Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 sign up thread

Is it Thurday to-day cause we have 3 seconds more or something (its true Ruth said so) so we could have the new theme at 11.57am to-day cause then it will actually be Thursday.
That's gone on the wrong thread, it should be on the 2016 discussion thread, its no good I'm all mixed up:oops: :$

Last edited:
That's gone on the wrong thread, it should be on the 2016 discussion thread, its no good I'm all mixed up:oops: :$
Take a deep breath, grab a whiskey and go lie down in a darkened room, it'll soon pass honestly :D

I've never done anything like this before, but would like to dip my toe in :)
Its good fun, and "makes" you make an effort :)

spend too long reading about photography and talking about photography and not actually enough time taking photographs!
Not sure what level you are at, but if you need help or advice, there is plenty of very experienced photographers taking part,
but don't worry or let that put you off, there are people from all experience levels, & first and foremost, we are a very friendly bunch :)

Not sure what level you are at, but if you need help or advice, there is plenty of very experienced photographers taking part,
but don't worry or let that put you off, there are people from all experience levels, & first and foremost, we are a very friendly bunch :)
I've been taking photos for a few years and belong to a camera club, so I'm not a beginner, but still learning all the time.

I really like the idea of the themes - as you say, it will force me to make an effort, and possibly outside of genres I would normally choose. I'm looking forward to it :)

and possibly outside of genres I would normally choose.
There is a word you need to learn that word is "Shoe horn"
If you can't fit the theme, take a sideways look at it ;)
Your'll get the idea as you go along,
Its a bit of a running joke TBH
I managed about 38 / 52 last time :D

Right... I'm in again... I waited and hmmm'd and haaaaa'd and thought about NOT doing it but its just too much fun with you guys...

Expect a lot of catch ups which is a given with me ;):confused::exit:

There is a word you need to learn that word is "Shoe horn"
If you can't fit the theme, take a sideways look at it ;)
Ah... that sounds along the lines of the camera club mix and match which is a bit like snap - trying to match a photo to one that's been projected.... sometimes it's a little tenuous! Should be fun :)

I've never done anything like this before, but would like to dip my toe in :)
Splendid - Welcome to the 52'ers of 2017 (y)

Right... I'm in again... I waited and hmmm'd and haaaaa'd and thought about NOT doing it but its just too much fun with you guys...

Expect a lot of catch ups which is a given with me ;):confused::exit:
Yay !!! I'll add you to the sheet now Colin :)

sometimes it's a little tenuous!
Most will tell you that not even "tenuous" could be used to describe some of mine.
But what the hell :D

Yours !!! yours are not even CLOSE to tenuous at times :LOL:
dancer_bowing_mw.gif

If acceptable I would like to give it another go next year. I had to leave the forum for a while due to commitments.
Truley missed the weekly challenges though and the comments and commenting all great fun and inspiring.

I'll try and post weekly or just pop by to say hello.

Christmas wishes to one and all, happy clicking and here's to a happy 2017

Chris

If acceptable I would like to give it another go next year. I had to leave the forum for a while due to commitments.
Truley missed the weekly challenges though and the comments and commenting all great fun and inspiring.

I'll try and post weekly or just pop by to say hello.

Christmas wishes to one and all, happy clicking and here's to a happy 2017

Chris
Welcome back Chris, life unfortunately does this, getting in the way of our free time and hobby !!! will be good to see you back in the 52 in 2017 (y)

Absolutely Chris, and just jump in as when you can too (y)

Hi folks if it is ok with you all, then I`d like to try this. I have read the rules but don`t understand on all the Linking, I do have a Flickr account. So do I join the 52/2017 Flickr and upload that way. Sorry for the questions, but I am a slow learner but need to get out and take photos.

To the people who are just starting with the 52's, I'll tell you what I did long ago and told no one. I became member back in 2007 not hardly knowing anything about photography but loved getting out and taking photos. I started the 52's it must have been around 2010, I think before that I support a local birding forum. Anyway in 2010 I began the 52's and really was very interested and the theme was First Light and I went to a local wood and took a photo of a tree bud just opening, I loved it and the comments were very positive. Then of course along came a comment from someone, can't remember who and it doesn't matter but I took the comment which was picking up on the photo how it could be improved and I unfortunatly didn't see it like that and I walked away from the forum for 10years, did other things but it always bothered that I didn't try to do what the person suggested and wasted 10 years of learning.
So, from my experience don't take a comment to heart, if someone suggests to alter a part of your photo, try it and see how you like it and if you don't perhaps just say thanks but I like it the way I've done it.
I came across lots of lovely people on different forums but something kept drawing me back to this one and here I am, no regrets.:)

Am I right in thinking, now I have set up my Thread, that is where I post all my shots in when the theme is picked to start ?
Hi David.
Yes, you post/link your image in your thread, and it's your thread where you might want to expand on your thought process behind the shot.
It is also your thread where people will comment on the image.

However, so that everyone knows you've posted an image for the week, you also post/link the image in the main thread, and add a link to your post in your personal thread.

See the "Like +Quote Quote Share" below...
Clicking on the 'share' link brings up a dialogue box from which you copy out the direct link to your post.

Hope that helps.

To the people who are just starting with the 52's, I'll tell you what I did long ago and told no one. I became member back in 2007 not hardly knowing anything about photography but loved getting out and taking photos. I started the 52's it must have been around 2010, I think before that I support a local birding forum. Anyway in 2010 I began the 52's and really was very interested and the theme was First Light and I went to a local wood and took a photo of a tree bud just opening, I loved it and the comments were very positive. Then of course along came a comment from someone, can't remember who and it doesn't matter but I took the comment which was picking up on the photo how it could be improved and I unfortunatly didn't see it like that and I walked away from the forum for 10years, did other things but it always bothered that I didn't try to do what the person suggested and wasted 10 years of learning.
So, from my experience don't take a comment to heart, if someone suggests to alter a part of your photo, try it and see how you like it and if you don't perhaps just say thanks but I like it the way I've done it.
I came across lots of lovely people on different forums but something kept drawing me back to this one and here I am, no regrets.:)

As Shirley says, you will get comments on your images.
We are generally a friendly bunch here in the 52, but we will point out where *we* think something could be done differently.
Please, please take them in the spirit that they are intended, we're not picking holes (regardless of how tactless we might be), but simply trying to suggest different approaches.
I know I've benefited immensely from the suggestions posted in my thread over the past couple of years.

As Shirley says, you will get comments on your images.
We are generally a friendly bunch here in the 52, but we will point out where *we* think something could be done differently.
Please, please take them in the spirit that they are intended, we're not picking holes (regardless of how tactless we might be), but simply trying to suggest different approaches.
I know I've benefited immensely from the suggestions posted in my thread over the past couple of years.

Good points, I think we as photographers can only get better with help and advice, which I will except 100%

and we have the scaly one who can be poked into fixing mistakes.
Full time job that Tim :p
But seriously @Dave70D if make a posting mistake, just tag me as I've tagged you that is @ followed by user name, and I'll get a notification, and I'll sort it,
other than that everyone here, especially those that have done this before are always willing to help :)

I'd love have a crack at this, a bit of motivation will be good for the learning curve

Think I have missed it but what day do the theme for the week get posted?
It was Friday, but traditionally this year it has been Thursday afternoon. with the occasional Friday.

edit, you are quite right I've not mentioned it anywhere :facepalm:
Now added to the first page (y)

Last edited:
I might regret this, but sign me up. I need to dust things off a bit.

Back