Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

I'd maybe have had the margin round the edge a similar width as the gaps between the individual punches, but that's minor. I really like this.

Good point about the edge, thanks for looking in

Nic and hock. There is something wonderful about such objects, they have real character. Quite right in the frame and I'd ok to see a little more detail in the shadows on the letters.

Would also like to see all the letters, if you have them all, that is.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, typing with sausages again, I do have the full set but 26 isn't a good number for symmetry so stopped there

I like the tight, square framing and for me you have lit and captured the details well

Thank you

Great set of punches! You should be able to work out who's they are by the worn out letters!

Good idea for the theme - and a nicely detailed shot - well lit!

Last edited:
Metal: At first glace seems to strangley lean to the right, is it a kind of optical illusion or just my eyes being wonkey?

Speaks to me of metal and industrial and is a good creative take on the theme.

Super sharp photo of something I hate using ;) Maybe slightly less cropped would be better? but overall a great picture :)

Good sharp picture I like the punches and I think the tight frame works

Great set of punches! You should be able to work out who's they are by the worn out letters!

Good idea for the theme - and a nicely detailed shot - well lit!

They are from work, thanks for looking

Metal: At first glace seems to strangley lean to the right, is it a kind of optical illusion or just my eyes being wonkey?

Speaks to me of metal and industrial and is a good creative take on the theme.

Yes they were a pain to line up had to resort to selotape in the end
Thanks for the comment

Super sharp photo of something I hate using ;) Maybe slightly less cropped would be better? but overall a great picture :)

Thanks for looking in crops been noted

Good sharp picture I like the punches and I think the tight frame works

Thank you

Blimey - they are small !!!

Love the detail on these Allan and the square crop obviously works perfectly, lighting very good too, was this natural light ??

Thanks DK was shot with flash

Nice and dark and moody for the metal theme. I wonder what a less 'straight on' perspective would have been like. I'm guessing I'd like both mind you.

Apologies Allan, thought I'd replied to this already, so many tabs open between end of 2015 52 and the all new 2016 52 :runaway:

Love the Old picture, and anything that makes @Cobra feel old is well worth the thumbs up after his scathing comment in the discussion thread for the topic :p

Metal must have taken some patience to set up :eek:, beautifully lit, would just like to see a little more border to it.

and anything that makes @Cobra feel old is well worth the thumbs up after his scathing comment in the discussion thread for the topic
Touche' or is that touchy ?

:D :kiss:

I like your old camera and the square format works well with the letters.

thanks

Nice and dark and moody for the metal theme. I wonder what a less 'straight on' perspective would have been like. I'm guessing I'd like both mind you.

Thanks for looking unfortunately didn't try a different perspective

Lovely sharp image, love the tones and contrast as well as the tight crop - my kind of image :)

Thanks

Apologies Allan, thought I'd replied to this already, so many tabs open between end of 2015 52 and the all new 2016 52 :runaway:

Love the Old picture, and anything that makes @Cobra feel old is well worth the thumbs up after his scathing comment in the discussion thread for the topic :p

Metal must have taken some patience to set up :eek:, beautifully lit, would just like to see a little more border to it.

Thanks, everyone would like a little more border it seems....:(

This is so creatively done, great lighting and dof. I really like that you can see the marks on the ends of the letters. Fantastic. Good luck completing you 52

Hi Allan, very nicely done for metal, its got great presence with the sharpness and contrast you have captured. Great start :)

This is so creatively done, great lighting and dof. I really like that you can see the marks on the ends of the letters. Fantastic. Good luck completing you 52

Thanks for looking in

Hi Allan, very nicely done for metal, its got great presence with the sharpness and contrast you have captured. Great start :)

Thanks

Hi Allan, like the shot good details and texture too. For me and that's just me, I would prefer a 4x3 ratio rather than 4x4.

Interesting, never thought of that, I am annoyed with myself now for not trying it

hi
Metal-interesting subject, great details, sharp

Thanks Anita

I used to have a set of these, I wondered where they went, have you been in my shed Alan? :LOL:
Nice job matey, 1 down 51 to go!

Hi Allan

Nice Old camera with the groovy lighting you do so well. (y)

Those little metal punches scream "Metal" ... with the raw ends shining in the light like that. (y)

Old is great :)
Metal is great, and I understand why it is the way it is, but my brain pokes me every time I look because they're back to front :LOL:
Look forward to seeing more. :D

Hi Allan

Nice Old camera with the groovy lighting you do so well. (y)

Those little metal punches scream "Metal" ... with the raw ends shining in the light like that. (y)

Thanks d00d

Old is great :)
Metal is great, and I understand why it is the way it is, but my brain pokes me every time I look because they're back to front :LOL:
Look forward to seeing more. :D

Thanks Ruth it does mess with your head a little

Really subtle image. Love the darkness, and the fact it's off centre. Makes it look like a horror film poster.

Great image!

More low key awesomeness. Very atmospheric and dark in both senses of the word.

Very creepy and reminiscent of the recent BBC London Spy theme.I think I would have sliced off some of the left and bottom of the pic to have placed the hand on the "third". Nicely lit for the subject. Oh; and who was actually in the trunk.....................:eek:

Nice 'n moody ... great prop. Is there really someone with a hand that size in a box that size?

Great idea Al, very moody (y)

You've made such a strong start with the 52s and appropriate use of B&W. Love the letters for metal and the lighting is just right for captive. Who's the model in the box?

Good luck in the upcoming weeks,
Oscar

Really subtle image. Love the darkness, and the fact it's off centre. Makes it look like a horror film poster.

Great image!

Thank you

Very "dark" in a spooky way - the darkness of the image suits it beautifully - a very nice interpretation :)

Thanks

More low key awesomeness. Very atmospheric and dark in both senses of the word.

Thank you

Very creepy and reminiscent of the recent BBC London Spy theme.I think I would have sliced off some of the left and bottom of the pic to have placed the hand on the "third". Nicely lit for the subject. Oh; and who was actually in the trunk.....................:eek:

The point was to see the whole trunk which comes across better on flickr it seems slightly darker on here

Nice 'n moody ... great prop. Is there really someone with a hand that size in a box that size?

No one is in the box, thanks for looking in

Nicely on theme. Very simply and effective image.

Thank you

Great idea Al, very moody (y)

Thanks

Brilliant. The low key gives it a very mysterious air.

Thank you

Nicely done, leaves a lot of questions unanswered

Thanks I suppose it does

You've made such a strong start with the 52s and appropriate use of B&W. Love the letters for metal and the lighting is just right for captive. Who's the model in the box?

Good luck in the upcoming weeks,
Oscar

Thanks, its where I keep the wife

Evening, crit first, not keen on the specular highlights on the nails and the central locking mechanism dominates the photograph a little.

On the plus, it super :) Very creepy, well processed, well composed and great idea.

Just what I'd expect from a veteran 52er (y)

Cheers.

Evening, crit first, not keen on the specular highlights on the nails and the central locking mechanism dominates the photograph a little.

On the plus, it super :) Very creepy, well processed, well composed and great idea.

Just what I'd expect from a veteran 52er (y)

Cheers.

the highlights annoy me too I forgot to take them out :banghead: thanks for looking in Andy

Back