The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

I suspect that most people have a kit lens laying around? they tend to be wide..
As above 35mm is natural sight iirc anything wider than that would qualify

Yes, of course they do. I was thinking ultra wide. I’d roll my eyes here but I don’t think it’s possible on my iPad, so I’d better not [emoji16]

I was thinking ultra wide. I’d roll my eyes here but I don’t think it’s possible on my iPad, so I’d better not
emoji16.png
Like this ? :rolleyes:

:D

Sorry for being a bit absent this week... Combination of our standards evaluators (aka Trappers!) being out here from the UK, plus the Squadron having to surge, plus a bunch of the folks who I work with having various issues which I need to lean in to had left me little time for hobbies. The weather's gone rainy and grey so plan A is off, but I'm on a late shift tomorrow so plan B will be enacted then.

Comments may be intermittent though... Sorry!

I suspect that most people have a kit lens laying around? they tend to be wide..
As above 35mm is natural sight iirc anything wider than that would qualify

In the olden days 35mm was considered wide and 28mm was unltrawide on FF, more troublesome on cropped sensors but they tend to come with a wider kit lens.

For me I think HDR or Mirrored (what ever that is, I would guess using a mirror, which could provide some interesting Images with Convex or Concave mirrors, these are found on some cars or shaving type mirrors.

:banana:Thursday Eve Thursday Eve RAH! RAH! RAH! :banana:

28mm is as wide as I go and that's with a Canon FD mount lens on my Sony Nex-5. I used to have the Canon 18-55mm STM but traded it in when I traded my 60D

Ive always fancied playing with a fish eye lens but never bought one as it would get hardly any use

I think I reached peak photography with my trip to the Lofoten. Anyone would like to make me an offer on a slightly battered D850 with all the lenses ;)

No fish eye lens though...

Week 11 already can believe it?
As today is world Armadillo day today
Guess what?
That's right
we aren't doing that one ( this week :D )

But I'm sure we can all find some sort of Transport one way or another

Guess what?
That's right

I found hundreds of miniture armadillos in my wood store at the weekend, well they look the same.

Transport will be good fun trying to find something out of the norm, not saying that I will with the possible government antivirus crackdown pending.

Guess what?
That's right

That will do for me, as I have a cold I will not rush at all as don`t fancy risking getting more ill so it could be next week for my shot. I do know what it will be though but not sure when I can take it as staying in for a few days.

I found hundreds of miniture armadillos in my wood store at the weekend, well they look the same.
True story, a few years ago, I tagged an Armadillo as Armoured Dildo on Flicker.
It got 1000's of views at the time ( and still gets a few now and again).

That begs the question, what the hell were these people searching for in the first place?

True story, a few years ago, I tagged an Armadillo as Armoured Dildo on Flicker.
It got 1000's of views at the time ( and still gets a few now and again).

That begs the question, what the hell were these people searching for in the first place?

Begs the question why did you use that tag!!!;)
Perhaps they have Dyslexia

Last edited:
Still got to sort depict a book but I'm liking this weeks theme very much.....

You are probably right :D

You've seen my images and comments in and around the 52's.
Its nothing unusual (y)

You mean Lysdexia ?
Its pretty much self explanatory (y)

:):):):)(y)(y)

Even google has problems with the way I try to spell some words, and numbers I can't remember more that 3 at a time.
But I remember films I have seen before in seconds and places I have been.its weird

Even google has problems with the way I try to spell some words,
That's googles problem not yours, its not that smart after all is it? :D

I'm sure there will be some interesting modes of transport found

Reactions: rpn
I'm sure there will be some interesting modes of transport found
I was hoping that people would use their imagination. And not just go out and "shoot" the passing No.9 bus
or the UBER they are sitting in ;)

Reactions: rpn
The devil in me is already looking for a No9 bus! :cool:

Hmm, the horse trams and mountain trams only run in the summer and the steam trains are only just about to start on a reduced timetable, so there go my 'unusual' options. We have loads of cars, buses and motorbikes but I like Cobra's hint to try to use my imagination.

Now, where did I leave it...? :thinking::thinking:

Shall we chat about something else?

Here's a question for you all - which of the remaining techniques do you fear the most? Or on the filp side - which one are you hoping will get pulled?

For me it would be HDR for fear - I genuinely have no idea how you go about it. Or panning because I'm confident I will be carp at it! Oh - and the most wide angle lens I own is the kit lens my D60 came with.

Lots there that I would be happy with though - love a bit of black and white, abstract or negative space.

Abstract
Black and White
Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Filling the Frame
Framing
Leading Lines / Shapes.
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Low Light
Negative space
HDR
Soft Focus

Panning
panorama
motion blur

Try finding a bus in rural East Anglia...
I'll be back out there Monday, In my van,
I'll give you a wave as I drive by (y)

mums doctor phoned to tell me she has been taken to hospital very poorly and someone will come out to see me. So all my photography is now on hold.
Sorry to hear that Dave,
Can`t say in the virus thread as it`s locked,
We Mods were getting very bored with the bickering, its stage one, before the bans start getting handed out

Back