weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Fauna - great detail in the textures but as others have said bit of a tight crop
Static - I like that you can make out the real ducks in the Oof background
Game - the white lines and goal in the distance add interest

Ah, the beautiful game :p And I like your earlier description of it (y)

Nice leading lines and low pov. It's a winner for me :D

Certainly looks like a lovely serene little glade. :)

Nice and peaceful Stan :)

Really well processed love the colours and the pathway leading you into the scene

Something different and a bit of abstract from me this week. This is the door of my garage, which is pure white, and a winter tyre of my Mini. I think of black and white as opposite, contrary, different and diametrically opposed. So this image of white door black tyre, straight lines circle wheel, parallel and curve line etc.

Week 35 - Black and White

Week 35 Black and White by Stan, on Flickr

Like that a lot Stan, great light on the wheel and a good mono conversion

I prefer the processed version, I find the foreground in the straight-out-of-camera version a bit distracting.

Nice work Stan ... very eye-catching.

The SOOC for me, the processed looks grey by comparison.

Nice work Stan ... very eye-catching.

The SOOC for me, the processed looks grey by comparison.

Thanks David. (y) The theme is Black and White and '50 shades of Grey' in between! Personally, I like both. The PP shot is kind of arty abstract and SOOC shot with minimal colour.

For good measure I thought I might as well throw this one in for this week. It's not strictly Black and White as such but nevertheless this image contains only white, black and many shades of greys.

This is an Infrared image of the Brig o' Balgownie, a 13th century bridge spanning the River Don not far from where I live, taken with an IR850nm Infrared filter, f16 at 50 seconds, ISO 1000 settings.

Brig o' Balgownie IR by Stan, on Flickr

I prefer the processed version Stan ... maybe because the colour of the hardstanding kind of draws the eye away somehow. Well constructed with all those contrasting facets you mention. :clap:

I prefer the processed version Stan ... maybe because the colour of the hardstanding kind of draws the eye away somehow. Well constructed with all those contrasting facets you mention. :clap:

Thanks Carl, agree with you about the pp version and spot on with the critique.

Like that IR photo, I didn't even know you could do IR with a filter, I assumed you needed a converted camera, good to know.

Just had a read Stan .. very interesting. Never heard of it until now. Reminded me of Tintagel in many ways. 13th century is certainly Ancient ... maybe I should have posted Urquart Castle that I visited last week. Well done Stan.

Last edited:
Just had a read Stan .. very interesting. Never heard of it until now. Reminded me of Tintagel in many ways. 13th century is certainly Ancient ... maybe I should have posted Urquart Castle that I visited last week. Well done Stan.

That's an impressive castle and spot on for the theme (y)

Thanks Carl and Chris. I'm lucky with this theme as there are many old castles and medieval sites around this part of Scotland.

Like that. Not an easy one to compose with the FG grass. It looks a little soft but that could be Flickr, indeed it is. Much sharper in Flickr.

Nice sunset/rise light would take it to another level.

Cheers.

Hi, really like the tyre shot for black and white simple but works so well,

the fortress is also spot on, looks an amazing place to visit, especially during a storm maybe

Back