weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Topical: very nicely done. Crisp and clear with good whites and black's. Really like the idea and composition. All round this has a very polished feel to it.

Have to agree with @LC2 here also - Im always mindful of sensationalism in the news and this is again proof of how subtle a form it can take

Hi Susie, just having a mammoth catch up session!

Camo - two wonderfully creative interpretations and captures like them both but edging towards the snake :)

Dangerous - lovely sharp (no pun intended) image and those tusks !! I think the tight crop works well making the subject more in your face and even more menacing !

Topical - Great interpretation and think the PP is perfect - looks so clean and "solid" - love it :D

Well done with the topical its certainly well on brief, the added news headline is a nice touch.

Susie, perfection topical image. Everything is really well done, lighting is spot on as is the sharpness. The composition really helps set this image off.

Hi Susie, love your topical shot, as everyone has said great idea, great compo and well executed (y)

Thank you ...I really appreciate you all looking in :)

Topical: very nicely done. Crisp and clear with good whites and black's. Really like the idea and composition. All round this has a very polished feel to it.

Have to agree with @LC2 here also - Im always mindful of sensationalism in the news and this is again proof of how subtle a form it can take

A nice crisp image,and bang on theme (y)

Hi Susie, just having a mammoth catch up session!

Camo - two wonderfully creative interpretations and captures like them both but edging towards the snake :)

Dangerous - lovely sharp (no pun intended) image and those tusks !! I think the tight crop works well making the subject more in your face and even more menacing !

Topical - Great interpretation and think the PP is perfect - looks so clean and "solid" - love it :D

Thank you very much folks...mucho appreciated :)

My gosh you did get some action there. Love the movement of the water and the bright colours of the birds coming through. The composition and crop work well Susie. :clap:

Well spotted and captured Susie (y)

Very good, you have captured the motion in the water well and it conveys a sense of agression

My gosh you did get some action there. Love the movement of the water and the bright colours of the birds coming through. The composition and crop work well Susie. :clap:

Thanks Carl, it's not cropped ....I had my 45 -150 lens on so fortunately I was able to zoom in.....I was lucky to be there at that moment.

Well spotted and captured Susie (y)

Thanks Chris :)

Very good, you have captured the motion in the water well and it conveys a sense of agression

Thanks Chris ....they definitely meant it.

Love the motion, aggression and the splashes of colour in this shot, Susie.

Thank you Jenny ....I liked all the swirly action too.

Nice shot Susie very will caught and certainly depicts the living world

I didn't know ducks fought over their women like that. I googled it and yes there are images/videos.

Great capture susie, I particularly like that big FG splash.

Living World - great action shot there ! nice colours and a real sense of movement and action :)

Thanks Jon :)

Love the action, lets hope they botrh remain living, well spotted :)

Thank you Ruth ...one gave in eventually and swam away ...but I don't think it will be the end of it !

Nice shot Susie very will caught and certainly depicts the living world

Thanks Mark ...I 'd got a few ideas but was really pleased to spot this one.

Well spotted, Susie. The obvious aggression and motion of the ducks and the water splashing around them makes for an immediately striking image, and the flashes of colour are the icing on the cake. It works very well for this theme.

Thanks Andrea ...I liked all the splashing water too.

Great submission Susie. Love the action and the colours and that it takes a mo to work out what it is only helps to draw me in. Well done.

Hi Susie, well caught ducks plenty of action and the closeness works really well,

ducks are quite horrible birds at times apparently duck rape is very common I was shocked :eek:

Oh blimey!! They're really having at it aren't they!
Ducks really are thugs!

Topical - I think it’s quite a good idea, putting together that news story with the right prop. ;) I like the B&W treatment. :)

Living World - Ooh, nice action. Too bad their heads are not in focus, but I really like the sharp frozen water!

Great submission Susie. Love the action and the colours and that it takes a mo to work out what it is only helps to draw me in. Well done.

Thanks Brian ...much appreciate you looking in :)

Well caught and good timing too. Love the water motion and dashes of colours. Boys will be boys. :)

Thats true :) ....thanks Stan.

Great shot there Susie, Content is king and you've got the content there. (y)

Thank you Tim (y)

Scrapping ducks, gotta make you smile.

Nicely frozen water. I'd like the ducks in focus.

Cheers.

Yes it would be nice but they were swirling about like maniacs :( thanks for looking in Andy.

Blimey Susie - they are sure going at it, a tough challenge to get them in focus while they are going quackers :D

Nice water and sense of wild movement... like it (y)

Thanks DK ...Maybe if I 'd had more time I could have focused better but it literally was a seize the moment shot.

Good idea. I guess the ducks were too busy to say cheese :)

Thanks Colm ....yes too busy trying to murder one another I think !

Hi Susie, well caught ducks plenty of action and the closeness works really well,

ducks are quite horrible birds at times apparently duck rape is very common I was shocked :eek:

Thanks Allan ...yes you often see them trying to drown one another at this time of the year :(

Topical - I think it’s quite a good idea, putting together that news story with the right prop. ;) I like the B&W treatment. :)

Living World - Ooh, nice action. Too bad their heads are not in focus, but I really like the sharp frozen water!

Thanks Sheylara ....much appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

You are cruel to your Lego subjects :D

Nice Idea Susie, although I think less DoF so we can actually see the little fella a bit more defined?

Hi Susie, I am all for cruelty to lego characters, out of the two the first one works for me, I like the depth of field and nice spiky nails
how long did it take you to set them out

Hi Susie, I am all for cruelty to lego characters, out of the two the first one works for me, I like the depth of field and nice spiky nails
how long did it take you to set them out

Thanks Allan ...I just couldn't seem to find anything very interesting so settled on this idea o_O
The 'nails' ....well I should say it took hours but I cheated and used a flower arranging spike ::)

Thanks @Cobra I used my macro lens so it was a sort of choice between sharp nails or the man ...I should maybe have compromised.
I gotta say I do prefer that one (y)

Hi Susie,

The Living World, life, movement and a splash of colour too, good idea for the theme.

Spiky, I prefer number 3 to be honest, more dramatic and overall better balanced and the B&W treatment works very well. Love it.

Back