Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Certainly a monstrous thing, very poignant and well captured with good light picking out the details in the sculpture

Hi Allan,

Lost - lovely use of the light to spotlight the key.

MONSTROUS - What Stan said. Can't put it better.
The fact you've deliberately placed the face in shadow adds to the feeling of despair.
thanks, I'm sure the lighting isn't that deliberate on my part it was taken in the cloisters although surrounded by windows is quite a dark place, I do think the poor light helped with the feeling of the image

Allan

Monstrous, very good Image, much better on Flickr. Children suffering like that is truly monstrous.

Pete

Perfectly symmetrical....do I even need to get my ruler out?! :D

Even the planters either side of the windows are perfectly placed....nicely shot.
Blowing the sky out works well for the simple composition....nice and contrasty....great detail too.

(y)
Thank you, not so much a blown out sky just a flat grey one but it did kind of work to my advantage

....not so much a blown out sky just a flat grey one but it did kind of work to my advantage

Yes indeed, I didn't mean blown out....my mistake, sorry Allen.
I'm still finding my feet with critique....hope you can forgive me. :)

Good find Allan, I'm still ssstrugling to come up with something and you go and knock it out of the park with something like that.
Puts me in mind of (half of) the Playschool house.
Thanks Tim

an interesting take on the theme. A boring subject to photography but very apt. The mono works well and that includes the plain white sky.
Thanks its very mundane, part of its charm maybe

Balance
A simple and effective way to portray the theme, I agree with you about the two planters, they really make it work.

Crush(ed)
Well there goes my idea, I'll have to get my thinking cap on.
I like the white background, it helps to concentrate the eye on to the crushed nuts :wacky:

Balance
A simple and effective way to portray the theme, I agree with you about the two planters, they really make it work.

Crush(ed)
Well there goes my idea, I'll have to get my thinking cap on.
I like the white background, it helps to concentrate the eye on to the crushed nuts :wacky:
Thanks for looking I

Another simple and effective image for the theme. I like it and I like nuts too.

Thanks, I like nuts too

Perhaps, but I suspect a fair number of us would like to get the the standard where we can just produce something at this standard without having to think too hard about it.

Thank you

Fab shot!

I had another take on "crushed nuts" planned as a backup :naughty:

Hi Allan,

Monstrous - I think it has all been said already, but this is a powerful image of a powerful sculpture. You have captured it very well with a high viewpoint, which adds a feeling of vulnerability to the bowed head, and the B&W tones are spot on. I saw a similar memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum and it evoked such strong feelings in me; 'monstrous' is correct. Where is this one?
Balanced - a traditional old bungalow and almost perfectly symmetrical throughout. Good choice (y)
Crushed - ah, I had something like this in mind - I'll have to think again, especially as you have done this so well :) Light, layout and exposure all perfect as usual.

Hi Allan,

Monstrous - I think it has all been said already, but this is a powerful image of a powerful sculpture. You have captured it very well with a high viewpoint, which adds a feeling of vulnerability to the bowed head, and the B&W tones are spot on. I saw a similar memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum and it evoked such strong feelings in me; 'monstrous' is correct. Where is this one?
Balanced - a traditional old bungalow and almost perfectly symmetrical throughout. Good choice (y)
Crushed - ah, I had something like this in mind - I'll have to think again, especially as you have done this so well :) Light, layout and exposure all perfect as usual.
The sculpture is in Chester Cathedral, Thank you for looking in

Ooooh nice - something I've never tried and I think I should :)

Back