weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

Beautiful colours in the first apples shot.

The musical box is a great choice. I remember being fascinated by the exposed workings of one my Grandmother had when I was young. The harsh shadows work well.

Nice image David. Hard to get the lighting right with so many shiny parts, you've done a good job.

It fascinates me how anyone ever thought to make something like this in the first place. You've captured the detail well with all the little prongs and tines (sounds like a fork, but you know what I mean!!)

Week 33: Square - Technique: Dappled Light

Not very creative but it is a Square image

Dappled-Twisted-Hazel-Square.jpg

You've ticked the boxes with this one David.
Square and dappled it certainly is.

I love corkscrew hazel. You can get some fascinating walking sticks made from it. Bang on for theme and tech.

Week 34: Small

Well there is a small, a smaller and a tiny visitor here:

Small-Smaller-and-Tiny.jpg

Alternative :
Small Snack for a small Butterfly

Small-Snack.jpg

First one stands out David. Sun must have been low to get such long shadows.

Week 36: Scapes

City

Urban-Landscape.jpg

Alternative - Landscape

Cloud-View3.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh both nice shots and quite different from each other. It's looking very green there compared to here, though we are improving. Good to see so many hedges for wildlife and not big open fields.

I like the cityscape best, David. I think that you chose the right one.

Nice pictures for both of them, the cityscape is my favorite. The sky in the landscape looks like it could be overprocessed?

Although it could be the screen at my end. Nice work.

Definitely the city. I love the blend of blues and the reflections of the buildings.

Week 37: Looking Up

Glad it didn't fall while I took this.

UP-1.jpg

Some alternatives

Me being artistic :(

UP-2.jpg

Up inside the Beech

UP-3.jpg

This would have been my original choice if I hadn't already posted it. Taken this morning before the subject was announced.

Daytime-Moon-SharpenAI-Softness.jpg

I love the moon shot - I'm sure no one would have known - but the honesty is admirable.

Out of interest, what was that taken on? (lens length)
OM1 300mm + MC-14.
So 420mm on Micro 4/3rds or 840 mm FF equivalent.

Some interesting Images David, I like the flower shot, but it's not as apparent that it is looking up.

Pete

Some interesting Images David, I like the flower shot, but it's not as apparent that it is looking up.

Pete
If you look it was taken from below the flowers “looking up” at the sky. Where else could it be but up?

Week 38: Electrical

At the bottom of our Garden

Electrical-1.jpg

Alternatives

Where the electric gets distributed

Electrical-2.jpg

Low voltage stuff

Electrical-3.jpg

All The Colours of the Rainbow

Electrical-4.jpg

Well you posted these lightning fast :) All fit the bill nicely. You can put your feet up for the rest of the week!

edit - my favourite is the rainbow coloured wires image for the colours and lines.

Very quick off the mark, it's the last one for me as it is so colourful. Well done.

Back