weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Looks good to me Stan - definitely Alien. Many opportunities await in Hollywood.

lol BIG is a nice idea ... well put together.

After ... that's exactly what they are, ex vehicles. Looks like a nice B&W conversion.

Alien ... OMG ... weird, eyes especially. I think that fits the theme.

That looks cold, Stan, I could just handle one of those about now (y)

Your're making me thirsty Stan, well done with nice shallow DoF to separate the cold beer from the background.

nice colour to the beer and the DoF works well to emphasize it, I take it you are still on your holidays

Mmmmm cold beer... hang on, a warm hot chocolate is in order here :)

That's a nice inviting image Stan, with the umbrellas peeping in from the background and the sparkle of a warm sea.... it seems a distant memory already for me (a whole week and a half nearly), nice image :)

That's all I ever drank in Cyprus, so refreshing. Yes, as Chris says, nice DoF to show enough of the bg to provide a sense of location.

a small beer al fresco in a hot climate ... Liquid doesn't come much better than that.

That looks cold, Stan, I could just handle one of those about now (y)

Cheers Chris, I should've said Yamas

Your're making me thirsty Stan, well done with nice shallow DoF to separate the cold beer from the background.

Thanks Chris. That was my aim to have the background out-of-focus and still showing the sense of being on holiday. I'm happy enough with the result.

nice colour to the beer and the DoF works well to emphasize it, I take it you are still on your holidays

Cheers Allan and yep still in Cyprus, half way though and only three more weeks to go before heading back to a cold and wet Scotland.

Really like the DoF Stan great colours, I like the composition too.

Thanks Mark.

Nice take on the subject, works very well with the quite shallow DoF.

One of my fisrt thoughts for this theme was beer, but I couldnt think of a decent compo - so well done on getting that bit right!

Nicely balanced shot, I like it.

Lovely texture, Stan.
Bang on theme...nice one!

Lovely texture, B&W conversion works well.

Nice texture the OOF bit at the top are a bit distracting but good idea for the theme

Liquid - it Really stands out against the dof background
Cracked - Great textures

Stan your image for cracked is fantastic love the textures in the bark. Nicely seen

Hi Stan :)

Nice choice for the theme, although I would love to see all of it in focus. the detail is really good in the centre, as is the light, like it :)

Nice texture the OOF bit at the top are a bit distracting but good idea for the theme

Thanks Dean and Allan. I need to use f4 aperture (widest) in order to get a reasonable hand held shutter speed and was also looking down at a slight angle. Only notice the oof after I view the image in the computer. I wish I get down even lower for a level shot to get the whole frame in focus.

Nice textures, simple and effective Stan :)

Back