weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2022 - Week 52 SHOWCASE and COMPLETE

Plenty of square windows there, Stan You might have come a cropper if the theme was Round.

Pete

Reactions: rpn
For this week I took a boring photo of a female Mallard Duck with both shadow and reflection. I've googled 'What's the difference between Shadow and Reflection' and my conclusion is that the photo has both shadow of the duck body and reflections of its head and beak. Anyway I'm claiming the technique regardless. :) ;)

Week 35 Snapper's Choice and Shadow Technique

Female Mallard by Stan, on Flickr

Small - took me a moment, but love it!

Snapper's choice & tech - lovely shot of the mallard with great shadowy reflections!

Nicely done Stan

Snappers Choice is great, and the shadow tech works very well.

That works really well. I love how still the water appears, it really lets the shadow jump out.

Nice detailed shot. I think this would fit both reflection and shadow. I agree with Nick about the water - it is amazingly still - it must have been a sitting duck! :)

• Haha
That works really well. I love how still the water appears, it really lets the shadow jump out.

Nice detailed shot. I think this would fit both reflection and shadow. I agree with Nick about the water - it is amazingly still - it must have been a sitting duck! :)

Thanks, Nick and Beb. Normally the river is quite fast flowing but due to lack of recent rain, some corners of the river are like this.

There aren't many high vantage points for cityscape shots around here and this is the best and nearest I can get to. Although the subject matters and skyline are pretty boring I think the twilight sky and cloudscape make it a reasonable interesting image. For those eagle eyes amount you probably spotted the tower blocks on the right that I used for this year's Week 33 Square theme, For those long-term 52'ers the Cube shape building on the left, again, I've used it for many themes over the years.

Week 36 Scape

Pittodrie Sunset by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the colours Stan. Is it a stadium?

Cheers, Bill. Yes the famous Aberdeen FC :)
Cj6GlnZ.gif

Lovely colours and I like the composition with the path leading us through the frame. I remember seeing some of the buildings now you've mentioned it.

Two nice pix Stan.

Back