weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

I think as others have said, a bit brighter and a bit sharper would make a difference. My OCD would also like to see a horizontal flip to make it "read" better.

That said, I like your choice, although I'm going out on a limb to say I preferred the perfume bottle!

Hi Ian ...thank you for looking in :) much appreciated. I did keep flipping it but it just didn't look right any other way.
I liked the perfume bottle too, but is it Elegant :confused: I couldn't decide so I went for the lily.

Hi Susie

as the others have pointed out, I does look a little dark on my screen (at work)
I also think you have used a to shallow DoF for this subject. The BG works well as it highlights the flower

Hi Darren you hopped in there as I was typing :) Thank you for looking ...maybe it's one I should try on a reshoot and not use the macro lens.

Hi Susie light looks fine to me , well lit in the centre I like the way the light has just clipped the stamen, for me a really nice flower portrait (y)

Nice image for the theme super simple but so effective i like the darkness . (y)
I need to take that on board for myself sometimes to much thinking time

Very nice the bubbles of the ice seem to be being drawn to the light. Great shot

Great image Susie.
I tried oil and water today too.
Messy business :LOL:

Wow nice shot Susie![emoji4]
Love the BG choice and the slightly softer focus on the ice cube edges is lovely

Hi Susie, lovely colour a good range of blues a very good abstract :clap:

Very nice the bubbles of the ice seem to be being drawn to the light. Great shot

Thanks Simon .... I'm always very dubious about whether my shots are good enough so that really encouraging ...thank you :)

Excellent image Susie, really like that.

Phil

Thanks for looking in Phil ...much appreciated :)

Great image Susie.
I tried oil and water today too.
Messy business :LOL:

Thank you, the oil is messy isn't it ...I took about three hundred :eek: there might be one good one but I haven't found it yet :)

Wow nice shot Susie![emoji4]
Love the BG choice and the slightly softer focus on the ice cube edges is lovely

Thank you Ferg .... glad you like you shot :)

Great idea for the watery theme. Beautiful colour and texture.

Thank you Stan ...I really appreciate everyone hopping in and taking a look :)

Hi Susie, lovely colour a good range of blues a very good abstract :clap:

Hi Allan ...I added it PP ...I wanted a nice cool colour and was pleased with how that turned out in the end.

Companions - a cracking shot with lovely lighting!
Elegant - maybe a smidge brighter but certainly bang on theme
Watery - what a great idea and very well executed, love the blue tones and crop
;)

Watery, great concept well executed (y)

Hi Susie

Watery...like that a lot , great patterns in the cube , lovely light on it , partic the almost shafts of light from the top left & I love the color palette of varying blue tones...one for framing me thinks :clap:

Hi Susie - long time no see... sorry! I'm finally back now (sitting in a hotel room so perfect time to catch up with TP52)

Scenic - nice take and I love the mist/haze. I'd be tempted to crop in to lose the vegetation... otherwise it's great!

Companions - well shot but personally I'd prefer a touch more lighting to bring out the shadows a tiny bit. Alternatively, perhaps a slightly bigger light source, especially under that arm on the left of the frame... but it's still a great take!

Elegance - what a lovely image. My only crit (and it's very minor) is the red stamen blend into the black background a bit too much for me - maybe softer lighting would help? The "blackground" is very much so though, so well done on that! Nice DOF btw...

Watery is a belter! I love it... Don't know how you've done the background by I love that... and the subject obviously! Super detail from your macro lens on the interior of the icecube. Superb lighting - awesome!

Love the bubbles giving it some texture and the colours. Nice work.

Hi Sarah and thank you ...much appreciate you looking in :)

Companions - a cracking shot with lovely lighting!
Elegant - maybe a smidge brighter but certainly bang on theme
Watery - what a great idea and very well executed, love the blue tones and crop
;)

Hi Hazel ...thank you for taking the time to look and comment, glad you like them :)

Watery, great concept well executed (y)

Thank you :) much appreciated.

Hi Susie :)

Elegant - Covered by everybody really, a lovely flower and a great background still :)

Watery - Wow what a great idea, really like this one, super detail, love the lighting and the overall colour, no crit form me, a real 'cool' shot :clap:

Thank yoooo DK ...it's been a lovely surprise that everyone likes it so much.

Hi Susie

Watery...like that a lot , great patterns in the cube , lovely light on it , partic the almost shafts of light from the top left & I love the color palette of varying blue tones...one for framing me thinks :clap:

Thanks Lynne ....I'm glad you like it, I think I got the colour about right ....I wanted a sort of iceberg look :)

Very clever, first-rate image (y)

Ta d00d :)

Hi Susie - long time no see... sorry! I'm finally back now (sitting in a hotel room so perfect time to catch up with TP52)

Scenic - nice take and I love the mist/haze. I'd be tempted to crop in to lose the vegetation... otherwise it's great!

Companions - well shot but personally I'd prefer a touch more lighting to bring out the shadows a tiny bit. Alternatively, perhaps a slightly bigger light source, especially under that arm on the left of the frame... but it's still a great take!

Elegance - what a lovely image. My only crit (and it's very minor) is the red stamen blend into the black background a bit too much for me - maybe softer lighting would help? The "blackground" is very much so though, so well done on that! Nice DOF btw...

Watery is a belter! I love it... Don't know how you've done the background by I love that... and the subject obviously! Super detail from your macro lens on the interior of the icecube. Superb lighting - awesome!

Hi Paul ... It's good to see you, I know you've been very busy.
Thank you for taking the time to go back through the thread with your comments, very much appreciated. The lighting for the ice cube....we have some small round led lights ...probably from the Poundshop, I stood my ice cube on top of one :)

Hi Paul ... It's good to see you, I know you've been very busy.
Thank you for taking the time to go back through the thread with your comments, very much appreciated. The lighting for the ice cube....we have some small round led lights ...probably from the Poundshop, I stood my ice cube on top of one :)

Brilliant! Worked really really well and just goes to show - lights don't have to be fancy, you just have to know how to use them ;) (and you do!!)

Back