weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Yep ... colour & detail (y)

Thanks Gary @cargo ...it's only a cheapo Raynox lens ...but seems to do fine for shots like this.

Are you able to use your cheapo Raynox hand-held susie? and what about focusing, same as without the converter attached?

Yep ... colour & detail (y)

Are you able to use your cheapo Raynox hand-held susie? and what about focusing, same as without the converter attached?

@d00d no I wouldn't get away with hand held with the Raynox 250 on my 45-150 lens, it has to be resting on something solid, or a tripod,. ...I can with the Raynox 150 on my smaller 14-45 lens. This is a lot of magnification ...not sure if you're familiar with campanula flowers but they are tiny and the stamen is even smaller. I can do a very zoomed in focus on my camera, but mainly I use just as normal but it is a bit fragile :)

.... wonderful macro images. (y)

I've had a Raynox 250 for years but never really used it successfully, but now I think I'm beginning to understand her.

Hi Susie, nice focus on the stamen and a really nice coloured BG, well done for using the raynox I have the 250 but just got frustrated with it.

Fragile - a nice find for the theme, nice detail and colours.

Thanks Mandy :)

Hi Susie, nice focus on the stamen and a really nice coloured BG, well done for using the raynox I have the 250 but just got frustrated with it.

Thans Allan ...you certainly do need some patience with it, focus isn't easy.

Lovely shot for 'Fragile' Susie.. I really like the colour and detail you've captured (y)

Thanks for looking in Marcus .... glad you like the shot :)

What a gorgeous colour! Love the detail in the fuzzy stamen and the light in the water droplets.:clap:

It's a lovely day today so I took a walk along the cliff top to Watergate Bay

16153090780_d39dfcbac4_b.jpg

Blimey that's colourful ... can't believe how blue the sea is ... looks like a foreign country!

Thats certainly a scenic shot! Like the white horses rolling in across the bay, nice colours, well exposed. Quite a few people out and about. Like the diagonal fron the right that leads you right into the shot. Nice contrasting colour bands running through the frame also diagonally.
Nice Work Susie

A very scenic view indeed. Spot on theme.

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment Stan ....much appreciated :)

Not many on the beach, nice scenic Susie, good job.

Phil

Thanks Phil .... yes, very quiet and such a lovely day too.

lovely shot Susie, and really fits the theme :)

Thanks for looking Lorraine ...glad you liked it :)

Real pleasant lighting in that shot Susie, I'm liking that bay, it must be very popular in the summer... the shot works really nicely with the diagonal slithers of cliff, sand and sea (y)

HI DK :)...yes I took one look outside and dashed out ...the light was really good, it had a nice softness to it. It's a very popular surfing beach ...it's the the same one that I took my windsurfer last year when it was wild and windy....such a change in the sea.

Blimey that's colourful ... can't believe how blue the sea is ... looks like a foreign country!

Well Cornwall is a foreign country d00d :D just a typical glorious winters day down here :)

Love shot Susie - really fits the theme and wish I was there!

Thank you Mich .... I am very lucky indeed to have this on my doorstep.

Scenic - a lovely pleasing image, nice work.

Thanks Mandy ... much appreciate you popping in and taking a look.

Thats certainly a scenic shot! Like the white horses rolling in across the bay, nice colours, well exposed. Quite a few people out and about. Like the diagonal fron the right that leads you right into the shot. Nice contrasting colour bands running through the frame also diagonally.
Nice Work Susie

Thanks Steve I did do a few B&W which I sort of liked, but they did lack the scenic look of the colour one.

Hi Susie, very nice indeed nice exposure and a lovely blue sea, looks like a nice place for a walk and I like that there are a few brave souls on the beach (y)

very nice scenic image. The people add to the sense of scale. Just enough interest without looking busy.

I love your picture Susie.
The lighting gives a very warm feeling which is exactly want you would want for a companions picture.

What could be better than a well worn teddy as a companion for life. As Fabien says, it exudes warmth and comfort. On my monitor, I am losing some detail towards the bottom left hand side where the leg meets the body. It might be my calibration or alternatively the image could benefit from a tweak to get rid of the dark shadow that is lurking there. But hey, Susie, I like it! and by the way.. had the teddy for over 60 years??? Surely not, unless your profile picture was taken a very long time ago!

Last edited:
What a lovely colourful, shiny, if well-worn teddy. Perfect for the theme and the image is very well put together. That frame works well. (y)

What could be better than a well worn teddy as a companion for life. As Fabien says, it exudes warmth and comfort. On my monitor, I am losing some detail towards the bottom left hand side where the leg meets the body. It might be my calibration or alternatively the image could benefit from a tweak to get rid of the dark shadow that is lurking there. But hey, Susie, I like it! and by the way.. had the teddy for over 60 years??? Surely not, unless your profile picture was taken a very long time ago!

Hi David ...I'm pleased you like my choice ...he is a bit threadbare isn't he :) yes that bit looks a bit dark on my iPad too...it's always a battle between the monitor on my desktop and my iPad ...which always looks darker.

LOL about my pic ....thank you for the complement ...that was taken in October :)

Back