weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2022 - Week 52 SHOWCASE and COMPLETE

I love the way the shapes work in that, they pull you in from one to the next.

Reactions: rpn
A good series of images Stan, I think that you chose the right one.

Depict a song... that is a glorious sunrise
Looking down... great pov, fits the theme perfectly.

Definitely lived in by someone who loves a splash of colour. Well spotted and fits the theme nicely.

Yep, that says rustic. What a fascinating little building. I like the juxtaposition of the modern roof against the rest of the building.

Love this shack (cabin?) Stan. It looks like there are a lot of images to be had around there.

Thats a very colorful picture, looks like it could be a house near the seaside.

Thanks, Simon. The hut is located in an old fishing village right by the river/harbour mouth.

Love this shack (cabin?) Stan. It looks like there are a lot of images to be had around there.

Cheers, Bill. Take a look into my Flickr page, link in my signature, there are many similar shacks/huts in that village.

I'm undecided about which image to pick for this week; A skeleton watch or needle & thread — all were taken with a 105mm macro lens.

Week 42 Precision

Rotary Skeleton Watch with 2 images focus stacked.

Precision by Stan, on Flickr

#2 Eye of a Needle

Eye of a Needle by Stan, on Flickr

#3 Needle & Thread

Needle and Thread by Stan, on Flickr

I prefer your chosen shot too. The colours in the watch are lovely.

Great shots Stan, I think that your chosen shot is the best image but your other two show more creative thinking. I would have been hard pressed to choose.

I prefer your chosen shot too. The colours in the watch are lovely.

Thanks, Helen. I think it is plated rose gold colour.

Great shots Stan, I think that your chosen shot is the best image but your other two show more creative thinking. I would have been hard pressed to choose.

Thanks, Bill. The watch was the first and only idea I can think of and then at the last minute eye of a needle with thread just pop into my head.

I like the watch image, lovely ;)

Sorry - bit late!
Rustic - lovely find and nice shot that fits the bill perfectly.
Precision - I like all the shots, but I think the watch is the most pleasing for me, but the threaded needle runs it a close second.

Watch is a very good shot.
The needle and thread is well taken too. (and well lit)

A nice trio of minis Stan. They're not very Mini these days - in fact the current Mini looks bigger than the old Maxi :D

Great idea for the theme and works really well with that PoV. Nicely done and thought out.

I enjoyed seeing this photo Stan. It made me smile. Great idea and nicely executed.

Thanks, Bebop.

A nice trio of minis Stan. They're not very Mini these days - in fact the current Mini looks bigger than the old Maxi :D

Indeed, Dave. The 4/5 doors version is even bigger.

Woodland, trees and leaves would be a common subject this week and I thought I'll tried something different. The background trees processed with a small amount of motion blur added but not sure if this works?

Week 44 Autumnal + Leading Lines Technique

Leading Autumnal by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
No.1 because you get the lines.
It's a good shot without the blur but it does add atmosphere. Until you explained I thought it was mist.

No1 is the one for me, although I must admit i'm not fond of motion blur or ICM (I'm just an old fashioned bloke :D:D). The colours are lovely and the tech is spot on too.

Back