2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

Hi all, I've posted this in my TP52 thread as well, but for the widest coverage it's here as well.

I've just placed 19th in the 2014 POTY. I'm disapointed but keeping my chin up (y).

I'm making a sincere call for more critiscism of my photoraphs. I know it may not be easy to take, but placing 19th and lower for the first two months of the POTY is making me quesiton my abilities as a photgrapher.

I'm not going to quit and I'm not fishing for compliments, just hardcore crit.

I appreciate your continued feedback.

Regards.

Think the issue you have (well in my case any way ) is some people are quite new to this giving critique and struggling to give good constructive feedback due to a lack of experience and end up just giving feedback on what I like / dislike personally on your photo hopefully in time and with more experience this will change but currently its not going to help you improve witch is a dam shame when your really trying to take the next step, luckily there are quite a few posters who can give the type of feedback you need :)

p.s not looked at the POTY before today and there is some excellent photos in there looks quite interesting

Last edited:
Like Iain I'm sat in a hotel trying to type on a tablet... so this will be short, oh and my table is ready for 8:30

Andy I will up my crit as requested, but ad you may have noticed, my tech knowledge still isn't that good, my crit would still be on personal preference and thoughts on specific elements of an image, happy to receive as well as give

Iain, I'm with you on the thought and intentions part of our weekly submissions, I have touched on it lightly at times, but agree it would be helpful in the criticism of images and also to guide others as to how and why certain images are taken....

Hope this makes sense.., i'd normally re read before posting BUT I'M HUNGRY so going for my food

I always post some kind of reasoning, especially as I am partial to the occasional crowbar usage!

Sorry not been on much these last few weeks, I am now finally healthy, just been busy with the hubby getting hammered at work! It's rather inconvenient the kids only being in school until 1230!

Think the issue you have (well in my case any way ) is some people are quite new to this giving critique and struggling to give good constructive feedback due to a lack of experience and end up just giving feedback on what I like / dislike personally on your photo hopefully in time and with more experience this will change but currently its not going to help you improve witch is a dam shame when your really trying to take the next step, luckily there are quite a few posters who can give the type of feedback you need :)

If you try hard to give critique (not criticism as some seem to think) you will find your own photography improving because you will start to expect more of yourself and raise your game as a consequence. Why not google "critique a photograph" and then distil the results into a check list, once you have that it's quite easy... focus: yup, Verticals ok & horizon level: yup, contrast: oh it's a bit too much for this subject I feel, and so on. As long as everyone is honest and we all use a bit of tact we will all stay friends! and remember that when people critique your images they are trying to help.

Can I just say that I learned the above the hard way. People on last years '52 will tell you how lousy I am at this, but I am learning! ;)

I have just uploaded a pic from Flickr on to my thread...they seem to have changed the options and you can't just click on 'all sizes' and get the usual link....but I have just realised the link I have used connects to all my Flickr photo's which I didn't really want...can anyone tell me the right link to use now, so that I just post the one photo.

Thank you :)

I'm hoping to catch up this weekend, i have an idea for swirl but don't know how to do it in practice.

I have just uploaded a pic from Flickr on to my thread...they seem to have changed the options and you can't just click on 'all sizes' and get the usual link....but I have just realised the link I have used connects to all my Flickr photo's which I didn't really want...can anyone tell me the right link to use now, so that I just post the one photo.

Thank you :)
No idea... sorry Susie, is it the new version you are trying ???

If so, I tried it and switched back as although I preferred the layout, I couldn't find the correct share link :D

No idea... sorry Susie, is it the new version you are trying ???

If so, I tried it and switched back as although I preferred the layout, I couldn't find the correct share link :D

Thanks DK ....I 've had a fiddle around with it this morning and I think I 've solved it...but I 'll have to wait until I upload my next pics to find out for sure !

Well.......this is the first week since we started I haven't felt 'keen'
504_shrugging.gif
.........and we're only on week 12 .....................
so a bit of a subdued Friday party dance, this week, from me
nanarobot.gif
:)

Time again? How is that possible? Can't we just tear that up and do another one as we only just had it and it's bad enough having it for the third year in a row let alone two weeks ago!

I don't want to grumble but there are a few struggling with the themes and considering quitting, this could be the straw and all that!

Cheers all the same Sarah, it's not a grumble at you, but maybe the bag needs a bit of a clean up!

I have to agree with you Marsha. I've only just done a reshoot of time as well :banghead:

Could we just mix the letters up and have a theme of item, emit or mite?:p

I have to agree with you Marsha. I've only just done a reshoot of time as well :banghead:

Could we just mix the letters up and have a theme of item, emit or mite?:p
I think I'll do that anyway!

Admittedly I know what I want to do for it, but it depends on the military sending me the prop on time!

But we can't have the same theme from two weeks ago! I've only just done the last one!

sorry guys, been a bit slack this week both in comments and shooting the theme. ill be catching up shortly and be getting swirl done along with this weeks theme.

I demand request a repick too - stroppy house models means I've not done my Time photo for last time - please don't make me think of another idea as well :crying:

haha - surely we can't all be on candid camera....

better the devil you know...... (just sayin'). :)

Just wish that I had a house model, dogs don't model well;)

They are very handy and so much more attractive than scary selfies ;)

I also have a selection of dogs to choose from - but obedience isn't one of their better attributes :D

Time!

bananas.gif

:coat: :D

Ok........ so its now linked........there has to be a connection there somewhere .......:tumbleweed:

Thanks Sarah :)

Back