me! They are actually very happy that I let them out and do some work for a change. :D

Brilliant concept Stan, very original and the composition is excellent. Bravo :clap:

Cheer Carl, can't come up with anything else in such short time and hopeful able to get another while I'm away.

Great idea for the theme, made me smile, nicely set up and processed

Great idea and well executed and processed

It must have taken them ages I bet they are on minimum wage and zero hour contracts

Nice sense of abandonment and decay entirely suited to b&w. Well chosen Stan. You wonder why anyone would take the trouble to unhinge those doors and stack them neatly at the back before dumping the truck.

Well spotted for After. I think there is a better composition in there. I'd prefer the building wasn't in there and getting closer may achieve this. I never see things like this :(

Cheers.

Lovely image Stan great B&W conversion really adds to the abounded feel of the image

Great photo, B&W conversion and harsh sunlight works very well.

Works well, nice find maybe concentrate on one or two of the vehicles rather than the wide shot

Nice sense of abandonment and decay entirely suited to b&w. Well chosen Stan. You wonder why anyone would take the trouble to unhinge those doors and stack them neatly at the back before dumping the truck.

Thanks Carl. My thought too but that's Cyprus' way!

Well spotted for After. I think there is a better composition in there. I'd prefer the building wasn't in there and getting closer may achieve this. I never see things like this :(

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, it was a bit of rush to get the shot as I wasn't too sure I was in private land or not and not really want to find out either so just want to grab the shot and get out.

I like the processing Stan, it accentuates the details in the wrecks.
Unlike Andy & Allan I like the wide shot as it gives context to the image, of the vehicles decaying into the land. It therefore tells it's own story to me.

Excellent idea that liquified selfie!

Perfect for the theme, hope you can return to normal by the morning.:)

Back