weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Yep - what an unattractive dump! Fits the Feme :)

They're both good at portraying Unattractive. Second shot RHS bin is a nice find ... might look good without the other bin. o_O

Thanks, David. Good suggestion about cropping out the right-hand bin.

Yep - what an unattractive dump! Fits the Feme :)

Cheers, Dave.

Both are great shots! I prefer #1 which is in my opinion better composed.

Hi Stan,
Those are two good choices for the Oval theme but my favourite is the second one; the red really pops.
Straight - great location with those long rails disappearing into the distance, and the foreground planks are a great addition. The B&W conversion works very well and suits this subject (y)
Unattractive - two more good options and both suit the theme very well, but the first one stands out for me because of the litter bin surrounded by all that discarded litter, and then another bin in the not-too-distant background :( Good composition too to include the foreground pavement.

City centres cant fail to provide an unatrractive viewpoint tbf, but both work well for the theme.....

Both are great shots! I prefer #1 which is in my opinion better composed.

Thanks, Bernd.

Hi Stan,
Those are two good choices for the Oval theme but my favourite is the second one; the red really pops.
Straight - great location with those long rails disappearing into the distance, and the foreground planks are a great addition. The B&W conversion works very well and suits this subject (y)
Unattractive - two more good options and both suit the theme very well, but the first one stands out for me because of the litter bin surrounded by all that discarded litter, and then another bin in the not-too-distant background :( Good composition too to include the foreground pavement.

Thanks, Andrea for the catch-up comment.
Red oval seems to be the preferred shot of the two and I'm happy with the rail track shot too.

City centres cant fail to provide an unatrractive viewpoint tbf, but both work well for the theme.....

Thanks, Mark.

Hi Stan,

Straight - That image (albeit twin tracks) struck me as an idea. I think your one is better than mine would have been, it looks more rural. Glad you kept the crossing's cattle grids in shot as that emphasises you were on a crossing.
I'd say I prefer the original to the mono, as you have the rust colours caught well.

Unattractive - Image 1 for me. Most of London will look like that come Sunday evening...

Shadow - Clichéd possibly, but very well executed. Odd to see it on a dictionary, though I do get why, rather than a bible.
(y)

Hi Stan,

Straight - That image (albeit twin tracks) struck me as an idea. I think your one is better than mine would have been, it looks more rural. Glad you kept the crossing's cattle grids in shot as that emphasises you were on a crossing.
I'd say I prefer the original to the mono, as you have the rust colours caught well.

Unattractive - Image 1 for me. Most of London will look like that come Sunday evening...

Shadow - Clichéd possibly, but very well executed. Odd to see it on a dictionary, though I do get why, rather than a bible.
(y)

Thanks, Tim.

Straight - Cattle grids! that's what they are. I'm learning every day.

Shadow - I also kept the word "Love" in the top right in focus and hence the reason I used a dictionary.

Ok its been done before but you have done a good job with it I like the placement of the ring within the frame

Shadow -- sweet. I hadn't seen it done before so I think it's rather cute. Yes, I note the 'love' on the right but you also have a religious connotation on the left.

Maybe it has been done before, but you have executed the shot perfectly! Nothing to criticise (y)

after the ring (seen it all before) my eye was drawn to the top left ... God Christ Lord .... and I thought it was a bible.

Anyway ... nice job.

Nice idea and shot for shadow Stan well done

Shadow

It works well, clichéd or not. You've made a good job of the lighting and I like that you've used a dictionary with the word love in it.

Stan, Shadow is a great implementation of a classic, Ive yet to do that one, but i think you have shot it well.

Straight - the rail tracks are a great choice for the theme lots of straightness there, I like the colour version better. I really like the tree image too looks like and enchanted forest.
Unattractive - the first one for me
Shadow - a classic shot but beautifully done I like it.

I have no idea how i have missed some of your shots, so my apologies and here goes a bit of a catch up from myself.

Wet - nice take on the theme, nice splodges of bright colours, lovely abstract image.
Juxta - the first image as well for me, love the contrast between the old and the new. The old build has some amazing colours and features which stand out well against the blandness of the new build.
Re shoot of heavy is a great find, that crane looks like it means business like both shots.
Oval - both work for the theme, but the Porsche for me as well, less distractions.
Straight - both images work well for the theme and the mono conversion works much better than the colour shot, but the best for me is the tree shot very abstracty.
Unattractive - both images are good finds for the theme, well spotted, but the first Image just has the edge for me for overall composition.
Shadow - nicely executed image, not sure about the use of the dictionary but I wont let that put me off the image.

Hi Stan

Unattractive unfortunatly fits the Theme, but the same in most places.
Shadow - It works, but so often seen. Good tones to the B&W and DOF works to highlight the correct word. Good effort.

Pete

Apologise for the lack of comments last week, work is getting busy and life is getting in the way too. This week's shot is, again, one of those PABD (publish and be damned) or as Daniel Ricciardo put it recently, "Sometimes you just have to lick the stamp and send it"

An early Sunday morning image of the 14th-century Glamis Castle, ancestral seat to the Earls of Strathmore and Kinghorne, the childhood home of the late HM Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.

Week 17 - Beautiful

Beautiful by Stan, on Flickr

What a great looking building! A bit closer and less tarmac would have been my choice - but it IS beautiful!

Beautiful

A good looking building, I think a little more contrast may improve it.

Your image for Shadow is a classic set-up and very well done, Stan, with a perfect heart-shaped shadow.

I also like the edit for Beautiful, as it makes the most of a really striking building. The low viewpoint makes it even more imposing and you've left enough of the foreground to provide a strong lead-in, and the blue sky is a bonus (y)

Hi Stan

Edit of beautiful is much better than the first. I love round towers on buildings, plenty there for me.

Pete

Shadow - Very nice indeed I really like it

Beautiful - The edited version for me a stunning place especially on a nice sunny day

Yep - the edit works :)

Back