weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2022 - Week 52 SHOWCASE and COMPLETE

That's a great shot.

My only comment would have been that I didn't like the stuff to the right, but you've already cropped it.

Thanks, Kell. Good point about the building on the right. I think the edited version is a stronger image with part of the building cropped out and also having the main subject, library building, slightly off-centre too.

Nice image Stan, the wet cobbles and overcast clouds really give the overall feeling of damp. I also like how the lines of the cobbles lead you to the steps.

Reactions: rpn
Nice image Stan, the wet cobbles and overcast clouds really give the overall feeling of damp. I also like how the lines of the cobbles lead you to the steps.

Thanks, Duncan. I think the 16mm (APS crop sensor) wide-angle enhance the leading lines to the library building.

You've captured some beautiful colours in this shot. The crop is definitely a good improvement for me.

You've captured some beautiful colours in this shot. The crop is definitely a good improvement for me.

Thanks, Helen.

Love the Damp shot, bang on theme and the light in the sky and the perspective of the shot all adds to an imposing picture.

Thanks, Paul for the nice words.

That makes a very interesting image and a different take on the theme. Well spotted!

I'd agree with Helen, really interesting particularly using the circular (ish) mirror in the square frame. Good job.

Oh aye - boxes ticked nicely Stan :)

I'd agree with Helen, really interesting particularly using the circular (ish) mirror in the square frame. Good job.

Thanks, Jim. Now that you mentioned it, I didn't notice the contrasting shapes. The car is my 11 years Mini Cooper.

Oh aye - boxes ticked nicely Stan :)

Thanks, Dave. I'm happy to be able to take the theme and tech in one go.

That’s a great interpretation and execution of the theme Stan

That’s a great interpretation and execution of the theme Stan

Thanks, Simon.

I like this and can't help wonder how tricky it was to park the car in the right spot. It works really well for the theme.

Thanks, Bebop. The car park is right next to the pier/lighthouse and there was only one other car when I pulled up. Just reserve parked, compulsory in most offices car parks here, and in a slight angle.

Clever idea to take a picture that way. Interesting reflection too. The blue sea almost looks inviting bet it's cold though!

Clever idea to take a picture that way. Interesting reflection too. The blue sea almost looks inviting bet it's cold though!

Thanks, Simon. Well, it is the North Sea after all but there are some brave souls who go for a swim down by the beach every Sunday morning.

Works well Stan .. a different view from Greyhope Rd over the South Breakwater

Cheers, Duncan. I see that you are from the opposite end of Scotland to me. Are you familiar with this area?

I studied at Aberdeen University .... many years ago ... lots of good memories.

LOL, through a window at a reflection. Check and double-check! Good take on the theme Stan.

That fits the bill perfectly. Nice framed (or cropped) too. A staggering amount of detail on here. This sort of thing always makes me wonder who actually sat down with a blank sheet of paper and said, ok we need one of these.......

Nice shot Stan, I think I have a couple of old floppy discs kicking around somewhere, I should have opened one up and done something similar.

That fits the bill perfectly. Nice framed (or cropped) too. A staggering amount of detail on here. This sort of thing always makes me wonder who actually sat down with a blank sheet of paper and said, ok we need one of these.......

Thanks, Simon. My thought too, just too complicated for me.

Nice shot Stan, I think I have a couple of old floppy discs kicking around somewhere, I should have opened one up and done something similar.

Thanks, Bill. I haven't opened a floppy disk but have with an HDD and this is the inside of the same disk. I took the shot for the same technology theme back in 2016.

Technology by Stan, on Flickr

Nice pix both of them :)

A very 'straight' shot, but lovely and sharp, with loads of interest.

Back