weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

2 very good pictures but for me the snake is my favourite love the colours this works very well.(y)

2 great pieces of work there Susie. I'm going to go with the spoon as my winner, as I don't think I would have known it was a spoon without the original (though fairly obvious once you know).

Happy - Lovely collage. I wouldn't normally like collages for a photography theme photo because I feel it's more suited for Facebook and scrapbooks and the like, but for this particular theme, I think it actually works, since multiples of happy = more happiness! Also, what a gorgeous boy you have! Looks like he really enjoyed posing for you! ;)

Abandoned - ARgh, the hot chocolate and cake makes me hungry!! Which means, nicely shot! :p And the magazine under it tells the story. Very creative take on the theme!

I really like the one of Flora (that's the dog's name, ya?). Her expression is pefect and her face half hidden in the throw just adds to the melancholic mood.

Camouflage - I like the wide-eyed look on the snake! Makes me wonder what he's up to (probably nothing good). Love the spoon. The B&W patterns make a very bold, eye-catching picture and I like the spoon being placed right on the top like that.

I love how you've processed both photos (and thanks for showing the originals). You've made them look like art pieces to hang on the wall. Is there a name for this style? Like a grungy pop art kinda thing - I like very much.

Thank you Sheylara for your detailed comment ....I don't know if there's a name for the style but I'm glad you like it :)

Hey Susie :)

Abandoned - Now that is giving in on a diet and what a way to go too :D - I like the inclusion of the slimming mag and the nice warm comforting fire in the background :)

Camouflage - AQ couple of cracking images, I'm so glad you have included the originals, I really like the brickwork on the spoon image but for me the flaking paint look of the snake image is great, top shot (y)

Thank you DK much appreciated....yes, I think I'll add the originals in for any more altered images ....it probably adds a bit more interest.

Very imaginative on the camouflage susie very imaginative. I think the snake wins it by a head :)

Thanks Steve, I think I like the snake best too.

2 very good pictures but for me the snake is my favourite love the colours this works very well.(y)

Thanks Michael (y)

2 great pieces of work there Susie. I'm going to go with the spoon as my winner, as I don't think I would have known it was a spoon without the original (though fairly obvious once you know).

Thanks Tim ....I just wanted to leave a faint image of the spoon so it sounds as if it worked :)

Abandoned - great shot of the abandoned diet, nicely lit and it tells the story well. I especially liked the fireplace in the background, a really nice touch.

Camouflage - prefer the snake one as I feel it fits better. With the processing you've used the fence in the background reminds me of scales. The spoon is a good abstract image but I would have preferred the spoon in the middle of the image.

Abandoned - great shot of the abandoned diet, nicely lit and it tells the story well. I especially liked the fireplace in the background, a really nice touch.

Camouflage - prefer the snake one as I feel it fits better. With the processing you've used the fence in the background reminds me of scales. The spoon is a good abstract image but I would have preferred the spoon in the middle of the image.

Thanks Steve ....not sure if you noticed the original but the snake was caught in hubbys keep net when we were away on a fishing holiday. It made a great background, that was why I did the spoon one ....I thought I had it too easy on the snake one :)

Thanks Steve ....not sure if you noticed the original but the snake was caught in hubbys keep net when we were away on a fishing holiday. It made a great background, that was why I did the spoon one ....I thought I had it too easy on the snake one :)

I had noticed the netting in the background of the original shot but had assumed it was in a zoo or somewhere similar, hadn't thought about it being in a net. Must have been a bit of a suprise coming across it in the net. Do you know what type of snake it is?

I had noticed the netting in the background of the original shot but had assumed it was in a zoo or somewhere similar, hadn't thought about it being in a net. Must have been a bit of a suprise coming across it in the net. Do you know what type of snake it is?

I think it's just a grass snake, he was trying to set it free and of course I was saying wait I need to get my camera ...what made it worse was that my hubby absolutely hates snakes, but he did cut a hole in his keep net to free it. Maybe @Cobra will know ...hopefully he will see this and enlighten us :)

Maybe @Cobra will know ...hopefully he will see this and enlighten us :)
I think it's just a grass snake
And you thought correctly Susie (y)
Harmless enough, (unless you are an amphibian small fish or earthworm ) although they do play dead when you pick them up, just after they emit the most evil smelling liquid from their vent! :puke:

Last edited:
:) Well them there horns look dangerous to me ! Great looking creature arn't they.

Gaz

Well I wouldn't argue with one looking at those awesome tusks. Like it that you got his watchful gaze Susie. Hmmmm grey whiskers and bald patch .... could be my twin. :)

Hi Susie, well they certainly look dangerous with those tusks/teeth I wouldn't like to snuggle up with them

That's a really nice shot. So sharp and lovely detail on his fur. It's cool that you've got him kind of looking at you like he's saying, "I'm watching you, lady!"

Nice sharp image Susie. I certainly wouldn't like to be on the wrong end of those tusks, that's for sure!

Dangerous: I love warthogs, and think they're really cute.... so could never see one as dangerous. That said, you've done a good job on this. Super sharp with lovely detail and textures in the fur.

Cracking image, as said very sharp with nice detail in the fur - but your right I wouldn't want to upset It!

:) Well them there horns look dangerous to me ! Great looking creature arn't they.

Gaz

Thanks Gary (y)

Well I wouldn't argue with one looking at those awesome tusks. Like it that you got his watchful gaze Susie. Hmmmm grey whiskers and bald patch .... could be my twin. :)

Surely not ....if so you need to see your dentist Carl :D

Hi Susie, well they certainly look dangerous with those tusks/teeth I wouldn't like to snuggle up with them

Thanks Allan :)

That's a really nice shot. So sharp and lovely detail on his fur. It's cool that you've got him kind of looking at you like he's saying, "I'm watching you, lady!"

Thanks Sheylara ...they were very interested in us :)

Very dangerous Susie, cracking image

Phil

Thanks Phil (y)

Nice sharp image Susie. I certainly wouldn't like to be on the wrong end of those tusks, that's for sure!

Thank you Cobra :)

Dangerous: I love warthogs, and think they're really cute.... so could never see one as dangerous. That said, you've done a good job on this. Super sharp with lovely detail and textures in the fur.

Thanks Jason ...they were very friendly but I still wouldn't like to be chased by one :)

Cracking image, as said very sharp with nice detail in the fur - but your right I wouldn't want to upset It!

Thanks Ruth ....I was pleased with the detail ....I was with my grandsons so I didn't have a great deal of time to take the shot.

Hi Susie... definitely wouldn't want to mess with that dangerous thing! He also looks pretty camouflaged against that ground as well :)

Not sure if getting lower was an option, but I always like to get a few different POVs to see what difference it makes. Worth trying when you can... My usual routine is take the shot I want, then lie down (or at least crouch) and take another. Then climb on top of something and take a third!

Amazing detail on the porker Susie.....would have worked for camouflage too!

Hi Susie... definitely wouldn't want to mess with that dangerous thing! He also looks pretty camouflaged against that ground as well :)

Not sure if getting lower was an option, but I always like to get a few different POVs to see what difference it makes. Worth trying when you can... My usual routine is take the shot I want, then lie down (or at least crouch) and take another. Then climb on top of something and take a third!

Thanks Paul ....I could maybe have dangled my camera over the railing and had a try at another angle o_O there was a brick wall to quite a height. I've signed up for a yearly membership at the zoo so hopefully lots more photo opportunities.

I like the detail you've captured in his bristles Susie - and those tusks look sharp enough!

Thanks Emma :)

Amazing detail on the porker Susie.....would have worked for camouflage too!

Thanks Ruth, I thought that too ...I was a bit worried that he didn't stand out clearly enough from the mud.

Those tusks certainly look dangerous. Lovely sharp beady eye and bristly looking hair but not the most handsome of chaps:LOL:

Abandoned: captures the theme well and tells the story the fire adding to the tale due to feeling relaxed
Camouflage: as I hate snakes too passed this image by. The spoon image is brilliant though so gets my vote.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Susie, a quick catch-up from me as you've posted two themes since my last visit.

Both images for Camouflage are really striking and I admire your processing skills. I think of the two I prefer the colours and textures in the snake image, and it's interesting to see the originals, too.

The Warthog image is full of great details, especially in his bristly, curly coat. With those tusks I can see why you've posted it for 'Dangerous', and he has a beady little eye that makes it seem as though he could be plotting something!

Abandoned - nice idea for the theme, I do love a hot chocolate.

Camouflage - two very good and very creative images for the theme they both work very well.

Dangerous - nicely taken photo, he/she seems harmless enough. Not sure I'd want to get in the way of the horns tho.

Last edited:
That's a really nice shot Susie, perfect for the dangerous theme,

Good stuff with the hog that's almost week 6 and 7 in one hit.. Nice one

Lovely sharp pic of the warthog and those tusks certainly look Dangerous to me even if they aren't.

We've got a couple of wild boar (fenced) in our local park and those are definitely dangerous, and as ugly as the warthog. People are killed by wild boars over here, but, as they are often hunters, serves 'em right.

Nice sharp photo Susie, the detail in the fur is great. If there was one criticism he does blend into the background a little but that's not something you can always control!

Back