weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

susie ... #1 is very well done ... colour, focus, everything. But with #2 it seems you've brought it up a level with more clearly defined triangles within triangles ... funkier colours too.

You do this kind of thing so well. :clap:

Love the set of four close ups Susie. there aree a lot of good shots this week but these really stand out. (y)

Hi Susie. I've got something similar - heart shaped and been playing around with that photographically. Not half as successful as you though. Not terribly taken with the original but do like the more subtle version with the CD but the last set of four are absolutely beautiful. :clap:

Hi Susie, really like the first one, great colours really well captured, very nice (y)

Love the spread of colors Susie.

Especially like the close ups.
The are so accurate!

Hi Susie.
The colours in both are great. I think I prefer the second set although there are more colours in the original.

Thank you very much all ...very much appreciate you looking in and commenting ...glad you liked them :)

I love the close ups with the cooler colours, nice details.

susie ... #1 is very well done ... colour, focus, everything. But with #2 it seems you've brought it up a level with more clearly defined triangles within triangles ... funkier colours too.

You do this kind of thing so well. :clap:

Hi, very colourful geometry submission; it's the last one for me. I feel a triptych would work better and it has a very Kandinsky feel to it with the wonderful colours.

Cheers.

I like both shots, the warm colour of the first and multi colours of the second.

Love the set of four close ups Susie. there aree a lot of good shots this week but these really stand out. (y)

Thank you very much everyone for looking in ...I'm really pleased that everyone liked them .....now on to fashion :wideyed:

Last edited:
Must admit I wasn't keen on the theme, but I came up with a couple of ideas after mulling it over for a few days. Before my son was married and became 'sensible' he always wore these really highly patterned Hawaiian shirts to go out on a Saturday night. I've always kept them as they seem too nice to throw away. I tried a few ideas but decided this collage of some of the scenes on them had the best effect.

I also considered this definition of the word ... Fashion (verb) make into a particular form ...so I did both.

Fashion Hawaiian Shirts.

[/IMG] Fashion (2) TP15 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Fashion (verb) make into a particular form ....Fashioned from glass

[/IMG] Fashion (1) TP15[/URL] by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
#1: I Love your collage, what a great idea and the colours are fantastic. You could print your son a copy as a keepsake. (y)

#2: That looks very difficult to shoot. I like how you have got the light fall-off and that there is no sharp edge. Unusual shape :thinking: I know what I thought it was but I wonder what it really is? :naughty:

Hi Susie, they are sure load shirts, you have done a really good job making a collage out of them, they could use it for advertising

Second one you have captured really well, the lighting really brings the colours of the glass out

I googled Mambo Bitter, got a feel for this type of Fashion. Nicely put together. Would do for the Loud theme. ;)

#2 .. nice idea. Nice and soft blending into the BG well.

#1: I Love your collage, what a great idea and the colours are fantastic. You could print your son a copy as a keepsake. (y)

#2: That looks very difficult to shoot. I like how you have got the light fall-off and that there is no sharp edge. Unusual shape :thinking: I know what I thought it was but I wonder what it really is? :naughty:

Hi Brian ....glad you like them and a good idea about the shirts. #2 is a perfume bottle :) made by Okra Glass, one of my favourites ...such a fabulous colour.

Hi Susie, they are sure load shirts, you have done a really good job making a collage out of them, they could use it for advertising

Second one you have captured really well, the lighting really brings the colours of the glass out

Thanks Alan .... They're great designs on those shirts, it was a bit tedious doing all the shots, worst of all I had to iron them :eek: before I took the photos.

Lighting for the second on is just natural light, I put black card behind it on a windowsill.

Hi Susie,
Just catching up. #1 is a big bright and fun. Definitely get some looks with those on :). #2. Very nice colours, lighting and I like the fade into the background.

Last edited:
Hi Susie.

Love #1 - such vibrant colours and great fun collage. Excellent for the theme. #2 has more subtle qualities; fantastic contours accentuated by both pattern and lighting. Hmm, close call but #1 for me I think.

Hi Susie

Geometric, love all of them :clap::clap::clap:

Fashion, it's the collage for me all the way (except for the ironing bit :hug: have a hug for that :))

Hi Susie
Geometric.... Really love all those colours in that crystal, looks great. Doesn't look like an easy thing to photograph though! I think if I had to pick from the shots it would have to be No1 purely for the myriad of colour...
Also like Geometric 4 quadriptych (seem to have lost picture3) The colours are a bit flatter and don't have a 3D effect as per the first, seems to have a nice balance about it.

Fashion ... That's quite cool reminds me of a comic book page, really effective, and Fab colours. Don't know how you managed to get the shirts so flat nice damp cloth and a good iron I assume (I always found Ironing very therapeutic) . Obviously took some putting together in PS. Loads of interest, lots going on, Nice sharp focus, really good job(y).

Fashion 2 .... Beautiful perfume bottle, my wife has a load of those Egyptian bottle that are very pretty too. I think you have really nailed the lighting on this one. The bottle is a tad floaty, but I think that is a minor detail. Don't ask me to split the two shots very difficult.

Hi Susie

Geometric, love all of them :clap::clap::clap:

Fashion, it's the collage for me all the way (except for the ironing bit :hug: have a hug for that :))

Fashion, now that would look great as a poster. Wonderful vivid colors and detail.

Cheers.

Thank you Jill and Andy ...much appreciate your comments and pleased that you like them.....it was a bit traumatic Jill ...I appreciate the hug :)

Hi Susie
Geometric.... Really love all those colours in that crystal, looks great. Doesn't look like an easy thing to photograph though! I think if I had to pick from the shots it would have to be No1 purely for the myriad of colour...
Also like Geometric 4 quadriptych (seem to have lost picture3) The colours are a bit flatter and don't have a 3D effect as per the first, seems to have a nice balance about it.

Fashion ... That's quite cool reminds me of a comic book page, really effective, and Fab colours. Don't know how you managed to get the shirts so flat nice damp cloth and a good iron I assume (I always found Ironing very therapeutic) . Obviously took some putting together in PS. Loads of interest, lots going on, Nice sharp focus, really good job(y).

Fashion 2 .... Beautiful perfume bottle, my wife has a load of those Egyptian bottle that are very pretty too. I think you have really nailed the lighting on this one. The bottle is a tad floaty, but I think that is a minor detail. Don't ask me to split the two shots very difficult.

Hi Steve ,,,thank you for looking in and for the encouraging comments. I did enjoy those two themes in the end.Thankfully no ironing involved this week.

I was determined to find something on my trip to Wales for this weeks theme, thankfully we didn't get too chilled as the sun shone for us. I decided in the end that a cooling mountain stream was just right for the shot so I dipped my toe in...the things I do for this project o_O passers by probably thought I was mad photographing my foot :rolleyes:

For anyone who is interested I also managed to get another shot in for my 'Hands' project which has been sadly neglected.for a long time.

Chilled TP15 by Susiejb, on Flickr

You've put your foot right in it this time Susie ... and come out smelling of roses - your pic that is, not your feet :exit:. Love the variety of colours in those pebbles. Looks chilling. :clap:

Damn! beating to the putting your foot in it pun. :(
But not to be defeated, you certainly nailed that Susie :D

Hi Susie....
Like Carl I love the colours of the pebbles, I also like the composition your foot coming from the corner is good, but I do feel that its just a bit dark top left, I think that I might have cropped it a little, Lovely ankle too ;)

Oh I love the whole idea ... beautiful foot, colour contrast, wet dry divide, the whole mountain stream coolness.

You've put your foot right in it this time Susie ... and come out smelling of roses - your pic that is, not your feet :exit:. Love the variety of colours in those pebbles. Looks chilling. :clap:

Damn! beating to the putting your foot in it pun. :(
But not to be defeated, you certainly nailed that Susie :D

Thanks for looking in Carl and Cobra ..... I knew there would be a pun somewhere ;) glad you like it.

Hi Susie....
Like Carl I love the colours of the pebbles, I also like the composition your foot coming from the corner is good, but I do feel that its just a bit dark top left, I think that I might have cropped it a little, Lovely ankle too ;)

Hi Judi lovely to see you hopping in ...thank you for taking the time to comment, I did think of cropping it but I didn't want my foot looming too large :)

Hi Susie, great idea for chilled I do hope the water was cold wouldn't want you to be lying to us

Now't wrong wi' a bit a paddlin'... I have no idea why I'm typing in Yorkshire ease. :D:LOL:

Anyway. a lovely exposure of your foot there, good detail and you got the water perfect. somehow I'm a little bit un-convinced that you were going in for real though. :thinking:

Hi Susie, sorry I've not been here for a while.
Religious - that works really well for me, a very dramatic and biblical-looking sky!
Geometric - super colours and much respect for not catching any nasty unwanted reflections like I'm sure I would have!
Fashion - definitely #2 for me - a slightly different take on the theme and a beautifully captured object.
Chilled - brrrr! I shuddered as soon as I saw this and certainly felt the icy water. Full marks for both the shot and your bravery!

Hey Susie :)

Fashion - Wow now that is colorful, a great comic image, nicely pieced together and you have kept the brightness and tones very even for each section (y)

The glass thing appears to be floating in space and a tad fuzzy at the base, although I like the colours :)

Chilled - Sure looks it in this weather, I feel it needs 'something' but not sure what... still nice clear water, and ripples, also the foot coming in from the corner works okay too :)

Hi Susie. - Chilled. Well, I zoomed in and I can't see any goosebumps ;)
Lovely shot and I like that you've got the view into the water (polarising filter perchance?)

Hi Susie, great idea for chilled I do hope the water was cold wouldn't want you to be lying to us

As If I would :) it was a bit nippy, but I must admit not absolutely freezing, no filter used Tim, I'm glad you both liked it.

Hi, Chilled, I like; has a nice relaxing feel to it.

Cheers.

Now't wrong wi' a bit a paddlin'... I have no idea why I'm typing in Yorkshire ease. :D:LOL:

Anyway. a lovely exposure of your foot there, good detail and you got the water perfect. somehow I'm a little bit un-convinced that you were going in for real though. :thinking:

Thanks for looking in both ...good to see that you like it ....I dived in after I I took that shot Brian :D

Back