weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

Close - Cheetah: You've done well to get this shot through glass. I know this is outside of your control, but I would have liked to see the cheetah facing the camera a bit more. Looking at your photostream, I actually prefer the other two shots you've uploaded. Fungus: I think the shapes are interesting in an abstract way, but my pick would be the cheetah.

Bubble - I like the colour. Not sure how you shot this, but there's some slightly distracting elements in the background (behind the glass?).

Looks good to me - luckily it inspired me a bit more this week - lots of nice golden bubbles

Thanks, I do feel its dull

Really eye catching and loving the goldenness (because that's a word).

Oil in Water? Would Love to know how it was done.

Its condensation bubbles on the inside of a plastic bottle

Nice clear shot... "Golden"...

Thanks

Close - Cheetah: You've done well to get this shot through glass. I know this is outside of your control, but I would have liked to see the cheetah facing the camera a bit more. Looking at your photostream, I actually prefer the other two shots you've uploaded. Fungus: I think the shapes are interesting in an abstract way, but my pick would be the cheetah.

Bubble - I like the colour. Not sure how you shot this, but there's some slightly distracting elements in the background (behind the glass?).

I see what you mean, but I have no enthusiasm for it

Good colour Allan, light looks well around the bubbles (y)

Apart from the fact I know its oil on water, I'm another one that's not sure how you get this affect :thinking:

The lines in the background/underneath? are a little distracting though :)

Maybe you're being to hard on yourself? Whats not to like....? For me a stong piece of work very well executed

Thanks

Good colour Allan, light looks well around the bubbles (y)

Apart from the fact I know its oil on water, I'm another one that's not sure how you get this affect :thinking:

The lines in the background/underneath? are a little distracting though :)

There is no oil involved its just condensation on the inside of a plastic bottle

There is no oil involved its just condensation on the inside of a plastic bottle

That explains why I thought I could see a door in the bg!

I like the highlights and overall effect but the main colour puts me off. More my problem than yours I think!

On theme and I do like the colour. Plenty of detail as well.

I agree with you about not feeling inspired by this theme. I guess there will be more but that's part of the challenge (y)

Cheers.

Interesting, colourful, bubbles a'plenty of all sizes.... that'll do for me. (y)

Nice tones and lighting Allan, one small crit would be I think id have a little more DOF so all the bubbles are sharp as there are a few it the bottom of the frame that are off. good job. (y)

Great colour, nice definition in the bubbles themselves.

Thanks

I like the highlights and overall effect but the main colour puts me off. More my problem than yours I think!

the whole thing puts me off

On theme and I do like the colour. Plenty of detail as well.

I agree with you about not feeling inspired by this theme. I guess there will be more but that's part of the challenge (y)

Cheers.

It is indeed

Nothing wrong with that mate... love the golden glow myself, lovely crisp image too (y)

Thank you

Interesting, colourful, bubbles a'plenty of all sizes.... that'll do for me. (y)

Ta

Brilliant shot, Allan. Great colours and sharpness.

Thanks

Nice tones and lighting Allan, one small crit would be I think id have a little more DOF so all the bubbles are sharp as there are a few it the bottom of the frame that are off. good job. (y)

Difficult to get more D0F with a macro lens on the sloping neck of a bottle

Hi Allan, don't you just hate it when some themes don't inspire you. I like this though, great detail and colour. I especially like the bottom half with the lines through, I'd be tempted to crop most of the top off!

I am tempted to bin it

Very much like the idea and the colours

Thanks

For a 'post and be damned' kinda image Allan, it works well (n)
I like the warm colour tones and the simple composition.

Hi Allan

another vote here for the lovely colors & sharpness in the centre bubbles....would never have guessed they were on the inside a bottle....well spotted & shot for an un-insipred week.....:)

Hi Allan, don't be on hard on yourself - I like the colours and thats there are plenty of bubbles! Some weeks are hard to inspired by but thats part of the challenge - I've struggled more since I've rejoined this year, but I'm lucky to have Peter to keep pushing me!:)

WEEK 5 SMOKE

IMAGE REMOVED I dislike it myself and its a cheat as in not taken this week, will get something else :whistle:

I took the pictures of the smoke late December but PP'd it today. was not going to take more pics when I had them,
again not greatly inspired by the subject :sorry:

Last edited:
Just my personal preference, but I'm not a lover of the repetitive pattern Allan. Saying that, I can appreciate the pp skills you must have to do it :), its something I couldn't do.

I like the colours and the symetry - it's very hard to think of something that not everyone will do :LOL:

Hi Allan

Grrrr....there's me not even able to get one decent smoke image & you post up that little masterpiece :clap:

yet again I can't crit other than to say I think I'd have gone for punchier colors...though I doubt I'll get the chance as struggle to get the image to start with :banghead:

Nice work Allan... I think the repetitiveness of the image is overbearing though... maybe just the single mirror image would have worked for me but I suppose its down to personal pref... hope you dont mind the crit...

Smoke - I like the pattern you've created here (needs to be viewed large to be fully appreciated IMO) and the colours.

I hear you on the lack of inspiration for the theme - after Bubble I was hoping for something more open to interpretation and then we got landed with Smoke...

Sorry if you come to this and are slightly confused there was a picture but I disliked it from the start, was just being lazy really.
the last couple of themes have been :meh: :indifferent:

Back