weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

I don't normally like OOF FG ... but it works here. (y)

I would crop out the closest largest segment as I think it's size is a little distracting, other than that (y)

Hi Donna,
Mineral - I have no idea what it is, but I like it for the colours and the tiny lights in the background.
That said, #2 is even better (imo), I dunno, something about the simplicity of it.

Whole - It works as an exercise in shallow DoF and high key ish processing.

I like them both Donna, #1 because of the good framing of the jet skis and #2 for the perspective. Hmmmm hard choice ... #2 if pushed.

Whole - a cracking take on the theme, love the pov, the colour of the orange looks great makes me want to pick it off the screen and eat it.

Structure - I like both images, they both have great detail, and good focal points.

Last edited:
#1 for me because of the framing of OOF the jet skis. Well spotted.

liking #1 ... good focus on the Structure with added BG activity.(y)

I like them both Donna, #1 because of the good framing of the jet skis and #2 for the perspective. Hmmmm hard choice ... #2 if pushed.

What he said....
First has the jetskis fro interest, the second is more on theme.

Number two for me Donna. Lots of detail to see under the Structure although I would have cropped out most of the sand (but that's just because I love letter box crop images :p)

Hi, Routine, like the idea and overall well processed. Not sure if there's a processing issue with your left arm on the left photograph?? Looks like you don't have a left arm.

Cheers.

Structure:
#1 for me Donna, as you've managed to frame the two jet skiers so well.
#2 doesn't work for me because it's slightly squiffy.

Routine:
Nice bit of compositing there. Works very well.
Is the reflected lights your your lighting rig?

Structure, well caught with the jet skiers through the archers.

Routine, had a similar idea but doing something different but having never tried that in Photoshop and also hating Photoshop its on the back burner.

(y)

Thanks for your comments. The thought originally was just to have my so brushing his teeth, then the idea of adding a different picture in the mirror - then, hey why not, added another one as well

Routine:
Nice bit of compositing there. Works very well.
Is the reflected lights your your lighting rig?
Thanks, the lights are in the mirror. I took photos with them both on and off, but felt the lights on worked better.

i may be being stupid here, but is this the same person in three different positions? if so i love it.
Ha ha, luckily I only have one son and not triplets, so yes, all one person

Routine, had a similar idea but doing something different but having never tried that in Photoshop and also hating Photoshop its on the back burner.
(y)
Try it, I can't say I am very good at photoshop at all. These 3 photos were taken on Manual at the same aperature/shutterspeed so the lighting was the same, edited in Lightroom first (with the same edits copy and pasted on the 3 photos), put in layers, and I used the eraser on each layer. There must be better and more accurate ways to do this, but I am still to learn Photoshop better. One day...

Okay, small catchup so here goes:

Mineral: Excellent choice of subject (and here's me thinking I was being original!). Love them both but prefer the second for reasons already stated, the light on the wooden table just looks great and I actually like the green light painting...very creative!
Whole: Whites are white, oranges are literally orange and the DoF is perfect. Nice idea, well executed.
Structure: Much prefer the second one for me (what can I say, I love the symmetry!). I'd have perhaps even tilted up slightly to get more of the structure itself in, perhaps opening up the shadows a little or some....*whispers* HDR? :angelic:
Routine: Another very good idea and clearly the patience and skills to make it work. Well done.

Cheers

Ian

Whole, great take, but I would of took the first segment out as well, love the colours
Structure, like the second photo, it made me duck when I fist saw it, that makes it a really good shot for me.
Routine, great use of photoshop to tell the story.

Back