weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Holy crap, after your 'pretty' Bold submission this smacked me right between the eyes!

I can imagine the conversation, "Darling, I need to borrow you for a minute" :)

Nope, none of the crit is worthy of saying, because it's irrelevant.

Belter.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy that means a lot to me,
I did show Jane some of the screen shots from the movie to give her an idea of what I was trying to achieve

WOW.......

that's some Relax shot....I'm with Andy on this one...no way could I crit ! The gritty effect , the look in her eye , the position of the instrument.....:clap::clap:

Bold...yup, certainly is, cracking contrast between all the colors & I love that you've not used a whole flower head , bold composition as well....works a treat :clap::clap:

Thanks Lynne,

Hi Allan.
Relax, a strong compelling image, it tells a story, the look in the eye is pure fear. Good work (y)

Thanks Iain nice of you to comment :)

I like alternative, I do alternative and this one is definitely alternative; you are a tog after my own heart. Excellent.

Thanks, have looked in at your thread, you know we are going to be labelled a psychopaths don't you :ROFLMAO:

Wow Allan I went into my Flickr and that was the first thing on my screen ...composition, colour, and the thought process behind it, that is a real stunner :clap:

Thanks Susie, sorry for that being the first thing you saw, its a little disturbing

Bold, love it, great colours and composition.
relax, wow! very well processed! It just works, and it's not what you expect.

Thanks Michael, it's not very relaxing but then again thats not the theme

relax is a brilliant shot, her eye really makes it. I can see what you're trying to get but still doesn't say relax to me, it says fear or murder lol

that's a fantastic take on the theme Allan. Were your next words 'this won't hurt a bit'?

Very well done :clap:

relax is a brilliant shot, her eye really makes it. I can see what you're trying to get but still doesn't say relax to me, it says fear or murder lol

wasn't really trying to convey the actual meaning of relax, more what the kind of thing someone would say at that point, I bet next weeks theme is fear, I will be kicking myself then

that's a fantastic take on the theme Allan. Were your next words 'this won't hurt a bit'?

Very well done :clap:

Thanks, too kind

Very clever Allan, a great idea well presented (y)

I like bold a lot, thoughtful composition and I really like the choice of background colour.

Relax is fantastic, viewed large against the black background it's got some real impact, the expression in the eye and the glint of the scalpel lend it a real sense of panic. The grainy conversion finishes it off a treat.

I like the take on the theme. Certainly made me pause when I saw it on the main images thread.

The idea is a great one, the composition and framing are excellent, and as Iain said, the expression too. However for me, the processing doesn't work. I think that a lot of the grey tones are at the darker end of the spectrum which might enhance the mood, but I would prefer to see a few more brighter tones. A harsher light coming across the face, and whites in the eyes perhaps. The grain feels a bit much too...

You get the prize for the week's scariest entry though :)

Cracking idea for Relax and well done to your other half too :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, not only does she have to put up with me she has been dead several times for pics

Relax
WOW Allan nailed it mate...
The fear in her eyes.... thats going to be a tough on to follow.

Thanks

That's a cracking shot. The B&W works well and great idea on the theme too.

Thank you

I like bold a lot, thoughtful composition and I really like the choice of background colour.

Relax is fantastic, viewed large against the black background it's got some real impact, the expression in the eye and the glint of the scalpel lend it a real sense of panic. The grainy conversion finishes it off a treat.

Thanks for looking in

I like the take on the theme. Certainly made me pause when I saw it on the main images thread.

The idea is a great one, the composition and framing are excellent, and as Iain said, the expression too. However for me, the processing doesn't work. I think that a lot of the grey tones are at the darker end of the spectrum which might enhance the mood, but I would prefer to see a few more brighter tones. A harsher light coming across the face, and whites in the eyes perhaps. The grain feels a bit much too...

You get the prize for the week's scariest entry though :)

To be honest I wanted a dirty gritty feel, maybe I have gone over the top a touch but to have nice grey tones didn't really work it looked to nice, I agree about a harsher light across her face,
thanks for the crit, its good to get a different view will certainly take it on board(y)

Wow, excellent, powerful, striking, dramatic - the list of superlatives is never ending :clap:

Love the mono treatment. We clearly had the same idea: this isn't a subject which lends itself to pretty colours! This is a very powerful subject and I love the edgy treatment of the statue which seems to emphasise the fact that it's a young man who's facing the firing squad. Looking at the names and ages of some of those commemorated in this memorial, some of them were just teenagers. Desperately sad and very moving, and you've really done it justice. Nice work.

Love the mono treatment. We clearly had the same idea: this isn't a subject which lends itself to pretty colours! This is a very powerful subject and I love the edgy treatment of the statue which seems to emphasise the fact that it's a young man who's facing the firing squad. Looking at the names and ages of some of those commemorated in this memorial, some of them were just teenagers. Desperately sad and very moving, and you've really done it justice. Nice work.

Thats the thing that struck me about it there were a lot of young men to young to cope with what would have certainly been hell and to top it all they shot them

Hi Allan,

That's a very thought provoking image, especially knowing the back story. as Sara says, you've done it justice, no crit from me

Hi Allan,

Bold: top notch - like the best sort of bold poster-art. Really like the colours and the shapes.

Karl

Hi, Allan, as I've just said in Sara's thread, this is the part of the memorial I always spend a silent few moments at. It pains me to comment on the technical aspects considering the story behind, so I won't.

Cheers.

Powerful image for vertical.
Works all round.

Superb twist on Relax! No crit as its spot on for me....great job!

...Very poignant, Allan - and this picture does it justice and captures just the feeling that I guess the sculptor aimed to convey.

Hi Allan,

That's a very thought provoking image, especially knowing the back story. as Sara says, you've done it justice, no crit from me

Thank you

Hi Allan,

Bold: top notch - like the best sort of bold poster-art. Really like the colours and the shapes.

Karl

Thanks

Hi, Allan, as I've just said in Sara's thread, this is the part of the memorial I always spend a silent few moments at. It pains me to comment on the technical aspects considering the story behind, so I won't.

Cheers.

I can understand that, it's by far the most moving piece in there

Powerful image for vertical.
Works all round.

Thanks

Superb twist on Relax! No crit as its spot on for me....great job!

Thank you

...Very poignant, Allan - and this picture does it justice and captures just the feeling that I guess the sculptor aimed to convey.

thank you, I am not sure I have done it justice, you have to see it for yourself

Hi Alan. That's a cracker! Cheers!

Hi Brian :wave: I must of missed you yesterday, you and Andy where the only two people I had any kind of reference of, I have seen a pic of you and more pics of Andy than I have seen of my own kids,
spotted Andy straight away, you where obviously hiding somewhere :shifty:
maybe next time (y)

Thanks for popping in :cow:

Thanks

Hi Brian :wave: I must of missed you yesterday, you and Andy where the only two people I had any kind of reference of, I have seen a pic of you and more pics of Andy than I have seen of my own kids,
spotted Andy straight away, you where obviously hiding somewhere :shifty:
maybe next time (y)

Thanks for popping in :cow:

Clearly I made an impression.:tumbleweed: I was with Andy and Isabelle by the polar bear when you came to say hi to him and I shook your hand and said hello and asked you how was your journey from Chester. ;)

:ROFLMAO::D

As already been said a very hard hitting image, nicely processed :)

Clearly I made an impression.:tumbleweed: I was with Andy and Isabelle by the polar bear when you came to say hi to him and I shook your hand and said hello and asked you how was your journey from Chester. ;)

:ROFLMAO::D

Oh my god how stupid am I :facepalm:, I thought you said your name was Nick I even told Jane that, I can only apologise, please feel free to punch the information in next time :sorry:

Have you ever thought of changing your name to Nick :D

Vertical ... an amazing piece of art, beautifully photographed. I know there's nothing more to see down below but would like to see it anyway. I didn't get the "vertical" connection at first but do now.

Hi Allan :)

A bit of a catch up from me...

Bold - DAMN... how bold/vivid is that !!!

I really like this one Allan, such great colours and a very nicely selected crop, the blue background really adds to the punchiness of the image :clap:

Relax - OMG :jawdrop: and I thought Andy was twisted :D

A beautifully gritty image, again a well selected crop and the mono suits it very well... another clap from me :clap:

Vertical - Sorry... it appears on the wonk to me slightly, probably just how my aching brain is perceiving it, a very eerie and thought provoking image, liking the conversion again, the tree background really helps the statue stand out, nicely lit mate and nice detail :)

Allan said:
Taken at the NMA meet yesterday, a good day out and was a pleasure to meet some of you
Hmmmmm... just wondering who wasn't a pleasure to meet :thinking:

:LOL:

Hi Allan :wave:

Good to finally meet you after the last couple of 52 years :) & to meet your OH Jane & pooches as well :)

Another super shot of the memorial , processed well to reflect the sombre subject (y)....a very moving memorial indeed, the expression on his face gets me every time I see it..

Back