Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 sign up thread

Hi folks if it is ok with you all, then I`d like to try this. I have read the rules but don`t understand on all the Linking, I do have a Flickr account. So do I join the 52/2017 Flickr and upload that way. Sorry for the questions, but I am a slow learner but need to get out and take photos.
Welcome to the 52 of 2017 David (y)

I'd love have a crack at this, a bit of motivation will be good for the learning curve
Welcome Pete :)

I might regret this, but sign me up. I need to dust things off a bit.
Good luck with your challenge Darren, hopefully this gives you the push you need :)

I'm in had a couple of years not doing much so must try harder.
Hopefully the 52 will be the answer (y)

@Dark Knight thanks for the welcome, looking forward to getting involved more, and this will help as well as getting me thinking on the shot, still can`t figure out the linking, but will pick it up.
Ditto will have to break out the laptop as I can't figure it out linking on my phone. Looks like linking is the first challenge lol.

still can`t figure out the linking, but will pick it up.
Click the number in the bottom right hand corner and copy the URL that pops up.
in this case its #205 and the url is
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...up-thread-now-open.639872/page-6#post-7673105

left click, drag and highlight a word, that you have posted, such as LINKY
Click the little chain symbol above, and paste the URL into the box that appears.

Then click insert.
That word is now hyperlinked to the page in question.
:)

Last edited:
Ditto will have to break out the laptop
Curious, I rarely use the phone, just checked and there are no post numbers .
I'm raising this with Marcel (y)

The man with the spanners has said he will be able to add this for "everyone" and will do so as soon as he gets a few minutes (y)

Another one, all great stuff. Welcome Rav.
Tomorrow picking out the theme will be like Harrods sale, or in my case Wilkinsons. Folk dashing everywhere clicking cameras. On the starting block everyone.:)

Its a bit of long story but Christ @Cobra posts up a new theme (drawn from a bag according to him :naughty:) normally on Thursday sometimes on a Friday depends on how busy (so he said) he is. So look out for the practice theme for Week 0 tomorrow.

Oh, as said its a practice theme to get people into the mood and doesn't count as the 'official' 52.

Last edited:
Its a bit of long story but Christ @Cobra posts up a new theme (drawn from a bag according to him :naughty:) normally on Thursday sometimes on a Friday depends on how busy (so he said) he is. So look out for the practice theme for Week 0 tomorrow.

Oh, as said its a practice theme to get people into the mood and doesn't count as the 'official' 52.
Hallelujah.:cobra:

Having made 2 aborted efforts without posting a photo, I'll try for 3rd time lucky this year! Since having my 2 boys, I've barely taken a non kid \ family related photo so in the last 5 years, so hopefully this will be the push I need. I'm not creative either, so this will hopefully push the boundaries a bit also.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's entries - good luck everyone!

Hello everyone please include me, I am changing jobs in 2017 so I will have more free time on my hands, I will be working as a tree surgeon once I have done my courses. I am also a fully fledged Nikon user now, I have my Nikon D610 which I got late last year and Santa brought me the Nikon D810 my lenses are 24-120 G IF 80-400 D and 70-300 G IF ED, I also have a stunning Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 tripod and MHXPRO-3W head, Nikon SB 800 flashgun that's just for starters.

More victims er I mean photographers, welcome:welcome:, we are on the starting block for the trial run, the theme will be drawn later.:snaphappy:
Its nearly the time, very nearly, almost nearly. Get Set........

Hello everyone please include me, I am changing jobs in 2017 so I will have more free time on my hands, I will be working as a tree surgeon once I have done my courses. I am also a fully fledged Nikon user now, I have my Nikon D610 which I got late last year and Santa brought me the Nikon D810 my lenses are 24-120 G IF 80-400 D and 70-300 G IF ED, I also have a stunning Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 tripod and MHXPRO-3W head, Nikon SB 800 flashgun that's just for starters.

Welcome back Mandy.
When DK finally catches up updating the spreadsheet ;), I think we're up to 55 now.

Is it too late to sign up? I fancy having a go at this :)

Having made 2 aborted efforts without posting a photo, I'll try for 3rd time lucky this year! Since having my 2 boys, I've barely taken a non kid \ family related photo so in the last 5 years, so hopefully this will be the push I need. I'm not creative either, so this will hopefully push the boundaries a bit also.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's entries - good luck everyone!
Is it too late to sign up? I fancy having a go at this :)
Welcome aboard folks, I've added you to the front page, and as soon as Dean @Dark Knight spots it, he'll add you to the spread sheet (y)

Back