weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Great image for pattern, really like the colours and the saturation is bang on.

Pattern
The lightbox brings out nature's design well on the sections, I also like where some of the peel is visible at the left hand edge. I might have added slightly more room around the slice.

Up Close - lovely headshot - I thought it was for green at first :) You've captured the beautiful metallic effect well.

Personal - perfect for the theme

Good catch up! (y)

Close up, nicely detailed Stan (y)

Personal. That works (y)

Up Close - fantastic level of detail and lovely colours.
Personal - great idea for the theme, works well but I just ca't help feeling it may have been better with all the text in focus (?)

Reactions: rpn
Nice duckie and good take on personal :)

Up Close - lovely headshot - I thought it was for green at first :) You've captured the beautiful metallic effect well.

Personal - perfect for the theme

Good catch up! (y)

Thank you, Beb.

Close up, nicely detailed Stan (y)

Personal. That works (y)

Cheers, Chris

Up Close - fantastic level of detail and lovely colours.
Personal - great idea for the theme, works well but I just ca't help feeling it may have been better with all the text in focus (?)

Thanks, Jim. I was surprised too with the details since its been cropped to 100%. Fujifilm X-T4 with 16-55mm f/2.8.

Nice duckie and good take on personal :)

:) Thanks, Dave.

A friend was flying his plane last week to keep the engine in tip-top condition and I was, luckily, asked to join for a leisure flight around the North of Scotland. This is taken through the canopy so the quality is not the best. I thought all the green fields in Perthshire would fit this week's theme.

Week 24 Green

Green by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's so clear when you fly over Britain what a green country we live in. It's a good take on the theme.

You could have been on a mountain :) A very unusually placed mountain that is...

Very much on theme, and the flat light and murky horizon are very much a key indicator this is the UK.

luckily, asked to join for a leisure flight around the North of Scotland.
Lucky so and so (y)

Nicely Green Stan.

You could have been on a mountain :) A very unusually placed mountain that is...

Very much on theme, and the flat light and murky horizon are very much a key indicator this is the UK.

Thanks, Ian. It wasn't the best of day, misty and showery.

Lucky so and so (y)

Nicely Green Stan.

Thanks, Chris. Some friends are nice to know! ;):)

Up close
Lovely colour in the Drake's head.

Personal
It's certainly personal.

Green
I bet the views were beautiful.

Lucky you... I'd love to see my area from the air. There's plenty of green in there...

Life is getting even more hectic for me recently and I have totally forgotten about the technique for this quarter. Thanks to Chris for the gentle reminder kick up the backside. :)
15 seconds long exposure with a 10-Stop filter by Camdiox.

Week 25 Snapper's Choice & Negative Space Technique

Negative Space by Stan, on Flickr

Thanks to Chris for the gentle reminder kick up the backside.
My pleasure :D

Very minimalist, Stan.
I like that (y)

Nicely done!

I love that. There's almost nothing going on, and yet it still says something.

Nice use of long exposure and the neg space tech is well and truly ticked. Nice relaxing image.

Long exposures work really well when the light isn't there for you. Nicely done and works well for the theme.

Choice
Nicely done. There's enough difference between the sky and sea at the horizon to give a nice clean line.

That's a lovely shot for the family album :)

Great angle Stan, lovely pose too (y)

Great image, excellent POV.

Did you take this specifically for the theme? If so - were you pleasantly surprised?

Great image, excellent POV.

Did you take this specifically for the theme? If so - were you pleasantly surprised?

Luck would have it that my daughter and family were staying with us last week and this is what I've in mind when the theme came out. I was hoping to capture her in mid-swing but all the shots were too blurry. She was more than happy to pose for granddad and sometimes she just strike a pose whenever I pointed a camera at her. Very unlike the younger one, she ran a mile from my camera. :)

A lovely shot Stan... great pov and the swing makes a good background.

Back