weekly 52 for 2020 - Wibbly. | Week 6 (Wild) added

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Playing catch up a bit here - apologies.

Week 1 - Local

A bit of a throwaway as it’s an alley close to where I live, but it is local :D
4869386A-F905-48BA-AE53-406913CE30FE.jpeg

Week 2 - Pleasure

My guilty pleasure - photographing classic cars. Taken at a recent car meet. It’s also a Porsche, one of those things I’d definitely buy if my numbers came up!

ED9E8740-2559-404C-837A-FE34B8CBB4A5.jpeg

Week 3 - Tools

OK, I’m cheating here as it’s a phone pic! We’re currently having our bathroom re-done which is taking far too long.

C11D8BC7-6AAC-4A7C-88C2-69A0B40EE08F.jpeg

OK, cheating over... up to date and ready to do it properly from now on :ROFLMAO:

Some nice images Dave, great catch up.

Nice catch up Dave, and phone images aren't cheating, you use what you have to hand (y)

I like the messy layout of tools.
Looks as they "work" as I do :D

Hey Wibbly,
Nice catch up there.
  • Local - Certainly fits the theme. As you say, not an exceptional shot but it gets you up and running in the 52.
  • Pleasure - A nice old Porsche there, lovely colours captured and good use of DoF.
  • Tools - Nothing wrong with phone shots. Often the widest lens you have available.
  • Discarded - A little busy perhaps? But I guess it's all discarded. Colours are nice, verticals are vertical etc. :)

Well done on the catch up Dave!:clap:
There's some great images here.

Local: Nice processing, and good composition...the light pole is nicely placed centrally.
Pleasure: Very nice image of a very nice Porsche...they don't have a bad angle on them. Colours are great!
Tools: Good, honest image...ticks the boxes for me!
Discarded: You're 'discarding' those hanging baskets? They're in way better nick than mine! Nice image, with good colours!

Hi Dave

Wk1 - It will do, it fits the theme.
Wk2 - Is that at Biscester Sunday Scamble, Very Nice car, very clean body work on it for its age.
Wk3 - A load of tools in your bathroom, I hope you are not doing it as you have a lot to do yet.
Wk4 - Several discarded Items captured, but as they are behind an old shed are very really discarded? We knoww people put things behind the shed for later on.

Well done on catching up.

Pete

Just realised I have seen but not commented on your posts.
1) The street view reminds me of my childhood,
2) ha ha I remember what having a bathroom fitted looks like,
3) the porsche is beautifully crisp excellent clarity.
4) Isn’t that what all allotments loo like..
fab set of photos so far. Excellent detail and bang on theme.

I think you could have cropped between the rusty barrel and the black/dark green compost bin. It might have simplified the photo a bit.

Week 5 - Snappers Choice

Some of you may have noticed a bit of a theme forming which is my joy at shooting automotive stuff. This was taken yesterday down in Banbury at the Monte-Carlo Historique event which is held in the market square every year.

Week-5---Snappers-Choice
by Dave Young, on Flickr

A very shiny old jaaaaag.
Good placement in the shot, though possibly getting all of the windscreen in (if possible) would be better?
I'm sitting here zooming in on all the reflections trying to work our which is you ;)

Works for me - nice shot. Looks a bit “Inspector Morse” :)

You cannot beat an old Jag I really like that the composition works really well.

I love photographing cars and have been looking for a Red Ferrari to photograph but with out any joy

Lovely old, and very shiny Jag!
Nice placement and PoV (y)

Lovely shot of the Jag', the processing makes it even better. :)

As above and I really do like the sixties feel to the processing.

Hi Dave, welcome aboard the 52! It's my first visit and you've done well to catch up with images that are on theme. My favourite is your Snapper's Choice image as it is not only a lovely car but the setting and processing work well to complement the look of the shiny car. I also like the way you didn't feel you needed to include the whole car but showed off the shiny details at the front in its environment (y)

Processing has a vintage theme the works well with the car. Nice pov so not too much car to overtake the image :)

I like it, the burgundy of the car stands out well against the background.

Week 6 - Wild

Busy weekend and a bit of a lack of inspiration this week, wanted to try to portray the wild flowers and the wild weather we had this weekend!

Week-6-Wild
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice moody shot.

Definitely got the wildflowers but not really seeing the weather in this shot in afraid. Nice silhouette as well - calming whilst also moody - like the shot.

Back