weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Hi Susie. I really like that one for Envy - says it all quite simply. A definite 3D quality about it - very well taken Susie :clap:

Chuckle. I like that Susie, spot on for subject and great use of available props.
The use of the shallow DoF makes it work well :clap:

Thank you Carl and Tim I must admit I was more pleased with the result than I expected to be..

Hi Susie, second shot is excellent not sure what it is (ok its paper) or how you did it but I really like that, :clap::clap: very abstract and quite fascinating

Hi Susie. I agree with Allan - #2 is excellent. Very creative - I especially like the smaller inset section. :clap:

Hi Susie, second shot is excellent not sure what it is (ok its paper) or how you did it but I really like that, :clap::clap: very abstract and quite fascinating

Hi Susie. I agree with Allan - #2 is excellent. Very creative - I especially like the smaller inset section. :clap:

Thank you both :) I did enjoy doing that one.
@alsjazzera Basically its just changing the sliders on the Polar Inversion tool Allan, I did a few but I think thats the one I like the best. I did like this one too ...I added colour to this one

TP inversion 1 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
A pair of very nice images there Susie (y)

Actually I I prefer the second "paper" image, nothing wrong with the first BTW, and very clever.
But the second actually reminds me of a Nautilus ;)

Envy ... was tricky wasn't it? You came up on theme, and I like the way the crumpled ticket seems to be floating.

Inverted ... yes a crystal ball is what's needed. I was trying all sorts of things to get that effect, well done.

This Polar Inversion stuff is truly amazing.

Last edited:
Hi Susie,
Despair: A really good shot. The pose exudes despair and the blended in water works very well. Great mono look too.
Noise: Nice sequence of shots. Cleaver take on the theme :)
Envy: Another very clever shot of a very hard theme. The theme is perfectly portrayed and really come across.
Inverted: I like the effect of the crystal ball. It comes out really clearly. The folded paper shot is amazing though. I too have no idea how it is done but the result is great :clap:

A pair of very nice images there Susie (y)

Actually I I prefer the second "paper" image, nothing wrong with the first BTW, and very clever.
But the second actually reminds me of a Nautilus ;)

Envy ... was tricky wasn't it? You came up on theme, and I like the way the crumpled ticket seems to be floating.

Inverted ... yes a crystal ball is what's needed. I was trying all sorts of things to get that effect, well done.

This Polar Inversion stuff is truly amazing.

Like them both and the second image looks quite interesting. Just look up what Polar Inversion is all about!

Thank you Cobra, d00d and Stan much appreciate you looking in ...I did enjoy doing the Polar Inversion one ...amazing what effect you can get from the simplest of photos.

Hi Susie,
Despair: A really good shot. The pose exudes despair and the blended in water works very well. Great mono look too.
Noise: Nice sequence of shots. Cleaver take on the theme :)
Envy: Another very clever shot of a very hard theme. The theme is perfectly portrayed and really come across.
Inverted: I like the effect of the crystal ball. It comes out really clearly. The folded paper shot is amazing though. I too have no idea how it is done but the result is great :clap:

Hi Lee thank you for hopping in ...very much appreciate your comments. The topics can often appear difficult but it does do us good to have to think of an idea :)

When I was in Wales I bought the Grandsons some giant bubble blowing liquid, I though this would be ideal for shimmer so we had a bubble blowing session yesterday, the boys didn't get a look in as my son and daughter in law were in competition to get the biggest bubble :) The backgrounds are slightly distracting but if I shot them against the sky they lost their bright colour. We had lots of fun doing it anyway.

shimmer3 by Susiejb, on Flickr

shimmer1 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Hi Susie, very shimmery indeed I think, BG is a bit of a problem but you know that nice idea though

A very clever idea Susie (y)
As you have already said, its a bit of a pity about the background, but needs must (y)

Hi Susie.
The first of the two shimmer shots for me, I think the colours that you've captured there are really great, and as Hissy and Allan have said, the background in the second is a bit of a distraction (can't have been easy though).
I'm going to go with the first of tehe two Inverted shots, mainly because I can understand what it is :)

Hi Susie. That's a clever take on Shimmer. Both good but in a weird way I somehow prefer #2 for the odd contours and slightly more varied and vibrant colours.

Envy: What I like about this is it identifies two evils. Nicely shot too. (y)

Inverse: I like the crystal ball shot, spot on. The "paper" I can't get my head around but the curves are nice. :)

Shimmer: The colours in those bubbles are ace! - I agree about the backgrounds - I would like to see a bit more around the bubbles so that I could understand the scale.

Hi Susie, very shimmery indeed I think, BG is a bit of a problem but you know that nice idea though

A very clever idea Susie (y)
As you have already said, its a bit of a pity about the background, but needs must (y)

Hi Susie.
The first of the two shimmer shots for me, I think the colours that you've captured there are really great, and as Hissy and Allan have said, the background in the second is a bit of a distraction (can't have been easy though).
I'm going to go with the first of tehe two Inverted shots, mainly because I can understand what it is :)

Thanks Allan, Cobra and Tim ....much appreciate you all looking in :)

Hi Susie. That's a clever take on Shimmer. Both good but in a weird way I somehow prefer #2 for the odd contours and slightly more varied and vibrant colours.

Neat idea. I like #1 ... BG blends better.

Envy: What I like about this is it identifies two evils. Nicely shot too. (y)

Inverse: I like the crystal ball shot, spot on. The "paper" I can't get my head around but the curves are nice. :)

Shimmer: The colours in those bubbles are ace! - I agree about the backgrounds - I would like to see a bit more around the bubbles so that I could understand the scale.

Thank you Carl, d00d and Brian, I did enjoy doing this one, not much I can do about the background, I could probably try it on the beach, I may have a go sometime.

Brian if I left any more surround in I think it was even more distracting, i suddenly realised how untidy the garden is :eek: they were about 3' to 4' across.

Great idea!

Very colourful, I just zoomed out too far and it looked great as an icon! :D

Not sure about the writing? :thinking: don't know why!

I don't think this is quite what was in my head ..
Well I think it works really well, Susie great idea and fits nicely, not like some people posting anything and hoping to get away with it :D

Same as Brian though, I'd like to see it without the writing :)

Hi Susie, I am afraid :agree: with the above comments nice idea well and well done but writing not really necessary

Great idea!

Very colourful, I just zoomed out too far and it looked great as an icon! :D

Not sure about the writing? :thinking: don't know why!

Well I think it works really well, Susie great idea and fits nicely, not like some people posting anything and hoping to get away with it :D

Same as Brian though, I'd like to see it without the writing :)

Hi Susie, I am afraid :agree: with the above comments nice idea well and well done but writing not really necessary

Thanks guys ....I only added the writing at the very last minute :( but I'm glad you like it anyway.

Hi Susie. I like that - so colourful and a very original way of illustrating all four elements in one. Nice abstract PS: Shhhh! I quite like the writing - very poster-like.

Great ideas in your head ... don't always reach fruition. But this is almost there ... lots of black around the flame, then the black frame too. o_O Hmmm ... dare I say, nice try. :kiss: :exit:

Last edited:
Great ideas in your head ... don't always reach fruition. But this is almost there ... lots of black around the flame, then the black frame too. o_O Hmmm ... dare I say, nice try. :kiss: :exit:

Hello @d00d my mate :) do you think the blacks too much ...I couldn't think of a colour that would look better and it needed the frame ...maybe not so wide :thinking: trouble is there's boring things like housework and eating ...not enough time to mess with it anymore :runaway:

Last edited:
Hey hey hey :)

Envy - Good idea Susie and lovely sharp lotto ticket, that stands out really well (y)

Inverted - Absolutely love the paper ones, such good lighting and colours, the B&W is my fav of the bunch, took me a mo to work out what they were, you should be well proud of all them images :)

Shimmer - Not the best of settings, but I really like the colours and reflections you have captured :)

Elements - Nice PP and again a great idea, the words not quite the right sequence for me, but ignoring that a good experiment that has worked well I reckon (y)

Back